5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs. Winterbourne
I LOVED this film. It's one of my favourites! A lovely little romance without skin and sex scenes. It was ... endearing. And, in my opinion, this movie has a scene with the best movie kiss EVER!
Published 8 months ago by Risé

3.0 out of 5 stars perfect
it was the first movie i saw with ricky lake it was a suprise for me and i also liked the story and she was so funny in it
Published 13 months ago by Tina

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs. Winterbourne, Aug. 9 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars perfect, Feb. 25 2013
Tina (spring valley,usa) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Heart Warming, Aug. 20 2012
This review is from: Mrs. Winterbourne (Bilingual) (DVD)
Such a sweet story line and great cast! Ricki Lake is adorable and so is Brandon Fraser! A lot of scenes from this movie were filmed at the Parkwood Estate which is a historic location in my very own home town and is actually right down the street from me. It was also the same estate where Billy Madison was filmed! Historic location aside, this movie can be slow at times and Ricki Lake does not suit swear words, but I think you'll enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, Sept. 1 2004
Discombobulated (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mrs. Winterbourne (Bilingual) (DVD)
This is one of my all-time favourite movies. It is silly, romantic, cute and just fun to watch. Shirley McLaine was fantastic, as was Brendan Fraser. This is definitely one of those films when on a rainy day you can just forget about your problems, you can sit down and enjoy. It reminds us about the power of fate, family and friendship.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware--New DVD is pan & scan only, July 15 2004
This review is from: Mrs. Winterbourne (Bilingual) (DVD)
Please be aware that Columbia recently "revised" this DVD. The prior DVD had both widescreen and pan & scan on the disc. This new version has only pan & scan. How's that for progress! Thanks Columbia!
Amazon's technical details still show widescreen, which they had told me they would correct after shipping me two copies to try and get me the widescreen version they were supposedly selling. It's a great thing that Amazon is understanding about these things.

1.0 out of 5 stars Painful, June 16 2004
This review is from: Mrs. Winterbourne (Bilingual) (DVD)
Ricki Lake is horribly miscast in this movie.
She is also a really bad actress.
I'm sure Brendan Fraser would fall for Ricki - right?
There are bad movies and then there are baaaaaad movies.
This one truly is a standout stinker!

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling and satisfying, May 30 2004
This review is from: Mrs. Winterbourne (Bilingual) (DVD)
Shirley can make me believe anything. Ricky Lake at her best. And Brandon makes me feel warm and fuzzy. The movie was a little 'pat" but who cares? I love how it debunked "blood lines" and how it exhibited the many forms of love.

4.0 out of 5 stars one of brendan fraser's best, Jan. 23 2004
This review is from: Mrs. Winterbourne (Bilingual) (DVD)
I didn't get to see this film at the theatre, but it is a thoroughly charming film - mostly because of Shirley and Brendan's performances. Brendan Fraser continues to surprise us with his scope as an actor, from doing this 'lightweight' comedy, to zany comedies such as "George of the Jungle" and "Dudley Do Right" (he and Alfred Molina are the ONLY reason to see that one!) to campy action films such as "The Mummy" and it's sequel, to acting 'heavy' roles such as his turn in "The Quiet American." He looks VERY handsome in both his roles in this film (he plays twin brothers)and one wonders why the socialite chicks in the film were NOT throwing themselves at him! It is not a stretch to see why Ricki's character would fall for the guy, especially the way Fraser portrays him.
- Warning to guys: This IS a CHICK FLICK - if you are a romantically inclined gal and love romantic films, this one is a winner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mrs. Winterbourne, Nov. 10 2003
This review is from: Mrs. Winterbourne (Bilingual) (DVD)
Even though I've seen this movie more than once, I don't find it to be a 'keeper'. I did enjoy it. But, it's just not the type of movie I usually buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great romantic flick!, July 29 2002
This review is from: Mrs. Winterbourne (Bilingual) (DVD)
Connie, broke and pregnant, accidently ends up on a train heading toward Boston without a ticket. When a stranger, Hugh Winterbourne, helps her out by pretending that his wife's ticket is Connie's, and then takes her to join him and his wife in their cabin, the chaos begins. After the train crashes and Hugh and his wife die, Connie is mistaken for Hugh's pregnant wife. Since the Winterbourne's had not yet met Hugh's wife, Connie finds herself pretending to be Hugh's widow so she can care for her child, but feels guilt ridden over her deception-- especially when she falls in love with Hugh's brother, Bill, and the rest of the Winterbourne family. And who's sending her notes asking who she "really" is?
On its own, this movie is a great romantic comedy-- showing how one instance can drag a person into a situation he or she never intended. Lake, Fraser, McClaine, and the actor who plays "Paco" do a fabulous job at making the viewer fall in love with all the characters. I have watched this movie many times, and intend to watch it many more.
This story is based on "I Married a Deadman" by Cornell Woolrich, which is a much darker story than the movie. I'm glad they changed the title when they made this into a movie because there are many differences between the original story and the movie; therefore, no one who read the book will mistakenly watch the movie and expect a faithful adaptation. While both are good, they should be taken indenpendantly of each other.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa49b7af8)

Mrs. Winterbourne (Bilingual)
Mrs. Winterbourne (Bilingual) by Richard Benjamin (DVD - 2002)
CDN$ 9.99 CDN$ 7.97
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available