5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, Nov. 20 2002
This review is from: Global Knives Cooks Knife 20 Cm (Kitchen)
This is one of the first global knives I bought. I loved it the first time I held it in my hands. What impressed me most was the perfect balance, the lightweight, and the sharpness. However, what may be perfect for me may not be perfect for you. I'd recommend anyone who is shopping for cutlery to go to a store and try how the knife feels in your hands before buying. And if you can borrow from a friend to try, that's even better.
Having used this knife for several years now, my initial impressions haven't changed. This is still my favorite knife for most tasks. I maintain it regularly with a steel and it is as sharp as it ever was. I have found though that for certain tasks like cutting slits into an onion for dicing or cutting root vegetables, I do prefer a heavier knife (that's why I bought another forged global knife), but that is just personal preference. All in all, a great general purpose kitchen knife.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Knives, March 15 2013
This review is from: Global Knives Cooks Knife 20 Cm (Kitchen)
This is the fourth Global knife I've bought and it won't be the last. I've slowly been replacing my entire collection with global as I haven't found anything else as sharp that holds its edge for as long and that feels as good in the hand. This price is by far the best I've seen anywhere in Canada as well, definitely a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen confidential Tips and tricks, June 18 2003
Petrol (Brooklyn, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Global Knives Cooks Knife 20 Cm (Kitchen)
Based on Chef Tony's recommendations, I put this knife on a Christmas wishlist and was superbly delighted that the Chef knows what he's talking about. The 8-inch Chef's Knife is light, sharp, and versatile. Meats, veggies, fruits, fish don't stand a chance. I recently received another of Chef Tony's suggestions: the Wusthof offset-serrated knife (it's available here for 30-some dollars) and between these two, there's nothing you can't do in the kitchen. Who is Chef Tony? Anthony Bourdain. Go get "Kitchen Confidential" and find out what I'm yammering about :)

5.0 out of 5 stars best knife, June 21 2014
Amazon Customer (New Westminster; BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Global Knives Cooks Knife 20 Cm (Kitchen)
Bought this knife as I suspected that my existing knives were cheap...and I was right.

Love that knife. Very sharp and easy to handle...this is a huge difference with my old ones.

I love the handle; good size and because it's one piece; stuff does not get stuck. Very easy to clean.

Will definitely buy more and slowly replace my cheap ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars global knives, June 1 2014
This review is from: Global Knives Cooks Knife 20 Cm (Kitchen)
very sharp can cut a piece of paper easily, bought it to slice meat, works and looks good, thanks, recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Globals in General, April 5 2014
This review is from: Global Knives Cooks Knife 20 Cm (Kitchen)
Extremely sharp out of the box. Probably the sharpest you'll ever get it unless you're skilled in the sharpening arts (I'm not). Weight and balance are subjective but they tend to work well for me. One of the best features is the one piece construction. No worries about food getting caught in the grips or pinch points. A breeze to clean between uses. I spritz with vinegar and wipe with a clean towel.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, March 6 2014
This review is from: Global Knives Cooks Knife 20 Cm (Kitchen)
Excellent product, we are very happy with it. Would recommend to anyone who cooks at home,,opens a whole new world about what a good knife is supposed to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best knife I've ever owned, May 1 2013
This review is from: Global Knives Cooks Knife 20 Cm (Kitchen)
A great buy, and well worth the price. I didn't know that a knife could be so sharp. After using this knife, all the other knives in the kitchen seem dull. I now have a few more Global knives on my wish list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great knife... watch your thumbs!, April 30 2013
This review is from: Global Knives Cooks Knife 20 Cm (Kitchen)
I gifted this knife to my brother as he was in need of a new chef's knife. First thing he does? Chops the tip of his thumb off. BE CAREFUL AS THIS KNIFE IS SHARP!!! I've used the knife a few times and I'll explain why I like it and why it's a great gift. I found this knife very comfortable to hold. My brother (initially) did not hold the knife properly (pinch grip) so didn't understand why I found it comfortable and he didn't. This knife is also very balanced. Global makes a hollow handle and fills it with a little sand to balance the knife perfectly. I like gifting this knife to people looking to step up from the block set of knives and move onto more professional ones for a few reasons. One, they are very comfortable, sharp and reliable. Two, the alloy they use is dense enough to minimize the number of sharpenings they need but is soft enough not to be brittle (home chefs and students don't often know that a chef's knife is not to be used on bones, frozen items, etc). And three, they are more affordable than some of the other high-end brands but perform just as well. And for the record, my brother's thumb healed very well. There's a superstition with knives stating that a knife doesn't belong to its new owner until it's tasted his/her blood. So my brother has a knife for life now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Global Knives Cooks Knife 20 Cm, Jan. 6 2013
Robert W. Carpenter (Coe Hill, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Global Knives Cooks Knife 20 Cm (Kitchen)
I just recieved my knife for Christmas 2012. In the short time I have used it I am very pleased and happy with it. I had already been lookimg online at this knife, as well as other knives, but I checked it out with my grandson who is now in training to be a chef. My grandson and his instructors highly recommend this knife. I checked further online to get other opinions and I found that this knife is rated very acceptable by most chefs. I can not believe How thin I can slice a tomato, or how easy it is to chop vegetables. The balance is perfect. I love the feel and the look of it.

Global Knives Cooks Knife 20 Cm