5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie for a gift !
My aunt sent this to my son when he was 2.
We live in France where baseball isn't played but
he LOVED the movie. He's almost 6 and he's seen it at
least 50 times. Now his 3 year old sister loves it.
It's just a great story.
I like it because is shows him my American culture.
Published on May 19 2004 by Lisa

3.0 out of 5 stars YOU PLAY BASEBALL LIKE A GIRL!...
One of the best movies ever made. Just a blast to watch and enjoy. My friends and I have soooo many memories that this movies reminds us of. I believe anybody who watches this movie can connect with it on some level. You just have to love the American Past Time.
Published on Feb. 6 2002 by Clayton Terao

4.0 out of 5 stars The Sandlot (1993), May 31 2004
Director: David Mickey Evans
Cast: Karen Allen, Dennis Leary, James Earl Jones, Arliss Howard, Tom Guirney
Running Time: 100 minutes.
Rated PG for some slapstick humor and some language.
"The Sandlot" is a great youth film that will keep the parents entertained as well, making it one of the few family sports films that not either too cheesy for adults to enjoy or too suggestive to be appropriate for children. Set in the 1950's or so in a normal suburban town, Tom Guirney plays a short, shy kid who has just moved to the new neighborhood. He has always struggled with making friends, but eventually he gets involved with a group who love to play the good ol' American pasttime.
The group (which consists of many hilarious and memorable youngsters) go through many trials and tribulations together--chewing their first slab of tobacco while riding on a devastating roller-coaster, giving mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to one of the hottest girls in the history of the world, retreiving a special Babe Ruth autographed baseball that has been snatched up by the child-eating neighborhood pooch, and trying to beat the stuck-up traveling baseball team. When it is all said and done, "The Sandlot" is an above average tale of the joys of childhood and using the great game of baseball as its playing field. There are some hilarious scenes throughout, fine acting by the young cast, and a well-scripted screenplay that will make those of all ages laugh. A true gem of a family tale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie for a gift !, May 19 2004
Lisa (La Motte, France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sandlot (DVD)
My aunt sent this to my son when he was 2.
We live in France where baseball isn't played but
he LOVED the movie. He's almost 6 and he's seen it at
least 50 times. Now his 3 year old sister loves it.
It's just a great story.
I like it because is shows him my American culture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh boy!!!! This movie was TOOOOOOOOOOO Good!;), April 27 2004
This review is from: Sandlot, the (VHS Tape)
Hey!
I saw this movie and oh my, I had to keep watching it over and over, and over and guess what? OVER! Its soooooooooooo fuuny and its just to cute to keep to myself so that why I had to write this! Its a family movei ALL the way!!! Can't beat it! Thanks for reading so now go get it!=)

5.0 out of 5 stars great movie, April 6 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Sandlot (DVD)
one of the best movies made i have to say. I think this movie is one of the great kid/ adult movies made. It is a cross between sports and adventure movie, and its a movie for all ages!!! If you haven't seen this movie, you're really missing out

5.0 out of 5 stars go ahead buy this!!!, March 5 2004
Glenn David Torres "GDT" (Des Plaines, Illinois) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sandlot (DVD)
Enough of the reviews!!! Just go buy this dvd. It's worth every penny you spend. You'll be so sorry you weren't able to buy when it's available.
I first saw this movie on a free tv channel. I was dumbstruck right away. How can a movie this good been passed up by moviegoers? It's a terrible mistake! I first have this movie on laserdisc. Yes, those big movie disc that needs to be turned over to finish it. So big and bulky and now so phased out.
When I learned that it was available in dvd format, I grabbed one right away and now my son is enjoying it no end. The dialogue alone between Hamilton and Phillips in the baseball field is good enough to waste your $14. After that scene, everything is a bonus!
A lot of things can be said about this small and underrated movie. But until you watched it, you haven't enjoyed the undeniably feel good movie about kids, friendships, sports, and life itself.
Go ahead, it's ok to do so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, a classic!, May 21 2006
This review is from: The Sandlot (DVD)
This is a great movie and it is a good movie over all, in almost every criteria of movie making. You like the characters and they are very realistic; finally, a baseball movie with kids that does not rip of Bad News Bears.
I love how this film is rated! You can go on imdb.com to see for yourself. It says: RATED PG FOR SOME LANGUAGE AND KIDS CHEWING TOBACCO, not kidding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not wait to get this, Feb. 8 2014
This review is from: The Sandlot (DVD)
Saw this years ago and knew I had to share it with my husband and he enjoyed it as much as I did as it is such a well made movie and always nice to see kids in a movie and just good old fun.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Kids Classic, Oct. 30 2013
I got this for my eight year old son as a gift. I'd not seen the film in years but it was just as good as I remember. The movie is timeless family classic, especially for any baseball fan, and the new blu-ray presentation is as good as the film is ever going to look.

5.0 out of 5 stars great classroom mocie, July 14 2011
This review is from: SANDLOT (DVD)
My students of 9 to 12 years old still love this movie.It is something they can relate to.I have also shown them the sequel.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best movie for kids ever made..., Feb. 25 2004
Tom Harrison (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sandlot (DVD)
I first saw The Sandlot when I was eight years old, and have found myself watching it every year since.
The Sandlot is a film about a kid named Scotty Smalls, who moves to a new town and tries to make friends before school starts.
He walks across a small suburban baseball field where eight kids his age play daily, and he turns up one day, plays terribly and ends up joining the gang anyway.
Soon, the team find themselves in trouble after 'Smalls', as he is affectionately nicknamed, hits a Babe Ruth signed baseball into the yard of an almighty dog, who as rumor has it once ate a kid in the area.
The gang tries all sorts of methods to get the ball back, and this results in an extremely funny and enjoyable film.
The Sandlot is a great watch, and you will find the whole family stuck in front of the TV for this one.

The Sandlot
The Sandlot by David M. Evans (DVD - 2003)
CDN$ 31.58