countdown Learn more scflyout Furniture All-New Kindle boutiques-francophones Music Deals Store sports Tools

Color: Cobalt Blue|Style Name: ksm150ps artisan® series 5-quart tilt-head stand mixer|Change

on June 8, 2016
I have loved to bake for over twenty years but never had the counter space to justify buying one of these. After a kitchen renovation last year, I got one for Christmas. This is harder to use than I expected. All the beating attachments hit the bottom of the bowl (but the manual says the are not supposed to). A screwdriver with a lot of effort adjusted it to fit the wire whip, but if I adjust it enough to fit the paddle, the locking mechanism won't work. The bowl is also quite hard to remove and I'm pretty strong. Maybe I got a dud, but I'm amazed that anyone with arthritis could use this. Bottom line is that if you need to beat a lot of egg whites or stiff doughs, it's worth saving yourself the tired arms to use this. But for regular cake batters this appliance is too much trouble.
Now that we've owned this for a few weeks it has made cakes, icings, and various bread doughs (like pizza). I won't go into too much detail reviewing this because these things have been around forever and they have been reviewed to death already...but one thing I will say is I don't understand the whining about it not being good for bread dough, as it seems to do it just fine for us. Sure the head wobbles a little bit when the ball is large and stuck to the hook in a weird way but it hardly seems like it's breaking a sweat while kneading it..

I like the tilt head design, the bowl is basic but functional, it does the job we wanted it to do so far.
on December 24, 2015
I absolutely love this stand mixer. I have rheumatoid arthritis and its quite bad in my hands. I can no longer rotate my wrist properly to hold a hand mixer so I essentially stopped baking all altogether. I saved my loonies and toonies for 5 years...YES...that long. and I made it to $485 when all of a sudden...this particular kitchenaid became a daily deal!! $319. I was so excited. I bought it right away. It came very quickly and I have been baking bread, muffins, cookies and my family (husband and 4 kids) are over the moon happy too.

I did try a stand mixer before this one that was much cheaper... around $80 from sunbeam. Tried one batch of cookies and promptly packaged it back up and returned it to the store. It was garbage.

This mixer...is changing my life, literally. I love it! I recommend it! I am so excited to have it! and I am so thankful it went on sale!!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 1, 2014
Why did I waited so long before getting an artisan mixer? I went for the white one because the sale was very good (42% off) and I paid less by buying a white one instead of colored.

I right away tried it for simple things like beating eggs for an omelette, mixing dough for cookies then for bread. All accessories work great and are easy to plug in and out. The handle on the bowl in a must have for easier manipulation. I did not use the splashguard because nothing was splashing by starting at a low speed and going up gradually.

So happy with this that I am looking toward the other accessories like the pasta maker and the meat grinder!
I use this mostly for making bread. Oh OK, I ONLY use it for making bread! I made a cake once as well, it sure beats a hand mixer! (beats...!) For bread, I proof the yeast in the bowl, heat the butter and milk on the stove, toss it in with the flour, run it for 6 minutes, put the ball of dough somewhere to rise... almost no effort! Compared to the old way of mixing and kneading by hand, there is no contest! Forget the fancy bread machines, this is all you need. (knead... there's another joke!) Don't get a lessor model, believe me, the horsepower required for kneading bread is substantial. This thing bucks like a bronco at times but it has held up. It's quite heavy, you might want to reserve a spot on the counter to avoid lifting it. I put it into an appliance garage with a slide. Also has the ability to run choppers and grinders with a transmision output on the front, some things I may buy later.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 17, 2010
Sure, there are cheaper food mixers, but the Kitchenaid stand mixer is an investment piece that is worth every cent.

Far too many manufacturers feel they need to choose either engineering or design. The practical or the aesthetic. Kitchenaid choose both - a serious piece of engineering that can sit in your kitchen and look beautiful.

You do need to dedicate some space to this workhorse - you won't want to be moving it often, but with its looks and its million and one uses, you will be happy to give it pride of place.

It performs better than any other mixer I have had and will take on anything. It is also surprisingly quiet. And with many weird and wonderful attachments to expand its capabilities, your Kitchenaid will be your personal kitchen assistant.

An essential investment. Five stars.
on August 4, 2015
Quite possibly the best investment I have made as of yet! I bake a lot and I have been using this for a while. Unfortunately, I needed more than just the bowl it came with so I ended up buying the frosted glass bowl.

I haven't had the chance to use any other attachments but I'm 100% sure I will have the time in the future as my mixer has already been used quite a bit but is still showing no signs of wear =)
on January 31, 2010
I ordered this unit on boxingday Saturday, to my suprise we got it that tuesday. we have used it to make pizza dough, breads, pastas, whipping cream egg whites etc. its an excptional unit and looks great.
on July 8, 2014
I was very disappointed that this motor has already started to go :( and i have had it for less then a year - I never make large batches... 90% or my baking is soft cookies... so it should last much longer then that. The colours are awesome but a little more power and durability would be appreciated... i am thinking that next time I'll go for a stronger model but the reviews on that make it seem like a similar case.
on January 5, 2010
Quiet and powerful as well as pretty. Very heavy which is good for me but I can see older cooks having issues carrying this around the kitchen. I have several of the attachments, all of which work well.... my fave is the ice-cream maker tho!!