5.0 out of 5 stars The very definition of "underrated"
Published on July 18 2004 by Mr. J

3.0 out of 5 stars Hello Mr. Invincible (2.5-3 stars)
Admittingly Michael Jackson is among my favourite entertainers of all time, so I waited patiently for his 2001 release ''Invincible''. Upon hearing ''You Rock My World'', I was instantly disappointed. However Michael Jackson doesn't always necessarily release one of the better tunes off an album as the first single release e.g. ''The Girl Is Mine'' (Thriller), ''I Just...
Published on April 27 2004 by MJ

5.0 out of 5 stars The very definition of "underrated", July 18 2004
Mr. J (Muscatine, IA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
When people say the name Michael Jackson what do think of? The first thing that comes to my mind is the word King. The man had out sold Elvis, The Beatles, and everyone else. Because he is the greatest artist of all time! This album should be up with greats like Bad and Dangerous. Face it people, he wont top Thriller. So why compare eveything else to it? I have listened to Invincible more than Thriller myself. It is the album of my generation. It beats anything else out there now. Forget about these stupid molestation charges and the damn plastic surgery. Listen, with an open mind to the music.
Unbreakable- Strong start, Michael is back with vengeance. The rap by Biggie works well here. It is a pop song with a hip hop edge. 5/5
Hearbreaker- A trendy dance track that works well.The lyrics are great. 4/5
Invincible- See Heartbreaker 4/5
Break Of Dawn- Oh yeah, An excellent R&B ballad as only MJ can do. It's about makin' love 'till the beak of dawn, it's full of passion 5/5
Heaven Can Wait- Beautiful ballad 5/5
You Rock My World- How can anyone resist this one? This song is amazing.5/5
Butterflies- Another smooth R&B song. I can relate to this song. 5/5
Speechless-This is the greatest love song ever recorded! 5/5
2000 Watts- Expiremental(sp?) dance-pop song. Pretty cool. 4/5
You Are My Life- I can never get sick of these wonderful ballads. 5/4
Privacy- Rockin' track about the media invading Mike's privacy, You gotta feel for him here. All celebrities have to put up with a lot of crap from the paparazzi and the press. 5/5
Don't Walk Away- It's nice, I like the guitar in it. not as good as the other ballads. 4/5
Cry- A great peace anthem. R. Kelly is an excellent songwriter. 5/5
The Lost Children- It's a good song, I pictured a video for this with pictures of missing kids and a number on the screen. Something like that. Of course there would be a story going on. 4/5
Whatever Happens- Amazing song, Santana's guitar work is excellent. One of the best on the album. 5/5
Threatened- Watch out Thriller, this one is a killer. Ok that was a little cheesy, but It is a great song. I like the Rod Sterling parts. It's awesome. 5/5
Michael Jackson's most creative and his best albums came after Thriller, In my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars invincible, May 11 2003
Mocha Phoenix (Brooklyn, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
dear michael jackson your cd is geat l think your cds are good l love your music videos l love albums michael jackson l am fan of videos l wacth your videos l your short film music videos l your video you rock my world

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a flop? Ya right, June 24 2004
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
Okay how can someone label this album a flop when it sold over 12 million copies without any promotion. Have you seen promotion for this album. We've seen promotion for Janet Jackson's Damita Jo album which sucks.
This album displays more effort than any album from Michael. Maybe there is ONE song that is poor but does that take away from the fact this is great R&B, a genre he hasn't encountered before. He does it great. Does that one song, The Lost Children really have to send him to the worst album of 2001? No.
Give me a break. You don't compare it to other albums. First of all, his best albums are not Thriller and Off The Wall, rather Dangerous, Invincible and History.
Here is a review for the tracklisting:
Unbreakable-I love it! Great beat and great R&B.
Heartbreaker-Hip hop and everything. Though I don't care for Hip Hop or Rap, Michael makes it fine!
Invincible- Great beat, better than Unbreakable and Heartbreaker.
Break of Dawn- Touching and breathtaking. One of his best ballads.
Heaven Can Wait- Second best track on the album. I love the chorus.
Rock My World- Chris tucker gets irritating, but the beat is great. this was a number one!
butterflies- i love the lyrics and chorus. very catchy
speechless- the third best track. i love the chorus. too short though
2000 watts- michael goes deep with a deep bass voice. he should do more like that.
You Are my life- I love the lyrics. dedicated to his kids.
Privacy- he lashes out at the media. just as good as tabloid junkie
Dont walk away- chorus is unbelievalbe, you will cry
Cry- great ballad and very uplifting. not as good as you are not alone, makes you cry lol
Lost children- yuck, horrible, the worst song of his career
Whatever happens- best track on the album
threatened- better than thriller and ghosts
the album deserves 1 million stars, he best album ever! its not a flop, its a success and underrated. so to those people who follow the media bandwagon, that shows how much you know!
(...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music cd., May 31 2014
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
This is probably one of the best cd from Michael Jackson and I like all the songs. If you are a fan of Michael Jackson I would recommend buying this one as you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, May 29 2014
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
There are beautiful songs on this c.d.
If you have never been involved in his later music you will
love the music

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Invincible, May 1 2014
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
Once again a piece of music that shows MJ being so far ahead of his time in his creativity. Unfortunately it was also a time when there were far too many people taking advantage of him and his paranoia was getting the best of him as well as his depressions. The only thing that was keeping him going was the love of his 3 children. If Tommy Mottola had of not still be in the picture at Sony Invincible would have been promoted and had the short films made to promote the album properly and it would have been another great success for MJ.

5.0 out of 5 stars Way underrated., June 29 2003
IGO A. (Connecticut, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
I see alot of reviews saying "nothing ground breaking", "didnt meet expectations" well i dont know about that because i wasnt expecting this album, i just heard the song "WHATEVER HAPPENS" on my roommate's cd player and knew i had to get it. Seems like i wasnt alone because i used the song "HEAVEN CAN WAIT" for my "favorite song demonstration" in my literature class, and the whole class couldnt believe it, one guy said he didnt know MJ still sang good songs. Half the class talked about picking up a copy, and if you havn't you're missing out. Based on my experience this is the best of all MJ's albums, and i cant believe this album didnt get more hype and attention.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Underrated Album, June 24 2003
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
I've been a fan of Michael Jackson's music for years. However, my first impression of this album wasn't too good. But...over the last year since I decided to buy it, it's grown on me...even with NO PROMOTION! A very underrated album is what we have here.
UNBREAKABLE: This is a good track overall. The beat and staccatto lyrics are all catchy, as well as Mike's message. I like the little "ha." he does halfway through. The rap piece fits in nicely. My only minus on this track is it's duration, (as with a lot of MJ tracks). 6:30 minutes. But, Mike isn't necessarily known for 3-4 minute radio friendly music. Good song still.
HEARTBREAKER: Another uptempo, staccato/R&B type track like "Unbreakable". Faster though.The stronger of the 2 tracks in my opinion. Good breaks, rhythm. The brief rap solo of this song I don't think was as needed, even though it's not bad either.
INVINCIBLE: The 3rd track sounds similar to "Unbreakable" musically once again. Same tempo and style. Also the shortest of the 3 previous...he he he. I like this song as much as the previous two, and actually can't decide which is the best of the 1st 3 tracks. Another rap solo, again not needed in my opinion. My only problem is the similarity of the 1st 3 songs, one after another. Maybe this one could have been the last track on the album??
BREAK OF DAWN: Tempo change to a soulful love ballad. A strong ballad, one of many ballads on the album. This one stands out more than some of the other ballads though. Even has little birdie sounds in the background.
HEAVEN CAN WAIT: I like the intro music the most. This is love ballad. Mike's voice is very nice on this one. Nice theme for a love song, though maybe not as original as others. This might have been a R&B hit if released as a single.
YOU ROCK MY WORLD: This track stands out alone on the album. I was a bit disappointed that Mike didn't choose to put a couple more tracks of this style on the album, in place of a ballad or two. It sounds to me like something he wrote for "Off The Wall" and decided never to release until this album. Amazing track, what more can be said?
BUTTERFLIES: One more stand out ballad. His voice here again is very nice sounding, even extending into a falsetto ala "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough". A good mid-tempo R&B ballad that doesn't drag on forever.
SPEECHLESS: Partial acapella type love ballad. This is a very beautiful song. It could have been a hit single I believe. The music and background vocals are all great. My personal favorite ballad on the album. A fine way to end the "first half" of the album.
2000 WATTS: A very dark sounding track. Not much in the way of lyrics, but it doesn't matter here. Mike's voice is so deep! Why hasn't he ever sounded like this before? You've never heard an MJ track like this one. Great track for the clubs and dancing. I like it! Imagine if this was released as a single...what would people think??
YOU ARE MY LIFE: Another ballad, perhaps the weakest on the album. Apparently this was written about his children. That alone makes it a nice song. But overall, a throwaway on the album.
PRIVACY: Mike's venting at the media once again. I don't blame him. I personally liked "Tabloid Junkie" over this. One thing I like about this one though that "T.J." didn't have, was a not-to-subtle verse about Lady Di, who hadn't been killed yet when "Tabloid Junkie" came out in 1995. A guitar solo by Slash once again. Alright, but kinda out of place.
DON"T WALK AWAY: Track 12, and the sixth ballad. Overall, it's a very nice sounding song. One of my preferred ballads on the whole album. A sudden ending too, kinda unexpected.
CRY: This song isn't too special. It does have a strong message about life and changing the world. Why though was this released as a single??? This was already done much better with "Heal The World" and "Man In The Mirror".
THE LOST CHILDREN: A very peaceful, thoughtful song. Clips of his children playing are a nice touch. Good song, and the guitar or whatever sounds very nice.
WHATEVER HAPPENS: Very cool track. The guitar music of Carlos Santana makes this a great track. I think it could have been a hit single.
THREATENED: Interesting track to end the album with. Great clips of Rod Serling, "Twilight Zone" intro/outro. Catchy music and a beat. It has a "Thriller" feel to it.
Amazingly, I've only found maybe a few weak tracks on this album. And that's after not liking it at first listen. It's not MJ's most coherent or cohesive album, nor my favorite. But there are certainly some quality songs on this album worth checking out. 4.5 stars, for the weaker tracks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow - this is actually pretty good..., June 8 2003
R. Yarborough (Virginia Beach) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
I got this album real cheap...and boy, was I impressed. Yes some songs are overproduced, but songs like 'Break of Dawn' and 'Butterflies' show Michael is still at his best.
If you can get this CD at a great price at this point, do it - you will be surprised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael's most underrated album, May 15 2003
Amir Haidar (Beirut, Lebanon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
I bought this album the day it came out, and the first time I heard it, I was a little disappointed, but then I realsied that like all Michael's works, this album must take some time, and after almost 2 years, I can clearly say this: I view this album as one of Michael's best works, beacause I do not compare it to earlier works of his, not because this is worse, but because this is different.
Unbreakable is an amazing opening up-tempo song that says Michael is back to stay! Heartbreaker is a poppy song, kind of new, but somewhat familiar, but a great song. Invincible,: really good, but can be a bit better. Brak of Dawn, a nice softie which makes you feel great. Heaven Can Wait is a great feel good love song. You Rock my World is a clear repetition of Remember the Time, and if that song was such a great hit, then I fail to see why this one shouldn't. Butterflies is perhaps my favorite song on the album, a wonderfully vocal melody, and can Michael sing!! Speechless is another favorite, an amazing love song written by Michael himself. 2000 Watts is extremely new, but once you get used to it, it is quite good though the lyrics can be better. You are my life, a new You are not alone, and again that song was an amazing hit, so why shouldn't this one be? Privacy, another anti-tabloid song, we've gotten used to this, but has a really catchy tune. Don't walk away is a great ballad which I love. Cry is the new heal the world, and though not as powerfull, is a wondefull work of art. The lost children is one of my favorites written by Michael which no artist has ever sung about., amazing. Whatever happens is a new spectacular song, with an amazing tune. Threatened, a great closing song, could have been more powerfull
All in all, this is an amazing album, which is extremely underrated, and which every Michael Jackson fan should have

Invincible (Audio Cassette)
Invincible (Audio Cassette) by Michael Jackson (Audio Cassette - 2001)
Click for more info