5.0 out of 5 stars The very definition of "underrated"
Published on July 18 2004 by Mr. J

3.0 out of 5 stars Hello Mr. Invincible (2.5-3 stars)
Admittingly Michael Jackson is among my favourite entertainers of all time, so I waited patiently for his 2001 release ''Invincible''. Upon hearing ''You Rock My World'', I was instantly disappointed. However Michael Jackson doesn't always necessarily release one of the better tunes off an album as the first single release e.g. ''The Girl Is Mine'' (Thriller), ''I Just...
Published on April 27 2004 by MJ

5.0 out of 5 stars The very definition of "underrated", July 18 2004
Mr. J (Muscatine, IA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
When people say the name Michael Jackson what do think of? The first thing that comes to my mind is the word King. The man had out sold Elvis, The Beatles, and everyone else. Because he is the greatest artist of all time! This album should be up with greats like Bad and Dangerous. Face it people, he wont top Thriller. So why compare eveything else to it? I have listened to Invincible more than Thriller myself. It is the album of my generation. It beats anything else out there now. Forget about these stupid molestation charges and the damn plastic surgery. Listen, with an open mind to the music.
Unbreakable- Strong start, Michael is back with vengeance. The rap by Biggie works well here. It is a pop song with a hip hop edge. 5/5
Hearbreaker- A trendy dance track that works well.The lyrics are great. 4/5
Invincible- See Heartbreaker 4/5
Break Of Dawn- Oh yeah, An excellent R&B ballad as only MJ can do. It's about makin' love 'till the beak of dawn, it's full of passion 5/5
Heaven Can Wait- Beautiful ballad 5/5
You Rock My World- How can anyone resist this one? This song is amazing.5/5
Butterflies- Another smooth R&B song. I can relate to this song. 5/5
Speechless-This is the greatest love song ever recorded! 5/5
2000 Watts- Expiremental(sp?) dance-pop song. Pretty cool. 4/5
You Are My Life- I can never get sick of these wonderful ballads. 5/4
Privacy- Rockin' track about the media invading Mike's privacy, You gotta feel for him here. All celebrities have to put up with a lot of crap from the paparazzi and the press. 5/5
Don't Walk Away- It's nice, I like the guitar in it. not as good as the other ballads. 4/5
Cry- A great peace anthem. R. Kelly is an excellent songwriter. 5/5
The Lost Children- It's a good song, I pictured a video for this with pictures of missing kids and a number on the screen. Something like that. Of course there would be a story going on. 4/5
Whatever Happens- Amazing song, Santana's guitar work is excellent. One of the best on the album. 5/5
Threatened- Watch out Thriller, this one is a killer. Ok that was a little cheesy, but It is a great song. I like the Rod Sterling parts. It's awesome. 5/5
Michael Jackson's most creative and his best albums came after Thriller, In my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a flop? Ya right, June 24 2004
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
Okay how can someone label this album a flop when it sold over 12 million copies without any promotion. Have you seen promotion for this album. We've seen promotion for Janet Jackson's Damita Jo album which sucks.
This album displays more effort than any album from Michael. Maybe there is ONE song that is poor but does that take away from the fact this is great R&B, a genre he hasn't encountered before. He does it great. Does that one song, The Lost Children really have to send him to the worst album of 2001? No.
Give me a break. You don't compare it to other albums. First of all, his best albums are not Thriller and Off The Wall, rather Dangerous, Invincible and History.
Here is a review for the tracklisting:
Unbreakable-I love it! Great beat and great R&B.
Heartbreaker-Hip hop and everything. Though I don't care for Hip Hop or Rap, Michael makes it fine!
Invincible- Great beat, better than Unbreakable and Heartbreaker.
Break of Dawn- Touching and breathtaking. One of his best ballads.
Heaven Can Wait- Second best track on the album. I love the chorus.
Rock My World- Chris tucker gets irritating, but the beat is great. this was a number one!
butterflies- i love the lyrics and chorus. very catchy
speechless- the third best track. i love the chorus. too short though
2000 watts- michael goes deep with a deep bass voice. he should do more like that.
You Are my life- I love the lyrics. dedicated to his kids.
Privacy- he lashes out at the media. just as good as tabloid junkie
Dont walk away- chorus is unbelievalbe, you will cry
Cry- great ballad and very uplifting. not as good as you are not alone, makes you cry lol
Lost children- yuck, horrible, the worst song of his career
Whatever happens- best track on the album
threatened- better than thriller and ghosts
the album deserves 1 million stars, he best album ever! its not a flop, its a success and underrated. so to those people who follow the media bandwagon, that shows how much you know!
(...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not better than old stuff but WAY better than everyone else!, July 3 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
COME ON!! This album was very good. I mean, honestly, society is getting to the point where an older artist is made to feel uncomfortable just because their original fan base is now too old to have the same enthusiasm as younger generations do with their younger music idols. But this CD is an excellent pop/r&b CD, and would have ironically received more respect if it didn't have Michael's name on it. Invincible is a solid album, and the handfull of R&B songs on this record are FOURTEEN BILLION times more creative and pleasing to listen to, particularly when compared with the production of R&B today, which is mostly slow strings, bells, and some guy singing slowly about how he'll never cheat again or about how he can't wait to cheat. No, no, no, that does not constitue music! Michael Jackson thought about and worked very hard on this album and it shows. Never forget, despite everything, this man can still out-sing, out-dance, and out-perform us all. Michael did a great job on Invincible, and it's a shame very few people gave this one a shot just because of who he has become, but oh well, his work still speaks for itself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Horribly Underrated, June 9 2004
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
This album was horribly underrated. It's sold over 10 million copies worldwide and still critics label it a complete failure. How? Well, many people reviewed this album before it even came out. In other words, its Michael Jackson, so they've got to say its washed up. But if you take the time to listen to the album with an unbiased ear you will find it to be a very enjoyable and well done record. Some songs are more filler than others, and in no way is this anywhere close to Jackson's best work, but comparing his work now with the rest of his life-work is a bit unfair. Compare anyone to his collective achievements and of course they'll look unsuccessful. In reality, this album is really a good listen though, with stand out tracks like Heaven Can Wait, You Rock My World, Butterflies, Speechless and Whatever Happens. Other tracks are enjoyable to listen to, but don't share the same depth or quality of these in some aspects. Overall I'd say this isn't his best album, but compare Michael Jackson's worst album with someone else's best and Jackson will usually come out on top anyways. You've got to be that good to have a career like Michael Jackson's, and he definately is. There will never be another Michael Jackson, so enjoy it while you can:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Give him a break!, April 21 2004
Miss C. R Clark (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
I loved Vince.. it was the first album I got of Michaels and it's beautiful.
The things most people say about it are, "It's not a huge success" and it's "a dissapointment". It's like everyone expects him to be 100% amazing, all the time, for his entire life! In my eyes he IS 100% amazing, I love his songs,and he is STILL the King of Pop. Yup, yes he is.
k.. qiuck run through of my opinion of songs on this album.
Unbreakable, Heartbreaker and Inivncible itself are all very similar styles.. but with different meanings.
Break of Dawn - Brings out the more adult side of Michael, and the love he could give to someone.
Heaven Can Wait - to me, this is the weak one of the album.. I find it corny and I really can't listen to it anymore.
You Rock My World - An amazing collaboration with Chris Tucker! It's great! A nice little convo between them at the beginning sets the scene.. and the video for this is lovely.
Butterflies - Michael worked with two english girls (If I remember correctly) on this song, and it's beautiful. His falsetto voice on this song is to die for..
Speechless - He has said he wrote this song while having lots of children over in Neverland, having waterfights etc.. this one is for them. He loves their innocence, and believes it should be treasured.
2000WATTS - Now.. this could have double meaning but I'll say no more.
You Are My Life - Ok.. this one is soppy as hell. Not great.
Privacy - Great song, uses a kinda rough voice to sing.. complete opposite to Butterflies.
Don't Walk Away - Not bad.
Cry - I hate this song.
The Lost Children - Very Michael-ish. If that's a word. It is now. Quite pretty.
Whatever Happens - I love this song.. tis beautiful.
Threatened - Is a bit like thriller... but better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Way underrated., June 29 2003
IGO A. (Connecticut, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
I see alot of reviews saying "nothing ground breaking", "didnt meet expectations" well i dont know about that because i wasnt expecting this album, i just heard the song "WHATEVER HAPPENS" on my roommate's cd player and knew i had to get it. Seems like i wasnt alone because i used the song "HEAVEN CAN WAIT" for my "favorite song demonstration" in my literature class, and the whole class couldnt believe it, one guy said he didnt know MJ still sang good songs. Half the class talked about picking up a copy, and if you havn't you're missing out. Based on my experience this is the best of all MJ's albums, and i cant believe this album didnt get more hype and attention.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!, Feb. 9 2010
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
Invincible is very amazing. I think his top three albums are Dangerous, HIStory, and Invincible. I just wish that he had made a couple more albums after 2001. Anyway, I've heard that a lot of reviews say that it is too long (77 minutes) and just drags on. To me, the more MJ songs on an album the better- I just can't get enough of him! He's brilliant!
So here's all the songs on Invincible and what i thought of each one:
1. Unbreakable: Lots of fun! Great way to start. 9/10
2. Heartbreaker: Just like the first one, this song is very danceable and energetic. 9/10
3. At first I didn't really like this song, but I'm warming up to it. It's much like the first two; fast and electric. 8/10
4. Break of Dawn: A very nice song about making love to the break of dawn. It's always interesting to hear something sexual! 8/10
5. Heaven Can Wait: Fantastic! I always sing along to this remarkable song! 9/10
6. You Rock My World: If I had to choose the two songs that would have music videos from the Invincible album, You Rock My World probably wouldn't be one of them. Maybe Heaven Can Wait, 2000 Watts, or even Threatened- just not this song. Yes, it does have a catchy beat, but it isn't the greatest. 7/10
7. Butterflies: Interesting. It's soulful and groovy, but I usually skip to the next song. 7/10
8. Speechless: One of MJ's best ballads ever! It's so romantic and heartwarming! 10/10
9. 2000 Watts: This is one of my favorite songs here! It's futuristic and funky, and is so much fun to dance to! MJ's voice sounds amazing in it! 10/10
10. You Are My Life: A pretty good song, but not the best. 7/10
11. Privacy: I love his hate towards the media songs! Brilliant! This is up there with Tabloid Junkie! 10/10
12. Don't Walk Away: Just like You Are My Life, it's pretty good but I've never been that much into it. 7/10
13. Cry: I'm just terrible when it comes to these save-the-world songs! I also think Earth Song is an astounding song, and same with a few of the songs off of Janet's Rhythm Nation album! But this song has a great message, fantastic lyrics, and a great music video! 10/10
14. The Lost Children: Why do so many reviews hate this song? I loved it the first moment I heard it! Just like Cry, it is an incredible ballad with great lyrics and a wonderful message! People, just give it a chance! 10/10
15. Whatever Happens: I really like the guitar to this song, and the lyrics are nice. 8/10
16. Threatened: This song is phenomenal! It goes along with Thriller, Ghosts, and Is It Scary! But in those songs, he is talking about these monsters and whatever, but in Threatened, he is describing himself as the monster! Awesome lyrics, and I love the parts with Rod Serling! 10/10

To conclude, this album is much, much better than Off The Wall or Thriller could ever dream of being! This album rocks! BUY IT, BUY IT, BUY IT!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars SO underrated!, July 6 2009
mj4ever (Ottawa, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
In the light of Michael's oh so untimely death and growing tired of listening CNN reporters claim his last album was some 12 years back (please do your research people when you talk about the greatest entertainer of all time especially!) I decided to let people know about this great, and unfortunately, Michael's last full album. It is so underrated it makes me wanna cry!!!
I havent listened to it fully in a while so I wont be able to review song by song but you can take the other reviewers seriously as I agree with them on every song.

All the ballads are SO beautiful and Michael's voice truly soars! I can actually say with confidence, I think his ballads on this album are better than a lot of ballads he did back with the Jacksons in late 70's when his voice wasnt full developed yet to sing with so much passion, confidence...
"Break of Dawn", "Butterflies" and "You are my life" are the best ballads!! They give me shivers!!! The beat, the melody, the words, even background vocals are so beautiful...This is Michael at his best when it comes to pouring out his heart!!

I have to say one of the top tracks on the album for me is "Speechless"...which quite literally makes me speechless listening to it. His voice and the passion you hear through it makes one want to stop in their track and go "who IS that? WHAT is that?" This is one of those songs that must makes you drop whatever it is you were doing and LISTEN...This is the type of song that lets you see the Michael inside, the REAL Michael, filled with so much joy, love, beauty and hope....
"Whatever happens" with Santana in my honest opinion is one of Michael's best tracks ever , in his career. The collaboration here is amazing! Michael's voice combined with the beautiful guitar and that spanish taste to the song...wow! Something you'd never expect from Michael, but you always expect him to perfect everything he does - and this one he did for sure!

Please dont be afraid to buy this album just because commercially it wasnt as successful as others. And pleae stop comparing everything to Thriller, it is impossible to top oneself with an album like that. I believe people would have enjoyed his later work a lot more if they stopped comparing everything to Thriller. It is and wasnt fair to Michael either..
At 43, Michael's voice sounds better than ever on this album and some of his best songs I find are on this very album!

Michael at his best... gone way too soon..RIP.

5.0 out of 5 stars Underrated, July 13 2004
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
This is truly the best Michael Jackson album. I read some of the one star reviews to see what people think badly about the King. (...)
It wouldn't matter about these haters because with Invincible, it helped seal his status as the BIGGEST SELLING RECORDING ARTIST IN HISTORY.:
130 MILLION ALBUMS SOLD IN THE 80'S
100 MILLION ALBUMS SOLD IN THE 70'S
124 MILLION ALBUMS SOLD IN THE 90'S
50 MILLION ALBUMS SOLD WITHIN THE LAST FOUR YEARS!
Hmmmm...404 million albums sold, twice as much as Elvis and the Beatles combined.
Hmmm....anything else to say bad about him.
The best tracks on this album are:
Unbreakable
You Are My Life
Don't Walk Away
Butterflies
You Rock My World
Wait! Those are all the songs! Man, this album rocks!
Oh ya and Michael Jackson's demographic is the older teenagers and adults...which is great! You want to know why...he's not a teenybopper like the wannabe Justin Timberlake and Usher.

5.0 out of 5 stars 8-10 million copies, can't go wrong, June 30 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
This "flop" album sold about 8 to 10 million copies, despite there being only promotion of one single, You Rock My World, and on a smaller scale, Butterflies and Cry. Even so, Invincible ended up being one of the top sellers of the year, even outdoing sister janet with All For You in sales. Now just think, if singles like Unbreakable, Break of Dawn, Whatever Happens were released and promoted with videos, the album may have likely sold twice the amount it has and mj would have an even bigger hit on his hands. In other words, don't listen to the critics who like to label this CD a flop, when in fact, it is the biggest selling jackson album of this decade so far, and the least promoted too, that alone speaks volumes that MJ is still making great music and will continue to do so once he's a free man. I recommend this CD to everyone, not just becuase it's MJ, but because there is a style for everyone to enjoy on this CD. Soft ballads for adult contemporary audiences, hip hop/dance tracks for youths, r&b love ballads for couples and romantic people, lullaby flavoured ballads for young kids, there's a style for everyone, and that makes sense since mj's audience has a wide appeal of all ages, races, sexes, you name it. And please stop comparing everything he does to Thriller and give his newer music a chance.

Invincible (Audio Cassette)
Invincible (Audio Cassette) by Michael Jackson (Audio Cassette - 2001)
Click for more info