• Bad

Format: Audio CD|Change

on June 6, 2004
HELLO! This is such a great classic album. my favourite stage of michael is his BAD era. You'll be going crazy. probly my fan mj album.
1)BAD-hes so bad lol. this song..i dont know why..automatically makes u feel tough. LOL u'll be singing "bad bad..really really bad"
2)THE WAY U MAKE ME FEEL- i dont know about u but i'd love for michael to sing this song to me...
3)SPEED DEMON- great song..burn that rubber LOL
4)LIBERIAN GIRL- one of my favourite songs on this album..i agree that its often overlooked and i cant understand why. it is SOOOO SILKY SMOOTH...lol so hot. love it love it love it!!!
5)JUST GOOD FRIENDS- upbeat song, not my fav but its still good. a duet with mike and stevie should never be missed.
6)ANOTHER PART OF ME- yes! all i can say. kill it michael! this song rules
7)MAN IN THE MIRROR- u'll sing with this one..."gonna make that change..sh'mon...its gonna feel real good..yeah-yeah, yeah-yeah" LOL
8)I JUST CAN STOP LOVING YOU- such a sweet song. i enjoy it
9)DIRTY DIANA- i think its physically impossible to NOT like this song...amazing. once again kill it michael. oh and he does
10)SMOOTH CRIMINAL- WOW. ALL I CAN SAY. how can u not like this??? and this is the best video mj ever did as well. the long one from MOONWALKER.
11)LEAVE ME ALONE- LOVE IT!!! i love how at the hook mike has "leave me alone" sung in different notes. first highest, then medim, then lowest..and then REAL highest. LOL
The bonus tracks are of course, great. get this album and its VHS companion also available on this site, MOONWALKER. it showcases a lot of these songs in awesome music videos, feauring of course, michaels best smooth criminal. GET IT AND LOVE IT!!! SUPPORT MJ!!!
on December 29, 2003
As opposed to the Special Edition of 'Thriller' (whose bonus tracks were edited) and that of 'Dangerous', which is something of a rip-off, the special edition of 'Bad' presents three full-length bonus tracks : the Spanish version of "I Just Can't Stop Lovin' You" (released only on the Latin American market at the time -- thank God, the inept French version was shelved!), "Streetwalker" (great song, but which kind of duplicates the atmosphere of "The Way You Make Me Feel" and even fits the video clip better) and "Fly Away", one of MJJ's best ever ballads, which is presented here in its short version (the long version soon served as a basis for sister Rebbie Jackson's version, who unfortunately spoiled it with her mediocre singing).
Quincy Jones' personal insight and anecdotes (sometimes barely audible), are nice additions, though they kind of spoil the album's listening pleasure and ought to have been featured on a separate bonus CD instead.
Now I can't help thinking it wouldn't have cost Epic/Sony and Jackson a great deal more to add more unreleased tracks, or at the very least the extended versions of "Bad", "The Way...", "Smooth Criminal" and "Leave Me Alone". Disney's "We Are Here To Change The World" would also have made a nice addition, considering the fact that "Another Part Of Me" was already on the album, and that Captain EO is no longer featured at any Disney center in the world... But let's not spoil our pleasure, 'Bad' is Michael Jackson's most coherent and timeless opus, and this new edition is worth your money.
on December 28, 2003
You've just made the most successful album the world has ever seen. How exactly do you top that? Well, there really is no way to top "Thriller" but that doesn't make "Bad" a bad album at all. It's very entertaining and while Thriller sold more I believe this to be a far more superior album.
What makes "Bad" stand above "Thriller" is more replay of the tracks. Thriller merely had four songs that I listened to everyday, this album has so many more addicting songs and I'm not just talking about the ones made into music videos (though they do stand out.)
Thriller was grand enough, but this album goes even deeper than Thriller does. The beats aren't as nifty or as creative but the lyrics are memorable and it's clear that MJ put a lot of emotion into this album.
There are some tracks that are actually quite scary at times. "Dirty Diana" is a dark track about a woman who sleeps around with many different celebreties. To follow that is "Smooth Criminal". While "Smooth Criminal" has a grand beat you can dance to it talks about a woman named Annie who was apparently murdered. Nonetheless they're great songs. It just brings out a more ruthless side of Jackson.
To follow "Smooth Criminal" is what I consider to be the best track on this album, "Leave Me Alone." This song shows how MJ wants his privacy and how the media should let him be (imagine that). The beat of the song is fantastic and the lyrics are strong!
In short, "Bad" is a great album to behold. Some of the best of Jackson.
Arlando's Picks
1. Bad
2. The Way You Make Me Feel
3. Man In the Mirror
4. Dirty Diana
5. Smooth Criminal
6. Leave Me Alone
on October 1, 2003
PErhaps i was wrong! Maybe BAd is the Best album Of all time selling a record 30 million records around the world it is the second most selling album in the world cause well its just BAD! and this is why....
BAd - Title Song Great Video! ANd with a rock styled michael clad in leather, I love this song!
The way You Make me feel - A grooving Quasi -rnb/Pop song With a great Video! Michaels range is better then it ever was in thriller.
Speed Demon - Another Great Workout song, Great for car sterios on freeways! michael with his dark styed voice and ecclatic beats brings another number one classic .
Liberian Girl - a grooving RnB title with a soul touch i could really feel this song! its soft and mellow! and michaels voice is so soothing
Just Good Friend - with the classic stevie wonder beat this collberation was better then "Get it"
Another Part of me - The pop song with the rock edge! I personally love this song. michael voice is wonderful!
Man in the mirror - GReat! charity song . you thought we are the world was goo This beats the pants off of it . with the jingle that can make any grown man cry and michaels preaching makes this another number one classic.
I just Can't stop loving you - Simply put. its a song for girls But its a great song for girls!
Dirty Diana - Rock michael Even more HArdcore, Talking about meddlesome groupies! Guitars are wonderful michael grungy voice is pure Funk!
Smooth Criminal - Breaking the boundaries of song and fairtytale possibly the greatest song on this album. i have no idea how he came up with these off the wall lyrics and that nearly unearthly beat! but its wonderful! this defines michael as the most creative person on earth!
and the bonus track Leave me Alone - simply stating leave michael alone, with its unheard of grooves and ecclatic lyrics this is just another hit in michaels library of platinum singles!
In my opinion this is jacksons most complete album . because of the fact that he wrote and produced most of the songs , it shows him as a true AR-tist
Wayyyyy better then thriller! My advice for this C.D is BUY IT. you don't know music if you never heard this album!
on July 21, 2003
When I finally got BAD on August 31,1987 I felt a tinge of disappointment.While every one and their mama went GA-GA over it,I couldn't put my finger on it.I guess it's because it tried too hard to top Thriller.This was the MJ album where he wrote a majority of the songs and although he writes great songs his musical vision was clouded by topping his past success.
The title track tried too hard to sound funky and sounds years later like a bad(no pun intended) Prince throwaway.The Way You Make Me Feel sounds generic and unmemorable compared to his past masterpieces(Don't Stop..,Billie Jean)and Speed Demon sounds cute but corny.The best tracks include the inspirational Man in the Mirror(written by Siedah Garret and future Alanis collaborator Glen Ballard),I Just Can't Stop Loving You(a beautiful duet with Garret)while Smooth Criminal & Dirty Diana recalled Thriller's best moments.
Though it sold millions it still didn't come close to its predesessors success,and it started a decline in MJ's music where the harder he try to top Thriller,the more the quality of his music slips.
on March 22, 2003
Gosh! I remember being a tiny little thing and begging my dad, the music collector, to "Play Michael Jackson, daddy!" I loved this album and when I got older I got the CD. To this day it's one of my prized albums. The music was so raw and vocal driven but still there are some holes, like it wasn't totally up to par with "Thriller" or "Off The Wall", it had a bit slacking off at some points but still it's one album that is one of Michael's best, I mean this album extended Michael's fame even further. My favorite song has to be "Smooth Criminal", it's so raw and demanding. Then some goonies (Alien Ant Farm) tried to make it a rock song, proves you just can' remake a Michael song no matter what your genre. "The Way You Make Me Feel" is great with a doop woop twist while "Dirty Diana" and "Bad" are funky. "Man In The Mirror" is inspirational (and one that they used as a theme for a class that I took on "succeeding in high school"? Okay...) and "Speed Demon" is driven, no pun intended. This album is really one that will be in my collection and one that one day I hope that my kid will be asking to play.
on March 6, 2003
this is michael's best album ever!! On Off the Wall and Thriller, he only wrote a few songs all by himself and those became the biggest hits ever in pop culture, on this album, the fireworks just explode because he wrote 9 of the 11 tracks all by himself!!!!!!! No wonder he had 5 #1's and this album became the second best selling of the 80's(thriller being first). This album also introduced us to the michael we hear today, tough and edgy, with a melodic sense of soul and funky lyrics. Although lots of the material on this does sound like 80's music, it sounds different from anything else that was out there that time and for that reason, it was ahead of its time and still sounds fresh today. We all know about hits like Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel, but songs like Speed Demon, Liberian Girl, Another Part of Me and Dirty Diana are also absolutely brilliant! Also the unreleased track streetwalker is awesome, would have definitely been a hit if it was on the original release. And if you love this album, you or your kids will also love the movie Moonwalker. Buy this today, if you don't, you're wacko! ;)
on February 6, 2003
Michael outdoes himself her. He wrote all of the songs except for two. These songs display his ability not only as a singer, but a songwriter.
Bad: Great song. Very catchy.
The Way You Make Me Feel: One of the three best songs on the album. This song is perfection and will remain timeless.
Speed Demon: A very different kind of song, very good.
Liberian Girl: This song is just very pleasing to the ear.
Just Good Friends: I don't particularly like the song but maybe it has something to do with the fact that it was not written by Michael.
Another Part of Me: Displayed in movies such Rush Hour and Epcot's Captain Eo, it has a very catchy beat accentuated by Michael's excellent vocals.
Man in the Mirror: One of the three best songs on the album. It is a very powerful song with a positive message. Michael's voice and the chorus do an excellent job of making you feel the music.
I Just Can't Stop Loving You: One of the three greatest on ther album. It is a duet with Siedah Garrett who also does an amazing job. Pure Perfection.
Dirty Diana: Critics claimed this was just an attempt to imitate Thriller's rock song Beat it but this song can definitely stand alone as a rock song. Michael truly has a rock edge as evident in his follow up album Dangerous and songs such as Come Together. At any rate, Dirty Diana is a great song.
Smooth Criminal: Another different but very catchy song.
Leave Me Alone: A great song in which Michael discloses a part of himself, the part that wants some privacy.
This CD also features the previously unreleased Streetwalker and Fly Away which are fabulous and the Spanish version of I Just Can't Stop Loving You which sounds great no matter what the language.All the songs are great, but The Way You Make Me Feel, Man in the Mirror, and I Just Can't Stop Loving You are reason enough to own this album.
on January 2, 2003
This is such a great album! This was my first look at MJ (I wasn't even in THOUGHT when Thriller first came out), and I was about two or so when it came out, but I was taken in! His talent was mesmerizing to me! No one can dance like MJ and no one has the voice like MJ. Though in this present day he's seeing some really hard times, I have to respect all that he has done for music (he's the King of videos, king of pop, and believe me NO ONE can dance like he does). I have the original BAD somewhere...I just can't seem to find it right now.
The song that I like the most on this album was either "MAN IN THE MIRROR" or "SMOOTH CRIMINAL" because those songs were just brilliant! Probably my only gripe (but its probably with most of my peer and Alien Ant Farm fans) is that....how the hell could most people NOT know that MJ made "Smooth Criminal" before Alien Ant Farm? I can't believe how many of my friends had dropped their jaw and said "I didn't know MJ did a REMAKE of AAF Smooth Criminal" it was very insulting to me actually.
Man In the Mirror is such an inspirational song! The most inspiring song I've EVER heard before. Screw "Heal the World" sure that song is nice but isn't nearly as inspirational as this was!
I was also impressed with "The Way You Make Me Feel", you can't like the BAD album without giving props to this song. Probably the best one on the album...great lyrics and great up-beat song!
Probably my small gripe with the album is that we don't really see MJ as the type of "on the edge" character that the song "Bad" decribes him to be. Truth, "Bad" was a great song! But it is hard to believe that MJ has that kind of an edge especially after hearing the THRILLER album...
The album overall is great! Though it says "Remastered" truth is it sounds EXACTLY like the original. The only plus I had to buying this were the bonus tracks. They were good tracks too. I'd recommend this to anyone even if your not an MJ fan.
on December 28, 2001
Last Saturday(Before Christmas), I've brought this newly state of the art updated version of "Bad", and I got to tell you that MJ and Bruce Swedien has now done a excellent AAA standard job and remastered this #1 favorite album of mine(since 1987/88) with JUSTICE! This is the same album that got me into music in general and helped me get through elementary school when times were rough for me, and now it's even better with new cardboard boxart, a new book containing new concert photos and other pictures, newly remastered tracks(Speed Demon's more cooler than ever now!) and new interviews by beloved music legend, Quincy Jones! But The REAL highlight of this enhanced version is the bonus tracks "Streetwalker"(The Best!!), The Spanish Version of "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"(BEAUTIFUL!!!) and "Fly Away"(Very Good!), all of which should have been in the original album. This product is now the best example of how a remastered album SHOULD be done and one that Proud MJ fans(including me) should never miss. Great Job, Michael Jackson!