5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic love mouvie
It's one of the best love mouvie than i seen.
Un des meilleurs film d'amour que j'ai vu.
Version française inclue.
Published on Sept. 10 2010 by melkitsedeq

3.0 out of 5 stars KATE HEPBURN MAKES THIS WATCHABLE
Published on March 13 2004 by Shashank Tripathi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic love mouvie, Sept. 10 2010
This review is from: Love Affair (Widescreen) (DVD)
It's one of the best love mouvie than i seen.
Un des meilleurs film d'amour que j'ai vu.
Version française inclue.

3.0 out of 5 stars KATE HEPBURN MAKES THIS WATCHABLE, March 13 2004
Shashank Tripathi (Gadabout) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love Affair (Widescreen) (DVD)
I have not seen the Cary Grant version so I had little to compare this predictable chickflick with. In fact the first 40 minutes or so can pretty much be skipped. I'd say the film even starts when Katherine Hepburn appears on the scene. She lends the movie its spine, the very reason our two protagonists come together, and the movie is a very decent romantic story from then on, with an occasional tinge of humor. Benning in particular is stunning with her understated rendition of a woman in emotional doldrums. A worthy rental overall, but not exactly a spectacular movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Romance Movies, March 7 2004
Luie Larios "Luie" (dubai, u.a.e.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love Affair (Widescreen) (DVD)
I have seen An Affair to Remember long before I watched Love Affair. Altho "An Affair..." became one of my favorite classics (along w/ Gone with the Wind and Casablanca), I personally prefer Love Affair because i was more moved by it. the actors are brilliant, especially Ms. Bening, whose eyes captivate the audience. she just GLOWS in it and Mr Beatty is effortless in playing himself. they give the film a sense of reality. the movies basks the audiences in feeling of excitement, despair and hope of falling in love. it's a classic. so yeah, don't forget the box of tissue. i can't get enough of this film!

3.0 out of 5 stars A pale shadow of An Affair to Remember, Jan. 17 2004
Hung T. N. Tony (Hong Kong) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love Affair (Widescreen) (DVD)
I'm afraid this movie is at best a pale shadow of its predecessor (An Affair to Remember). Annette Benning and Warren Beatty are woefully short on precisely those qualities which made Deborah Kerr and Cary Grant (in the original) so unforgettable -- wit, charm, chemistry, and STYLE. The presence of Kathleen Hepburn was no help -- the scene between her and Benning seems so stiff and uncomfortable beside the genuinely warm and charming meeting between Kerr and Cathleen Nesbitt (a truly gracious and affectionate lady, playing Grant's grandma). The only thing in this remake which challenges the original is Ennio Morricone's (as always) beautiful and moving score. It has the one thing the film as a whole lacks -- conviction.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic, July 7 2003
Nur Suraya (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love Affair (Widescreen) (DVD)
It's a beautiful classic made during our time. If you love romance, this is a beatiful remake of a classic. Love the children's and Annette's rendition of the Beatles "I Will". Dissapointed that the song is not on the original soundtrack. I bought the VHS version in 96 and lent it to my friends. They all loved it. They kept wanting to borrow and replay it - for the song; as well as for the beautiful everything that best describes the the movie. The VHS is now kaput and I definitely have this in my list of the next one to add to my collection of DVDs. Hope you will enjoy it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars From a guy's point of view..., June 29 2003
M. Day (Indianapolis) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love Affair (Widescreen) (DVD)
Okay, I'm not into chick flicks, but I like romantic movies. This movie is amazing because it avoids the pitfalls that alot of romantic movies fall into by not mixing an essential amount of testosterone necessary to keep a guy feeling like he's part of the scenario. (I absolutely abhored Best Friend's Wedding.) Movies that are of the same genre as this: An Affair to Remember? A classic, but by the time I was old enough to appreciate romance movies, I was intolerant of Cary Grant's accent. Sleepless in Seattle had it's moments. BUT, Love Affair nails it! It's funny, clever, romantic... Annette Benning commands the screen. Warren Beatty--I mean, does this movie strike an exact chord, or what? The chemistry is perfect because, aside from the tragedy it entails, it IS a true story! WB is depicted as a famous womanizing stud (which anybody who's been around for a few years is well aware that he actually was). One day traveling on a plane he meets the woman that's his soulmate. The way she 'operates' him is poetry in motion. Bottom line: The cast, the soundtrack, the storyline, the locations, Ray Charles in concert doing a Christmas song, the cruise ship, the walk on an island in Tahiti, the humor, etc. I could go on & on about how much I love this movie. I recorded this on cable several years ago and can't tell you how many times I've watched it. (Now it's on DVD...Y-E-A-H!!!) Ladies, are you having a hard time of getting your man to watch a romantic movie? Well this is your ticket! Take it from a guy, this movie absolutely rules! Just make sure you get some tissues for him too!

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful story, beautiful music and beautiful memory, April 10 2003
This review is from: Love Affair (Widescreen) (DVD)
This movie let me know what is real love.
I've never believe that falling in love at first glance.
But this movie changed my thought.
It would remind your dim love. Even if you haven't love before, you would feel that you're falling in love with someone at least, during your watching.
This movie can be happy or sad.
Why don't you see this one and feel right now?

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking for name of Theme Song, Nov. 14 2002
This review is from: Love Affair (Widescreen) (DVD)
Desparately trying to find the actual name of the THEME song for this movie. It is played on several tracks of the CD. Help!!

5.0 out of 5 stars love affair, Nov. 10 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Love Affair (Widescreen) (DVD)
you'll never get tired of it. once watched it 8 times in one day!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best romantic movies, Sept. 21 2002
C. Calderon (Wichita, KS United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love Affair (Widescreen) (DVD)
This new version of "Love Affair" is very good, the acting, story, drama and a modern touch are well done.
From time to time, some movies need a new version for new generations, the soundtrack is awesome performed and match perfectly with the scenes.
If you follow the credits in the DVD version, there is a song that not appear in the VHS version.
The song is a new adaptation of the love affair soundtrack by Ennio Morricone, only the music, the lyrics are well done too.
This is a DVD collection for romantic movies.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0x9fca493c)

Love Affair (Widescreen)
Love Affair (Widescreen) by Glenn Gordon Caron (DVD - 2002)
CDN$ 39.81