5.0 out of 5 stars Dark rap
"Bad Dreams" deals with exactly what the title promises: dark rap lyrics about monsters and nightmares, something that is new in the world of semi-naked women and songs about shoes. Swollen Members have delivered something purely original in a genre of music that has been anything but over the past few years. There are some great songs on this album, especially...
Published on Feb. 19 2004 by The archduke

3.0 out of 5 stars You Must Be Dreaming To Give It More Than 3.5
Underground rap label Battle Axe Records has become somewhat like Rawkus Records through time. They started out with a couple of unique acts and dropped some strong compilations. The label built strong connections with other underground cliques and groups. For Battle Axe they were Hieroglyphics, Living Legends, Dilated Peoples, Freestyle Fellowship/Project Blowd, and the...
Published on May 6 2004 by Cuzz

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow, April 11 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Bad Dreams (Audio CD)
This is the 2nd hip-hop/rap album I have ever owned. The other is "Balance", by SM, of course. I have always hated this genre of music, but for some reason "Lady Venom" really appealed to me, and I became a Swollen members fan as a result. Anyways, "Bad Dreams" is awesome. I don't mind that some of it is "dark" because my music of choice is usually metal, which is normally darker in content. This album is incredibly catchy, and I don't have a problem with any of the songs: I can just sit in my room and "bob my head" to the whole album. Great stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Hitter....., Aug. 19 2002
Moira (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad Dreams (Audio CD)
If you havent heard Bad Dreams where you been? Sleepin!
By far one of the better albums out there when your rippin skins this is one album you need to possess. The lyrics are stinging ryming and the beats are the phatest of the Phat...
No more small fries for these guys...Cant wait to see what they come up with next...Who knew Canda was so talented? I did !
Whack em back and enjoy there isnt anything like this available elsewhere....Only in canada eh? PITY......
Bad Dreams in sinfully delicious and sure to keep your rhyming in your sleep...Listen, loving, lifing....Battle Axe rocks...

3.0 out of 5 stars Weak Content, Feb. 20 2004
This review is from: Bad Dreams (Audio CD)
Others have mentioned that Swollen Members have talent and I won't disagree. The tracks are well put together and have solid beats. Overall the CD has a good sound and will get your head bopping. If you are into content at all though, this is not the greatest CD. The most interesting track on the CD is about the two of them coming up and having resentment towards each other. I'm not saying that they are not good, but for someone who follows the lyrics of rappers such as The Roots, Mos Def, and Jurrasic 5, these guys just don't cut it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen Carefully!, Oct. 18 2004
Donella (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad Dreams (Audio CD)
Whoever thinks "Deep End" is about suicide should really listen carefully to the lyrics. Whoever thinks MadChild doesn't listen to bars should consider that maybe MadChild doesn't give a [damn] and considers that his style. I love Bad Dreams as well as every one of my Swollen CD's. Each MC's style is unique: Prevail is brainy. MadChild uses ancient and fantasy based ideas. Bad Dreams is the cd that you pop into the cd player in your car during a long midnight highway drive. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, March 12 2005
This review is from: Bad Dreams (Audio CD)
About 3 1/2 - 4 years ago I discovered Swollen Members. Being the typical 7th grader I was, I wasn't interested in music that much if at all. When I first heard Fuel Injected on the radio I was entranced. Let's just say music has been important to me since that moment.
Out of all SM's CDs, Bad Dreams has been definetly the most impressive they've built a solid fan base because of this recording.
They are also amazing live, mhm.
Pick up the CD, it's well worth it

4.0 out of 5 stars bring this home, July 25 2002
"thacrunka" (noneofyourbiz,USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad Dreams (Audio CD)
wassup ya'll this is bout my 10th review and I'm keeping it real as usual.this CD(swollen members)was hard to track down,as it's mostly underground.I got hooked on the members after seeing some "fuel injected" song on MMUSA.I bought their album and have found it to be an awesome record to bob your head to.check out "full contact","deep end","anthrax island","pokerface,and of course fuel injected,plus most of the other tracks.trust me.buy it.it's a pretty cool listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars this cd is tight son, Jan. 9 2002
This review is from: Bad Dreams (Audio CD)
i was on my computer on msn and one of my friends was like there's a new swollen song on much. i'm like damn so i flip to it and sure enough fuel injection was playing. i had to have it. luckaly my sis bought it for me for xmas. i listend to it right away. though i find more songs than usual aren't up to my standards for swollen but most of the songs were damn good. this album is more rythmical than balance i think so its real good. if i were you i'd buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars User Friendly !!!, Dec 2 2001
This review is from: Bad Dreams (Audio CD)
I was first hooked up with Swollen Members through BlueTorch.tv On that TV show, they show skateboarding skiing, and BMXing while playing hot tracks. So, I do my searching, and sampling on Swollen Members, and I like just one of their songs "Out of Range" But this album,"Bad Dreams" is truly their ground breaking piece of work. On Bad Dreams, def check out track 4, "RPM". Can't wait for more of their stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definatly an improvement to Balance, Dec 1 2001
"effaych" (Kansas City, MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad Dreams (Audio CD)
I love Balance. It is an awesome CD that I listen too all the time. You can totally tell Swollen Members grew with this CD. The music is incredible, the beats and the lyrics are all tight. They did a good job of mixing a lot of different styles, really none of the songs sound alike or like songs on their first CD. All very original sounding. Top picks: Full Contact, Camouflage, Ventilate, Burns and Scars, Fuel Injected.

3.0 out of 5 stars Swollen Peoples, Dec 4 2001
This review is from: Bad Dreams (Audio CD)
Man, this CD would be much tighter if they didn't bite the hell out of Dilated Peoples. Madchild sounds EXACTLY like Evidence. If they just stopped admiring and started MCing, this record could have been ridiculous. All of the production is solid, and the turntable cuts are hot... but Prevail and Madchild just don't bring it enough. If every cut sounded as good as "Ventilate," this album would be crucial.

Bad Dreams
Bad Dreams by Swollen Members (Audio CD - 2006)