5.0 out of 5 stars swing out sister make a movie!!??!!, June 11 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Somewhere Deep In The Night (Audio CD)
upon the first notes to the song Through the Sky, i knew i was listening to beginning credits. the first steps in a dream made by a duo not afraid to be creative,playful,joyous and understatedly cool.the movie unfolds slowly, a present unwrapped to become a dionne warwick meets james bond at le seine flick.a bold and modern take on anything cinematic with a modern pop edge. full of jazz overtones, raw soulful musicianship mixed with one of the most beautiful alto flute vocals you will ever hear.so much range from this duo. so pop the popcorn dim the lights shut the world out turn up the movie on your headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of their best, May 26 2004
jill (Gladwyne, PA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Somewhere Deep In The Night (Audio CD)
I paid an incredibly ridiculous sum for the Japanese export edition when it first came out, and it was worth every penny. SOS has incredible range and talent, and they outdid themselves with Somewhere Deep in the Night. It's beautiful. It surprises me to read comments that this album was somehow not critically acclaimed - but this is not rap, this is not the usual pop piffle, no wonder critics don't know what to make of the real thing - wonderful, happy, and haunting songs beautifully performed. Somewhere Deep in the Night quickly became and remains my favorite album, although I just now purchased their latest (ridiculous expensive imported) release.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart-wrenchingly beautiful, April 2 2004
Joe Joe "nygingin" (Astoria, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Somewhere Deep In The Night (Audio CD)
I've been a SOS fan since "Breakout." Over the years, I've never missed a CD, although some of them had to be purchased only thru a site like this because American stores don't carry them!!
Up to now, "Shapes and Patterns" has been a personal favorite, but after listening to this "Somewhere Deep..." I've been touched! It transforms you into a breezy summer night, in a mystical musicland, and takes you on a magic carpet ride. I just LOVE it!! It resonates with my heart, and the album is so integrated that you want to listen to it wholly, all the time. It's lush, gorgeous and dreamy... I love "What Kind of Fool" and "Where the Hell Did Our..." Superb. Does this tell you that the Japanese has such a high sensibility that only they get to enjoy this kind of music? Can't wait for the new '04 release "Where Our Love Grows." If it's like this album, I am in heaven.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vivid Reminders, March 9 2004
This review is from: Somewhere Deep In The Night (Audio CD)
Unfortunately I received this CD just before September 11, 2001 and so I am unable to listen to it any more because the music reminds me of that tragedy. It's a shame because it is a wonderful album - Andy & Corinne put a lot of work into it! If you listen to the album carefully you'll see the parallel. "Spinning and spiralling through the sky..." Of course I would recommend it to a true SOS fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Live and grow..., June 20 2003
Mr. Benz (E. Hampton, N.Y.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Somewhere Deep In The Night (Audio CD)
What a wonderful experience...Swing Out Sister continues to provide a useful meaning to music; they stand alone in the industry. Go to the movies with Swing Out Sister...you'll thank yourself for listening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Take me Deep in the Night!, June 17 2003
G. Carter "gcmusiclover" (Temple Hills, maryland United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Somewhere Deep In The Night (Audio CD)
As with each SOS cd, i hear musical growth! This is another great example of there rich style! I love 'where do i go' this cd is a musical relaxing journey!

Somewhere Deep In The Night
Somewhere Deep In The Night by Swing Out Sister (Audio CD - 2002)