5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter's favorite Sesame Street DVD
Of all the Sesame Street DVDs that we have, this one is definitely my daughter's favorite. Though she is only 15 months old, she now sings bits and pieces and hums the tune to several of the songs on here. When my husband and I try to watch a DVD, she will run over and grab this one and shove at us to put it in so she can watch it.
Unlike some other Sesame Street...
Published on March 4 2002 by fiddldd3

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing songs collection
I purchased "Sesame Street - Kids' Favorite Songs" (part I and II) on Amazon and both the DVDs are in the return box now for the following reasons:
Published on Jan. 22 2002 by R. Kidiyoor

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter's favorite Sesame Street DVD, March 4 2002
fiddldd3 (Decatur, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sesame Street: Kids Favorite Songs (DVD)
Unlike some other Sesame Street DVDs, this one actually has somewhat of a plot. Everyone on Sesame Street thinks that Elmo is going to do a top ten countdown of his favorite songs on the radio, so they all spend the entire time trying to convince him to use their favorite song on the countdown - turns out all Elmo wants is some quiet time so that he can practice his top ten countdown (all he is going to do on the radio is count backwards from 10 to 1.) The songs on here are some favorite kids' songs - I've Been Working on the Railroad, Baa Baa Black Sheep, The Alphabet Song, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Row Row Row Your Boat, She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain, John Jacob Jingle-Heimer Schmidt, etc. If you only purchase one Sesame Street DVD, this should be it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing songs collection, Jan. 22 2002
R. Kidiyoor "ragjunk" (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sesame Street: Kids Favorite Songs (DVD)
- The songs are performed mostly by Sesame street characters and adults. Kids come and go in some songs, but the songs are not performed by children. My daughter doesn't like characters alone, so she didn't even watch the first song completely.
- There is a lot of talking. I wanted a video with just songs and only songs.
- Since the songs are performed by characters, they are not as musical as the ones performed by children. In some cases, the lyrics are hard to understand because the characters sing too fast and loud.
My daughter wants to watch other children sing and play and learns a lot from it. That is where this DVD set disappointed me. The quality of the DVD and the production are up to Sesame street standards.
In summary, if your kids like Sesame street characters, they would love this video. For me, these DVDs are going back and will be replaced by "Cedarmont Kids Sing-Along Songs 3 Volume Set" by TimeLife videos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic kids songs sung by the Sesame Street gang, Oct. 9 2000
John "John" (PHOENIX, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
The premise of this tape is that Elmo has been asked to do a "Top Ten Countdown" on the radio, so all of the sesame street characters want to be sure that their favorite song is included in the "Top Ten." As Elmo travels around Sesame Street, each of them sings their favorite song to (or with) him.
Our two year old is mildly interested in Sesame Street but she seems to really enjoy this tape. The music is lively and there's enough going on to hold a toddler's attention. The tape contains several classic children's songs such as "Row, Row, Row Your Boat", and "I've Been Working on the Railroad." Throughout the tape, the concept of counting down (from 10 to 1) is repeated either by Elmo or a couple of short cartoons. Overall, I highly recommend this tape.
The only negative comment that I have is that the first several minutes of the tape contains ads for other Sesame Street tapes. I find this to be annoying because you have to fast-forward through them each time you want to play the tape. If they have to include them, I wish that they'd put them at the end of the tape.

1.0 out of 5 stars 17 minutes of 1970's technology--find an alternative, March 29 2004
This review is from: Sesame Street: Kids Favorite Songs (DVD)
My biggest problem with this DVD is that it is so incredibly short. They claim 32 minutes play time, which is a complete lie. A good part of that is commercials and credits. We clocked just under 17 minutes of actual entertainment. The commercials weren't even good ones that entertain. Credits can also be fun, but not in this movie. The kid is not interested.
My next problem is that the DVD is very old. The audio is chalky. The audio quality sounds as if they took an old video tape and digitally recorded it (as opposed to 'digitally remastered').
There is no menu and no chapters. You can't fast forward to the actual movie, you have to manually forward the movie. It's as if they took an old VHS tape and put in your DVD player. One would think that Sony could invest $20 in software to make the few adjustments necessary.
I think that this DVD is worthless. Do not be taken in by its low price. $1 is too much to pay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of songs and lots of fun!, Jan. 12 2002
My 21 month old daughter is a Sesame Street fanatic and has been since about 12 months old, when she got this tape. Not only do I love the beginning song (which sounds like Bob Dylan) but all of the songs on this tape are old favorites: "I've been working on the railroad", "Twinkle, twinkle little star", and my daughter's favorite, "She'll be coming 'round the mountain". In other words, if you are looking for a tape of Sesame Street songs, this is not the tape for you. Yes, this is a S.S. video, but the songs are kid's favorites, sung by the characters on the show. When I first popped in the tape, I was expecting "Rubber Duckie" and the other cute songs from the show. However, this is not the case, but is NOT a disappointment. Sesame Street fans will love singing and dancing along to the video, which is adorable and will be played in your house for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of our favorite Sesame Street videos!, Nov. 3 2000
What makes this video so good? 1. Elmo! who needs a better reason? Not my 17 month old daughter! Ok, maybe the parents need more reasons... 2. Lots of classic kids' tunes! 3. Teaching counting backwards from 10 to 1 (lots of times!) 4. For those of you who haven't figured it out yet, The Alphabet Song, Twinkle Twinkle, and Baa Baa Black Sheep use the same melody. (I'm ashamed at how old I was when I figured this out!) 5. A Bob Dylan wannabe singing Old MacDonald on the radio at the beginning. (this had my 40-something sister and me in stitches!) What, you need more reasons??? How about it's good, CLEAN fun in video and relatively inexpensive? Or that, as with just about anything Sesame Street, it appeals to a wide range of age groups with short segments, constantly changing?
Not convinced? Ok, buy it yourself--you'll see!

4.0 out of 5 stars Terrific video . . . with one exception!, March 16 2002
By A Customer
Our two-year-old loves this video! It has helped her to learn classic kids' songs such as "Baa-Baa Black Sheep" and "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star". The video includes all your kids' favorite Sesame Street characters and has a great, easy-to-follow storyline! I do have one warning for parents with very young children: if your kids are not yet well versed in counting from one to ten, you might want to consider holding off on this video. Throughout the show, Elmo is repeatedly practicing counting BACKWARDS from ten to one. This is great for young counting pros, but it seemed to confuse our daughter who had just mastered the first ten digits.

4.0 out of 5 stars Holds their interest!, Oct. 31 2003
jiandmoy (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sesame Street: Kids Favorite Songs (DVD)
My twins are eleven months old and previously I only showed them videos from the Baby Einstein series. This is their first introduction to Sesame Street and they love it. Now one of my twins finds the Baby Einstein videos a bit boring, and so I have to play this video very often. I am planning to buy the Sesame Street Kids Favorite Songs 2 DVD. The reason why I gave this video 4 stars is because both my girls dislike the "This Little Piggy" segment towards the end of the video and when they reach this part, they both get restless and look away from the tv and sometimes even cry, and then I have to skip this song and go to the next song.

5.0 out of 5 stars A 17 month old's favorite, April 24 2001
By A Customer
This is another Sesame Street favorite (the other one is "1 2 3 Count with Me"). He likes the songs and often dances during the songs. I love it when he turns to me with a grin, almost saying "isn't this neat".
It's simple graphics and a nice mix of muppets, people and graphics. And it's short -- about 30 minutes. But perfect for a little one's attention span...for a while he would watch only 15 minutes at a time.
From my perspective, I don't find the songs grating (nor do I sing them in the middle of the night when I can't sleep). I highly recommend this video for your starter library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, Sesame Street!, May 1 2002
Serhan Tufan (Ankara, Turkey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sesame Street: Kids Favorite Songs (DVD)
We are using this DVD every day to help us feed my 1 year old daughter. She refuses to eat begining from the very first spoon when she is not watching Kids' Favorite Songs (or Kids' Favorite Songs 2), and even hits the spoon with her hands sometimes. But when she is watching, she is literally hypnotized and finishes the whole dish in just a few minutes. She loves Elmo, and smiles to him every time he appears on the screen. Of course, she doesn't understand a single word, but she loves all the songs. This DVD is great for parents of children with eating problems, as well as parents looking for some relief for half an hour.

Sesame Street: Kids Favorite Songs
Sesame Street: Kids Favorite Songs by Todd Broder (DVD - 2001)
CDN$ 16.20 CDN$ 4.88