4.0 out of 5 stars Haven't opened it yet
This is a Christmas present for my hubby. Haven't opened it yet, but seller is great and if there is a problem he has said he will take care of it. Can't ask for better than that.
Published 8 months ago by CK

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD CAUSE but POOR AUDIO
EXPECTED A LOT MORE FROM THIS CONCERT. SOME VERY GOOD PERFORMANCES (ESPECIALLY THE WHO AND BUDDY GUY) BUT OVERALL THE AUDIO QUALITY IS POOR. BUY IT FOR THE RARITY OF THE PERFORMANCES BUT DONT EXPECT MUCH FROM AUDIO QUALITY
Published 19 months ago by mario sinicropi

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD CAUSE but POOR AUDIO, Dec 30 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars The Best Concert Ever...With a Few Exceptions, June 14 2004
Julie A Ross (Pleasant Hill, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Concert For New York City (DVD)
Overall, 99% of this concert is very good. David Bowie, the Who, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Paul McCartney and Elton John all played fantastic sets here. But I have a problem with some of the other music. Eric Clapton plays "I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Man," totally unreated to 9/11. Jay-Z also had no business appearing at this show, especially if the only piece he can come up with is "H to the Izzo." My other complaint is that this DVD is incomplete. Two Paul McCartney songs, one Eric Clapton song, one Goo Goo Dolls' first song, and a good cover of "With a Little Help From My Friends" are all missing. The entire 6-hour concert could've easily been released. But what's here, for the most part, is very good. So on the whole, this is a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Concert That Proved New York Is Still Number One, March 6 2004
anthony nasti (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Concert For New York City (DVD)
It was a night of healing. It was a night of reconcilliation. It was a night for firefighters, policeman, paramedics, musicians, actors and "Saturday Night Live" alumni alike to join together and prove New york did not grow weak after 9/11. It grew stronger and this 5 - hour concert showed those shems in the Middle East right.
Disc 1 is chock full of memorable moments. For me, the highlights were Billy Joel doing "New York State Of Mind", Eric Clapton and Buddy Guy doing a scorching rendition of the blues standard "I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Man" and Adam Sandler reviving Operaman. But as just about every reviewer pointed out, The Who blew everyone away. I think it was "Won't Get Fooled Again" that stood out. It was also a spectacular swan song for the band's bassist, John Enthwistle. This was his last live appearance ever. He died suddenly in June 2002.
Disc 2 is even better. My favorite performer here is Elton John, who delivers a powerful version of "Mona Lisas And Mad Hatters". Mick Jagger and Keith Richards do great versions of "Salt Of The Earth" and "Miss You", though I would have liked it if all of The Rolling Stones were onstage. Jimmy Falon does an interesting medley of 1980s' hits that includes "Who's Johnny", "Der Komisar", and "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight". Paul McCartney brings down the house at the end. I really enjoyed it when Richard Gere got booed. He was asking for it.
Overall, a great concert.

5.0 out of 5 stars Support a Good Cause, Feb. 4 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Concert For New York City (DVD)
Just a reminder that proceeds from the sale of this video still go to the Robin Hood Relief Fund.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest performance in history since Nine Eleven, Jan. 2 2004
Abby Greer (Alpharetta Ga) - See all my reviews
I went to the mall and I purchased the concert and I was blown away at how many policeman,policewomen,firefighters and paramedics were there at the concert at Madison Square Garden a couple of days after the terorist attacks in America and I watched some of my favorite performers perform their songs I think everyone should get this concert and watch It.It's a blow out everyone will be moved by it I was so amazed and at the same time felt like I was there watching it please go buy this great concert on video.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show but..., July 14 2003
Mike (Connecticut) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Concert For New York City (DVD)
This is a killer concert, and I was lucky enough to see it live on television. I do miss the live aspect of the DVD in that they edited out some of the mistakes and the booing of Hilary Clinton. While I understand why they cleaned things up, they mistakes were some of the best parts of the show. Melissa Etheridge came out and started singing, but the microphone was not working. This went on for a little bit and was great, but it was edited fom the DVD. The sound and the show is amazing, and it was great to see the reactions to the performers. Bill Joel doing Manhattan 2120, and the Who. Killer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a Time Will Never Come Again, June 15 2003
Jesse Ross (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Concert For New York City (DVD)
Without this concert, New York would still be in a depression. All the victims wouldn't have gotten the money that they needed. And, most importantly, we wouldn't have seen such a great collection of music all in one place. From the moment David Bowie walks on stage (which you don't actually see, but...) to the moment Paul McCartney walks off, this truly is the greatest concert ever. Here are some of my thoughts on some of the artists:
Bowie -- enthusiastic and proud
Bon Jovi -- Hard rocking fun
Goo Goo Dolls -- great cover
Who -- stunning as always
Jagger -- powerful and energetic
Taylor -- amazingly touching
Fallon -- get a life
McCartney -- a youthful finish
As for the DVD itself, it looks great and sounds great, but should not have been edited. (If you want to see an unedited version, some collectors have it for trade on the internet.) Other than the editing factor, the DVD is well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE best concert in history., Jan. 20 2003
Julie A. Ross (Pleasant Hill, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Paul McCartney, the Who, the Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Elton John, David Bowie. This is a once-in-a-lifetime gathering of stars playing a benifit concert for 9/11. Most of the artists do a good job of choosing appropriate material -- Paul McCartney's "I'm Down" and "Yesterday." The Who's "Behind Blue Eyes" and "Won't Get Fooled Again." Yet some do not -- Jay-Z's "H To The Izzo" or Jimmy Falon's "'80's Medly." Nevertheless, however, we will never have another concert like this again.

3.0 out of 5 stars One Important Thing is Missing, Jan. 3 2003
Jonathan W. Desanctis (East Islip, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Concert For New York City (DVD)
The only thing that is missing from this DVD is when Hillary Clinton came onstage, she was heartly booed. I have the live video from VH1 and it is funny to watch. I was at the show, and people where shouting at her and her husband.
Besides that The Who stole the show....

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Concert For New York City
The Concert For New York City by Spike Lee (DVD - 2002)
CDN$ 43.99 CDN$ 30.65