biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools

Format: DVDChange

on December 13, 1999
I LOVE OLD MOVIES.I THINK LON CHANEY WAS ONE OF THE BEST ACTORS.[LON CHANEY SR 1883-1930]I HAVE ONLY SEEN THE VHS COPY SO FAR BUT I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THE DVD COPY. [TWO THUMBS UP]
on December 13, 1999
on June 18, 2004
I am greatly disappointed with the 1929 version of the film. I thought it was going to be better than the silent one because it had sound, but I was wrong. The 1925 version is better than the restored one. Even though the restored version has sound, it takes the orginal and rearranges everything. They took the beginning of the 1925 and put it after Christine sings in the 1929 version. The person who plays Carlotta in the 1925 version is now Carlotta's mother and the Carlotta is different. The four stars is given to the silent 1925, the restored one is given 1 star.
on February 10, 2003
I would love to collect a complete musical format of Phanton of the opera. Is this a musical DVD or the opera?
on January 29, 1999
OH! Did'nt you see? What a pitty! If you have ever falling love, you can understand the Phantom's heart.
on March 19, 2004
After the closing sequence of this phenomenal movie ended and the word "Finis" flashed on the screen i applauded for five whole minutes to the television at home.
There is so much to praise in this:
- The settings are marvellous. The gargoyle in the scene on the roof of the opera house, the grandiose opera itself, the parisian streets, and the dungeons!
- Lighting was marvellous: shadows on the walls in the first scene, shadows in the scene with the horse, shadows in the dungeon scenes.
- The characters are marvellous: Christine, Raoul, The Phantom, and a delightfully mysterious character who lurks about. Chaney is fantastic - remember acting had to be bigger in the silents, and emotions had to be conveyed with the body, and this can sometimes look a little stagey - but Chaney is fantastic in my two favourite scenes, the roof of the opera, and the whole closing sequence.
Look out for the unmasking scene, the Bal Masque (especially the scene on the roof) all scenes in the dungeons, for example when two characters set out to look for the Phantom.
I'm not going to spoil it for you - just see it, you'll know what i mean.
on December 8, 2001
I highly recommend this film. Lon Chaney is great as the Phantom of the Opera.
on January 16, 2016
great vdv
on July 2, 2004
This is a beautiful (an absolutely beautiful) movie, one of the best I've ever seen. Lon Chaney, Sr. does a wonderfully dramatic performance as the tortured Phantom, who kidnapps an opera singer because he loves her. Unfortunately, she doesn't return the love, which drives him to madness.
The only thing that I disliked in the film was that Christine acts a little weird most of the time.
The dialogue is superb, and the Masked Ball scene is only one of the most memorable scenes in this movie
on September 10, 2015