countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: DVD|Change
Price:$29.98+ $3.49 shipping

on January 17, 2004
Mary-Kate and Ashely Olsen are simply two of the hottest rising stars. Well actually they're no rising stars, they've practically been stars since they were adolescents on a funny sitcom called Full House. They're career started off to a huge success. They soon made movies, tv shows, and apparrel of all sorts.
Winning London, which was relased in 2001, was another typical Mary-Kate and Ashley film. I have to say for its nice locations, it's worth a look. But the movie's plot is pretty formulaic and similiar to all their other movies, which can be a bit boring as well disappointing. So you wonder why I honored this movie with 4 stars, I just can't get it out my head to be honest. Ever since they showed it on the MK & A marathon on ABC Family on New Year's Eve of 2003, I became upssesed with it. Infact, I thought of buying on DVD, I still haven't yet. There's just something about the movie with is so attractive, I suppose it's Mary-Kate and Ashley, I just like the film and the setting too.
The plot, I don't even know why I'll bother is simple as anything. Mark Kate and Ashley play Chloe and Riley, not like on their show So Little Time, which is the opposite. They're participating in a United Nations game/contest. They are the winners of the preliminary competition and are asked if they'd like to compete in the real competition in London. Of course they agree and are sent to London, where they meet cute guys who they hang out it. Jesse Spencer plays Mary-Kate's love interest James. Oddly enough Jesse Spencer is Australian and is being portrayed as British. There are a few sterotypes and/or flaws in this movie. What movie doesn't have flaws?
The film is rated G for General Audiences. It contains nothing extreme obviously. Mild sexual innuendo, mainly some kissing. No profanity obviously. A fine pick for all ages.
All in all entertaining, and am looking forward to Mark-Kate and Ashley big screen debut, New York Minute due to be released in May. See Winning London, I suggest renting it first.
on August 17, 2001
Hello. I would like to so called "Back Up" Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen in this movie. What I am basically saying is that M K or Chica or whatever is so totally wrong. Come on. Kids under 10 can so watch this movie my 6 year old sister and all her friends love this movie. and there is NOT, I repeat, NOT a lot of kissing in this movie. It is like anyother Mary-Kate and Ashley movie totally harmless. Both Mary-Kate and Ashley kiss kiss once. And then the other people kiss so that is like what? 3. Its like omg. Anyone under 6 is so going to die if they see people kiss 3 times. Barney probally kiss more times then that. It is more like the best Mary-Kate and Ashley movie. And Our Lips Are Sealed is the same thing except that they are is Australia rather than Paris. The just talk to the camrea the whole time. And it woundn't be a family movie even without the kissing because sure I will so be able to seat my mom and dad down to watch a Mary-Kate and Ashley movie. This movie is for people more like the ages of 5-13. And by the way their naems are Mary-Kate and Ashley NOT MKA. Dah.
Bye
P.S. You don't have to purchase this "item", movie. Have u ever heard of Blockbuster. Rent It. If I puchased every movie I saw I woundn't be able to get into my house.
on July 18, 2001
I enjoyed this movie and have watched it many times and I would say as many people have, that the quality of Olsen twin movies is improving. However I would say that Our lips are sealed is by far the better quality movie. The reason I've had to give this my lowest rating on an Olsen movie is probably because I'm from England so watching the dump I live in isn't exactly thrilling (they captured the English weather so well), and then in American film tradition the MISTAKES. The odd mistake in our history I don't mind and really don't care (they've mainly got dates wrong) but I'm shocked that they got the Queens title wrong (they've used a princesses title). I work in the U.S and have a lot of friends and all of them new the right title, so I can't belive the Olsen twins got it wrong in a film. Finally one of the main characters in it is acted by an Australian (who anyone from England would know) but plays a well spoken English lad (why not use and English actor) the accent is too posh and then he slips up and you can tell his Australian. Also knowing how old he is made certain scenes hard to watch (he's quite a bit older than Mary-kate Olsen). Mistakes aside this is an enjoyable movie. It is also one of the most realistic films I've ever seen when it come to hostage negotiation, also a very funny scene. I still recommend this film.
on July 2, 2001
Some people say that Winning London is the Olsen Twins best movie yet, that would be me. In this movie of course they BOTH have to fall in love. In this movie Mary-Kate and Ashley are actually somewhat smart and for the first time they are not exactly alike. Like that Ashley's hair has all thses kinks in in it now and that their personalities are totally different. Chloe, played by Mary-Kate, is smart and only worried about winning the Modal U.N. competition. She likes to shop and hang out with boys, but her life doesn't depend on it. Riley, played by Ashley, is exactly the opposite. She is worried about how she looks and she is always shopping and only joined the Modal U.N. team to get the attention of her crush Brain, played by Brandon Tylar. Brain is popular and cute. He is the star running-back of the Lakeview High's football team. He only joined the Modal U.N. team to put on his collage reassume. Dylan is the opposite of Brain. Dylan, played by Eric Jungmann, always has his video cam and is filming everything. He is dorky and out of the group with is personality. Rachel, played by Rachel Roth, is like Dylan in many ways. They are both down lower on the popularity scale. Rachel is smart and focused in her work, but she also knows when to stop, unlike Chloe. Chloe runs in to this English guy named James Browning, played by Jesse Spencer. And the rest of the story I beat you can guess from other MKA movies.
on September 15, 2001
well, im uasully critical of the olsen twins.But when there series came out(so little time) i thought winning london might be okay.BOy was i wrong!The acting is horrid,and the whole plot is stupid!If u dont enjoy girls running around london shopping and listening to tycno music in the backround this movie isnt for u.The characters Riley and Chloe Lawerence(Ashley and M-K)have the same names from the tv series!cant these girls think of something original?This movie isnt for kids under 10 eigther cause there was way too much kissing action in this movie(in an air vent and on a ship)I was really suprised that so many people gave it 4 or 5 stars!cant you guys see bad talent in this movie?theres so many better Mary-Kate and ashley movies-such as-passport to paris,billbourd dad,our lips are sealed,toul+trouble,or to grandmothers house we come-i havnt thought of this befor but those movies are 5 stars to winning londons 2 stars.
on March 25, 2003
London- not like that!:
At first when I watched this great movie, I thought 'What are they doing to London?'. They play polo and speak in incredibly posh accents. I've never even met anyone who plays polo! And it doesn't always rain in England, by the way. But don't go thinking that the not-posh people in England are rough and have no money. No way! Most of England is just normal. I live life like an American!
Great film though: This was one of MKAA's best movies (up until Holiday In The Sun, which rules). It has the perfect mix of romedy, comedy and adventure. Mary-Kate's performance was brilliant and Jesse Spencer (James) is so hot! Ashley did well too. The soundtrack is also quite good, (again Holiday In The Sun's is better) but lacks pop and R'n'B. If you have not already, I urge you to CHECK THIS OUT!
on November 24, 2002
I love the olsen twins but there movies are awful!!! the only good movie is passport to paris and it takes two, the rest our awful. This movie captured the steriotypical London people. First of all not all English people talk like they have there head stuck up their ...!!!!!!! Second of all if anyone actually thought there acting was good you must be seriously deranged, one of the guys acted like a 6 year old kid telling jokes not to mention mary-kate boyfriends role, like how many times has that dissaproving stuck up dad been done!!!!!!When i first looked on amazon i thought this film looked wicked even though many people said it was awful, i just rushed out and brought it...........big mistake, don't get me wrong I LOVE the olsen twins but you gotta tell um like it is............there movies ...!!!!!
on June 28, 2001
This movie is the best. It is about two sisters Riley and Chloe who go to London along with 3 other people from their school and perticipate in the Modal U.N. compoition. This movie is different from all other Mary-Kate and Ashley movies becuase the girls Riley and Chloe are totally different and a lot of times don't get along. In Winning London it is the first Mary-Kate and Ashley movie where they are not perfect and their lives don't depend on lip gloss, they are actully somewhat smart in this movie. Winning London is also a very, very funny movie in many ways! This movie also teaches people that their dreams can come true. You should rent or buy this movie today. One thing is that in every Olsen Twins movie they BOTH have to fall in love with someone, this movie has no exaptions to that fact.
on April 19, 2001
I think this movie will help win more fans for the Olsen Twins. It is a very good story. One more movie that helps in getting people to think of the the girls as Teen Actresses and not just the twins from Full House. Nice to see them acting their age, not pretending to be older, and not faking it to still look like little girls either.
I only have a small complaint in the movie. They wasted time with the sightseeing part. Just by looking at the movie, you have a chance to see all the cool stuff in London. The best part of the movie is the last part that deals with the model United Nations. This could have been expanded more. OLAS is better in this respect, more time for the plot, and less sightseeing of Sidney. This is why I gave it only 4 of 5 stars
on November 8, 2002
It's hard not to like the identical twins,Mary-Kate and Ashley,with their pretty blue-eyed looks.This is a fun movie in which we can take a good look at the city of London,it may even make you want to go there.However,the movie lacks a real story and is slightly corny,and the twins,Mary-Kate and Ashley or Chloe and Riley if you like,are just too perfect and sweet.All the same,I respect the girls' talent.Years and years of acting has made them faultless and at ease on camera.The word that sums up this light hearted romance is 'pleasant',a nice,easy family movie(or children's movie at least).This may be enjoyed by fans of So Little Time,either the television show or the book series.