Bad

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Deluxe edition
The album Bad contains so many hits, one could think it's a greatest hits compilation! And the new Bad 25th anniversary Deluxe edition just made it even better! Some of the demos included on disc 2 are so good it's hard to comprehend why Michael didn't include them on the original album in the first place (Al Capone, Price Of Fame, Streetwalker, Fly away...) But the best...
Published 19 months ago by etoile37

3.0 out of 5 stars extra stuff!
The music on this cd is great! I really like the new songs that were added. I've always heard that Mr. Jackson would record many extra songs for his albums. What really disappointed me was the low number of new songs. I also didn't understand why have all of that Quincy Jones interview on the CD. I bought the CD to hear the music, not him talking. Once you have...
Published on Oct. 18 2001

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars dance machine, Dec 25 2012
Pierre R. Pena "InwardAsp" (Toronto, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This 3 cd/1dvd will make you dance. Beautifully packaged. Plus 2 mini photo albums. It documents the making of the cd. A great stocking stuffer.for the christmas season. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for music lovers, Nov. 3 2012
This is the best deluxe I have bought so far. Quite a bit surprise!I was quite young while bad out, so I am glad to have the chance to relive such legendary album.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Original "Bad Boy", April 28 2004
Timothy Pernell (Saratoga, North Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad (Audio CD)
Ok, so this title will make you scratch your head and say, "Fool, what's your problem?! Michael a bad boy? Ha! This is the man who calls himself Peter Pan!" LOL But lemme explain, before 1987, people didn't know how edgy Michael Jackson could be. On his third album as an adult solo artist, Michael broke more barriers again. This time enlisting a mixture of funk, rock, soul, rhythm-and-blues, gospel, jazz, pop, dance, and hip-hop (circa 1987). He also began his now trademark growls through the song. What a lot of people don't know is that Otis Redding also sung in growls so Michael will tell you why he got to sing like that. You may call it screaming and yelling but dog-gone it, if Michael wanted to show his anger, let him. Funny thing is no one was seeing him as a "thug" or a "lady killer" probably until he did some of the videos for "Bad". While the videos were great, the music was great too. The music was powerful stuff, man.
"Bad", the single, had SUCH A HUGE impact on today's hip-hop in terms of sampling that it doesn't make sense. Possibly one of the most celebrated songs in the history of music and of course of Michael's career. If Janet's "No my first name ain't Baby, it's Janet, Ms. Jackson, if you're nasty" was the singular catchphrase in "Nasty", then "Who's Bad?!" was Mike's in "Bad". "The Way You Make Me Feel" is classic pop and R&B basically. "Speed Demon" is basically a militant funk song in the spirit of James Brown, not only that but to this day, you still don't know what the hell Michael was talking about at the time. Maybe it meant he had broken the law (?) Anyway, moving on. Next, we have "Liberian Girl", which is an incredible song that encorporates a bit of Zulu tongue from a female African artist. "Just Good Friends" is just corny though. This is the only song WORTH skipping, even Stevie Wonder there doesn't help matters. If Mike would've put the songs he did with Roger Troutman and Run DMC, then he would've been able to get his point across with "Bad" IMO. "Another Part of Me" speeds things back up and like SD before it is militant funk with an urban edge. The horns in this baby are wild! "Man In The Mirror" is one of the greatest anthemic songs of inspiration of all time...and I'm not just saying that because Mike's my boy and all either. "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" is a POP CLASSIC! Nuff said about it! "Dirty Diana" sees Michael finding his inner Robert Plant as he sings with the pain and intensity of a heavy metal singer. Much pleasantly, this song is pure ROCK & ROLL! "Smooth Criminal" is by far one of the greatest pop, R&B and dance joints of all time! "Leave Me Alone" channels Stevie.
All in all, this album has really made quite an impact nearly 20 years after it came out. Funny how the media overlooks that nowadays but ANYWAY...
Let's see:
5 #1 POP and R&B hits
2 #1 DANCE hits
2 #1 Adult Contemporary hits
Mike's first album to DEBUT at #1
Had a huge tour with this that ran for almost 2 years
Brought out one of the greatest performances in Grammy history
Music was nice...
It's a damn good album. Go cop it if you wanna know why Usher and Justin can only rely on his influence to do what they do. He's a king of something, right? Let the man rest in his throne, okay? Dog-gone it! LOL! YOU'RE DOING WRONG!!! Shhhhhhh! Let me stop. Just go get it...NOW!

1.0 out of 5 stars It's bad, really really bad!, March 21 2014
I'm not talking about the songs as that is subjective, but this pressing of the album is atrocious. The level of rumble, pop, mistracking and hiss are just unacceptable. My worn out copy of BAD vinyl is cleaner than this copy. Buy it if you want to collect the picture-disc but stay away if you're looking for sound quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Never lose value, March 14 2014
This review is from: Bad (Audio CD)
My daughter enjoyed it and wants to hear it eveytime in the car wherever we go. If she could she would listen to it all day long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bad Bad Bad, Jan. 9 2014
Already have a 25th Anniversary but not this Deluxe version. MJ is missed and no one can replace this dude.

5.0 out of 5 stars BAD, YET ANOTHER BRILLIANT GIFT FROM MJ TO US, Sept. 30 2013
THIS ANNIVERSARY ISSUE is a generous compilation of studio recordings, live concert recordings, The Wembley Concert in full on DVD AND UNRELEASED recorded material. Additionally, image inserts. No one did it better than MJ and it's doubtful anyone ever will. Hopefully the "unreleased" recordings will continue to come out for us all to enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch release, Oct. 17 2012
A. Grey (ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
except for the original tracks and 1/2 the bonus CD tracks being stuff that's been out for years, I was thoroughly entertained. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Album to Own!, May 29 2004
This review is from: Bad (Audio CD)
After I bought Michael's impressive "Thriller" album, I purchased Bad. I was shocked because this album was so much different than Thriller. The songs in Bad seemed to have more rock in it. However, I liked this album just as much. My favorites on this cd are:
Bad - This song was a great choice for the introduction. It's probably one of my top 5 favorites.
The Way You Make Me Feel - This song is perfect in every way. It's definitely my favorite one of all. This is one of the songs that will stick in your head all day. Not a bad thing, though.
Just Good Friends - Michael and Stevie were both amazing in this song. It's also in my top 5.
Man In The Mirror - This song is one that I could see being in the Thriller album. Michael sounds great, and the rhythm is great, too. It's the second best of the album in my opinion.
Dirty Diana - Dirty Diana is one that is impossible not to sing along to.
Smooth Criminal - This is a good dancing song. If you haven't seen the music video yet, you should definitely check it out. It's one of my Michael's personal favorites. It's one of mine, also.
The two other songs I really liked on this album are Streetwalker and Fly Away. AND THEY WERE BOTH CUT!!
*GROWL*
I was shocked when I found out that Quincy thought that Another Part Of Me would be a better choice for the album than Streetwalker. I don't know what he was thinking. Another Part Of Me was by far my least favorite song in the album mainly because the lyrics are so short, but the song drags on for four minutes. The chorus is repeated a million times. Streetwalker is 1,000 times better. I love Streetwalker because it's base is amazing. If more work was done on it, and put on the album, I think it would have been a hit. Fly away could have been, too if the song was edited a little. The lyrics were pretty good, and it was again way better than another part of me. I'm very glad I got the special edition version or I wouldn't have had TWO of my favorite songs on the album.
Okay.... now that I got that out of my system... lol
I hope this review helped you in making your decision whether or not to purchase this album.
*Megan*

5.0 out of 5 stars "Bad" By Michael Jackson, Aug. 19 2009
A. Kirikopoulos (Maple, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad (Audio CD)
"Thriller" was definitely the album that rocked the world, but "Bad" is not bad either. It is a more mature sounding Michael Jackson, but the spark is still strong. The "Bad" song is like an updated "Beat It" song.

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa9234c6c)

Bad
Bad by Michael Jackson (Audio CD - 2001)