4.0 out of 5 stars Grills well, but a pain to clean
Published on Feb. 16 2012 by ABC

Don't get me wrong. The one star is for Zojirushi quality control and warranty service. I'd love to give the item 5 stars in term of usage.

Published 21 months ago by Foolmelon

4.0 out of 5 stars Grills well, but a pain to clean, Feb. 16 2012
ABC - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill (Kitchen)
We love making kababs, and grilled veggies so after much research decided to buy this grill. It is a fantastic grill as far as 'making the food' is concerned. No smoking, nice blackened lines on the grilled food and easy to use. We do baste while we grill so have not noticed any issues with veggies overdrying either. We leave it on high for a few minutes every time we turn it on, to burn off any 'residue' from last use. The issue is with the cleaning of the grill. I read plenty reviews where everyone seems to be raving about how easy it is to clean. I disagree. Sure the surface is very non stick and food residue just glides off, but the dripping does stick and burn on the bottom. And when grilling meats, you dont want the bottom part even mildly coated with oils - bacteria could grow, and the smell is another factor. Since it is a nonstick coating, the only way to clean it requires gently wiping it down with a very soft brush or cloth repeatedly till all of the food residue is gone. Believe me it takes very long. It is on account of this cleanup we dont use it as much as we would like. I wish it came with a tool that would help with the cleanup of the bottom of the grilling plate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, easy to clean, Jan. 30 2011
Mulan (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill (Kitchen)
Smokes just a little, but I just place it under the hood vent to pick up any smoke.
The only challenge was when I was making chicken skewers, the grills don't touch all the nooks & crannys of uneven surfaces, and I find that unlike an outdoor grill, if the item is not touching the surface, it will still cook with the residual heat from the grill, but not the case in this indoor grill, you really need to make contact with all the surfaces, otherwise, like the chicken I tried to cook, it won't fully cook the edges. I still enjoy it and would recommend to anyone looking for a good hot indoor grill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Winter Grilling, July 3 2013
Gary G - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill (Kitchen)
I've owned mine for two years and while I use the outdoor gas grill in the summer, this thing does a credible job on steaks and burgers in the winter.

Heat is a little uneven and you have to juggle the food a bit to get it on the hot spots evenly but once you figure that out everything is smooth sailing.

Cleanup is a breeze, as one reviewer stated, as long as you do it immediately after it cools down. For the fellow who's asking for a cleaning tool, he could go to any dollar store and buy a $1 plastic bottle brush and that would do an excellent job, though I've never needed one.

One final note. I especially like the fact that the heating element is embedded directly inside the grill casting. Other such grills with a separate element may be cheaper to make, but I find those generate way too much smoke and tend to actually ignite the drippings. This thing cooks with virtually no smoke and it seems to be a much safer design.

1.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item. Poor Zojirushi quality control and warranty service., Nov. 13 2012
This review is from: Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill (Kitchen)

Received the item sold by Amazon. Realized there is a chip on the polished finish just under the power socket (see the customer image I uploaded). Contacted Zojirushi and sent the picture by email. The customer service rep was very helpful. But he warned me that their warranty department would refuse to do anything as "it does not affect usage". Regardless he submitted the case. A few hours later, the rep called me back that indeed the warranty department refused to admit it is a defective item as "the customer can still use it". I was told that my only options were either keep it as it is, or send it back to Amazon. Amazon was very nice by offering refund or replacement. Since it was sold out at Amazon at that moment, I decided to keep it.

With it is clearly a manufacture defect, I am disappointed with how Zojirushi treating customers. My own google search shows that Zojirushi is pretty poor on warranty service in North America. Just because an item is still usable does not justify Zojirushi to release it with defect, no matter how small the defect is. I was a fan on both Panasonic and Zojirushi appliances equally. Now you know which brand I am leaning to on my next purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Grill!, Feb. 26 2014
This review is from: Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill (Kitchen)
Cooks really well and with even heat! I generally use Medium heat setting, and so far it has not set off smoke detectors. Much better overall and far easier to clean than my previous Sunbeam grill. Best tip for cleaning is to use a fairly small dishwashing brush with long bristles. Also, a piece of foil can be used to catch drippings to help with clean-up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Electric Grill, Jan. 21 2014
This review is from: Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill (Kitchen)
I recommend this product entirely. Very well built, very easy to clean and temperature is adequate. Will grill your steak under the stove fan in our siberian winters to the perfection!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heats up fast and hot !, Oct. 28 2013
This review is from: Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill (Kitchen)
This replaced my old Salton and it hasn't disappoint yet. You should use a simple aluminum tray as others mentioned to cover the splash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, Jan. 11 2013
This review is from: Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill (Kitchen)
I love this electric grill....it does better work than some much more expensive ones. And for people that say it is hard to clean it :) it is because they dont do the job on time after the grill is used! No grill that is used will be clean or stay clean for long time if you don't do the cleaning on time and properly (have some water in the bottom of it, so grease dosent stick on the grease collector, and will stay clean/nice longer). Clean the top grill right away after your dinner, no few hours or next day! If you want to have it for long time.

If you get it, most likely it will be better than the one you had before. What is the best part of it, is that the heating element is inside the grill plate = more efficient and less time to heat the grill.

5.0 out of 5 stars it's awesome!, Aug. 31 2013
This review is from: Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill (Kitchen)
super helpful in grilling all foods. Just take proper care of it. Set it on the right temp and your good to go :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy bbq on balcony, July 11 2013
This review is from: Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill (Kitchen)
At first I was reluctant that if I'll have slow cooking experience cause it does not have the same power as its big brother. It is not so slow at all, chicken thighs will be done around 20 mins, corn takes longer (we like it well done)

Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill