5.0 out of 5 stars See This Movie
I am a teenage boy who thinks that Jessica Biel is hot. Also see this movie to see Freddie Prinze Jr. and Matthew Lillard shirtless and in thongs. They are so hot. Matthew is packin' something really big...
Published on Aug. 4 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars not all bad
Published on May 14 2004 by J. Townsend

1.0 out of 5 stars An Embarrassment to baseball, July 18 2004
This review is from: Summer Catch (DVD)
I agree with the previous post, this movie is not about baseball and is for freddie fans only, not baseball fans. Go watch a good baseball movie like bull durham, it doesn't even compare

1.0 out of 5 stars SUCKED!, June 9 2004
"nichols1105" (Fairfield, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Summer Catch (DVD)
This shouldn't even be considered a baseball movie! That is like calling M. Night Shamalan's "Signs" a baseball movie because the one guy played baseball. Not worth it at all.

3.0 out of 5 stars not all bad, May 14 2004
J. Townsend "towje" (San Antonio, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Summer Catch (VHS Tape)
Contrary to some of the reviewers, this movie is not all bad and is not for baseball lovers only. I don't care for sports at all, but didn't mind seeing baseball as a backdrop. It was nice to see Jessica in a more 'adult' role and Freddie Prinz, Jr. is not one of my favorite stars on a good day, but you can relate to his inner struggle of known vs. unknown life choices. The scene where his two long-time friends put him in his place is a real tear jerker and worth the time to watch the movie. Glimpses of Mark Blucas (Riley, BVS) and Christian Kane (Lindsey, "Angel") were also treats. I don't know that I personally would pay for a copy, but check it out on tv and decide for yourself. It's worth a peek! A nice stress reliever after a hard day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good no matter what they say!, April 20 2004
This review is from: Summer Catch (DVD)
Despite the other reviews, this was a nice change from all the other movies out there. Just basic and enjoyable! Refreshing after a long day. Simple and sweet. Really enjoyed it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not all that!!!!!!!!, April 4 2004
This review is from: Summer Catch (DVD)
This movie is for baseball lovers only. I only watch it since cutie freddie was in it. The chemistry between jessica nad fred was dull. Hopefully Freddie will choose better roles in the future. THe only film he was good in and had a better connection was with the nerd girl turn preety girl love interest in SHES all THat. Thats the only film that made him a star . THe other films made him starless. Save ya money and wait till it comes on cable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh man, Feb. 10 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Summer Catch (VHS Tape)
If anyone asks me what the worst movie I have ever seen is, I have never failed to mention this one. I didn't expect a classic, but i at least expected to be entertained, or at least to see some good acting. I got neither. The plot was stupid and so regurgitated that it made me shudder. The characters were never properly developed. Freddie sees Jessica Biel and talks to her once, and all of a sudden she's in love with him and encouraging him to persue his dreams and she's willing to disobey her father to see him. Uhm, what? Her lines were just cheesy and retarded. I would never recommend this movie to be seen. I would recommend buying it only so that a mass burning of all available copies can be arranged

1.0 out of 5 stars the awful truth, Oct. 21 2003
This review is from: Summer Catch (DVD)
I am not fond of writing bad reviews but they also must be addressed. This boring, boring, boring film attempts and fails at being anything more than the bottom of the barrel formulated teen comedy that aches in unoriginality (as shown simply by the title) and only reaches arm length for ridiculous obnoxious laughs. The cliche Hollywood teen comedy script (I've seen better story telling on bathroom walls) sinks to a new level of absurdity. I'm sorry but movies like this come straight from the pooper. Consistently awful performances all around, especially that of Mr. Prinze Jr. Well, I feel that if I have nothing nice to say I should say nothing at all, so I should stop here. I just wish Hollywood lived by the same set of standards.

2.0 out of 5 stars Jessica has to leave Warners, they give her bad roles...., Sept. 24 2003
This review is from: Summer Catch (DVD)
If you follow Jessica Biel's attempts at getting better film roles, then you know that she was not hierd for her looks, she really can act. And their are moments in this movie where she seems to struggle with a weak script to make it work, and there are moments where she succeeds, before the weak script and bad casting take over. I think if she left Warners,and a second rate show like 7th Heaven, and got a better film role at a different studio. She could really carry a role and make it interesting. But first, she has to get away from Warner Brothers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't even reach "teen movie" standards, Sept. 21 2003
"jkb32448" (Pittsburgh, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Summer Catch (DVD)
I fell asleep throughout a lot of the movie and when I woke up wanted to bang my head against the wall. [granted, i had been up all night the night before, but it counts]
This has to be one of the most INANE and BORING movies i have ever watched...besides the fact that there is a lot of innuendo that absolutely nothing to do with the 'plot' of the movie, which is hard enough to find anyway, I hate to break it to all the Freddie Fans out there, no matter how cute this guy is, HE CANNOT ACT.
every movie he's been in has been the same type of character and even if it wasn't, he acted the same.
unless you are ready for 108 minutes of unnecessary torture and boredom, i do NOT reccomend this movie.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Much Sexual Content for a PG-13 Comedy!, Aug. 11 2003
This review is from: Summer Catch (DVD)
I watch a lot of movies, and I have seen only one or two PG-13 comedies with as much sexual content as this. I managed to "bite the bullet" and stick it out to the end, but I wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone.
Hey, I'm extremely easy to please when it comes to comedy, but it really disappoints me to see SO much sex in a movie that's supposed to be funny. Bottom line: AVOID THIS MOVIE!
Rent or go see something that's truly funny like "Pure Luck" or "Johnny English" or... I could go on forever-but I'd run out of room.

ARRAY(0xb9a6f738)

Summer Catch
Summer Catch by Michael Tollin (DVD - 2001)
CDN$ 47.65