5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!!!!!
I love amazon, super fast shipping and quality product is really good.movie is a really good i do recomend, this is one of the best movie ever
Published 18 months ago by Intocable

3.0 out of 5 stars Cast Away
I saw this film many years ago and I did not remember that I was disappointed with the way the movie ended. He wound up alone without the love of his life. I thought that was sad. I enjoyed watching this film though, I love Tom Hanks.
Published 6 months ago by 123schipperke

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!!!!!, Jan. 28 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Hanks is superb, Feb. 29 2012
Steven Aldersley (Oshawa, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Cast Away (2000)
Drama, 143 minutes
Directed by Robert Zemeckis
Starring Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks was probably the biggest box office draw for around 10 years, starting with Philadelphia in 1993. Like Meryl Streep, his performances haven't always won the awards they deserved. We expect excellence from Hanks and Streep, and it's never easy to add an Oscar after you have already won twice. Cast Away sees Hanks give one of his best performances, and that's saying a lot.

The opening part of the film introduces us to the life of Chuck Noland (Hanks). He works for FedEx and is obsessed with time. Everything has to happen according to schedule or he considers himself a failure. Noland is in love with Kelly Frears (Helen Hunt), but his life is too busy for him to make her his main priority. They have to exchange Christmas gifts in the car on their way to the airport because he doesn't make time for anything more significant. This is a common theme in the lives of too many people. We rush around, earning as much money as we can, barely slowing down long enough to spend time with the people we love. You don't miss it until it's gone.

Noland's plane crashes and he's the sole survivor. He manages to swim ashore and finds himself alone on an island. This isn't a new idea, but the execution is excellent. Noland is used to a comfortable life and has to learn how to survive in his new surroundings. Where will he live? What will he eat? Will he need to protect himself? What if he's ill or in pain? How will he remain sane? How will he escape and make his way back to civilization?

I enjoy Cast Away because it's such a peaceful movie. All we hear are natural sounds while Noland is trapped on the island. There isn't even any musical score during this extended sequence. It helps us realize what it is like to be completely alone. How would we adapt and survive? Would we have the mental strength to seek escape? It's an examination of how human beings think, and that always appeals to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, April 25 2014
This review is from: Cast Away (Widescreen) (DVD)
The DVD was good quality. Case was in good shape. Movie was ok. But unbelievable in some spots. And it was so loud in some spots and then really quiet in others.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cast Away, Jan. 1 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Cast Away, July 6 2013
This review is from: Cast Away (Full Screen) (DVD)
The movie shows how much endurance the human body can stand and Tom Hanks did a superb job as Chuck Noland. A must see.

5.0 out of 5 stars great movie:), May 23 2013
This review is from: Cast Away (Widescreen) (DVD)
Castaway was a great movie! Tom thanks does a wonderful job starting out as a well-to-do, time obsessed professional, and turning into a person whose only occupation is survival. Even though the cast is limited for most of the movie, and there are no car chases :), I never lost my interest, and was very involved with the story. Thanks:)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cast Away, Jan. 30 2014
This review is from: Cast Away (Widescreen) (DVD)
Again we enjoyed the original movie. This was also purchased at a friends request, so I'm sure she is enjoying it.
I will borrow it back to watch too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wilson, April 15 2013
This review is from: Cast Away (Widescreen) (DVD)
loved it all, Tom Hanks is fantastic. His Wilson is awe inspiring...Took my breath away. Humbled, I spent time in introspection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wilson!!, July 16 2014
This review is from: Cast Away [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
The story's remarkably good. Tom Hanks' acting is superb. And the blu-ray picture of the tropical island is perfect. Just the thing to watch when you're snowed in.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent blu ray, May 26 2009
Joel Fortier (Nunavut, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cast Away [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
There is no question about it, Blu ray is the way to go..

the picture quality and sound is exceptional.

Cast Away (Widescreen)
Cast Away (Widescreen) by Robert Zemeckis (DVD - 2003)
CDN$ 16.98 CDN$ 6.99