march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Size: 32oz|Change

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 10, 2015
Each parts are made form stainless steel (I did the magnet test). The brushed SS finish inside and outside is perfect. The handle seems very well soldered, no soldering is apparent. The flow in the spout is simply perfect. I know this is a detail, but each time I make myself a coffee I am amazed but the flowing properties of the spout, looking at how the coffee flows, how it shows me the color of my coffee. Simply but looking at the color of my coffee flowing by the spout I know if I made it strong or not that morning. I mean the engineering of the spout is perfect.

Does it keep the coffee warm? Usually I use it 2/3 full, and it keeps the coffee warm for about 30-45 minutes. After 30-45 minutes, I need to put my coffee to the microwave :-( But I do like my coffee very hot.

The cons:

1) The chrome top plate. Why using a chrome top plate when all the unit is in high quality stainless steal???
2) The thing is massive! It's a chubby French-press! It has a nice original design but it takes more place on the table then competitors doubled-wall stainless steal French-press.
3) The silicon filter ring (seal) gets coffee stained after a few usage. I always wash it by hand and the stain stays. I did not try putting it in washing machine because I don't want it to wear prematurely. The SS inside also gets stained, but I can easily wipe out the stain simply with a cotton towel.

I recommend this Bodum Columbia French-press!
on April 17, 2013
Man this thing is beautiful.

Functionaly, works great but make sure you use the right grind. I thought I'd convert to french press but it is hard to beat the old drip machine. Bought this and a grinder, but still use a $20 drip!

Takes a bit of a comittment and I did not find the coffee to be THAT much better.
on July 15, 2013
This Bodum brews a tasty cup of coffee even if the beans are not of the highest quality. When the beans are very good, the coffee is lovely. Many guests have commented favorably on the taste as well as the stylish design.If you are thinking of buying this Bodum be aware that even though it is advertised as 8 cups, you won't get that amount from this pot unless you are using espresso cups, Even with smallish coffee cups you would most likely get about 4 cups. My second point is that this product does not keep coffee very hot for more than half an hour. It is warmish but not hot. But, if you want a good cup of coffee in a stylish pot and you're going to drink it immediately, this is a good buy.
on December 24, 2011
The Bodum Columbia 8-cup Stainless Steel Thermal Press Pot works well. Coffee stays hot longer if the pot is rinsed with hot water before making coffee. Not sure it holds 8 cups. It works well if you follow directions and is attractive enough to put on the table.
on July 25, 2014
Love the stainless steel, doesn't make 8 cups of coffee, only two large cups, three regular cups, but makes a great cup of coffee,
on January 19, 2013
Good product, but rotund shape a little awkward. Would prefer a slimmer oval shape. On the whole, a good French Press
on September 5, 2015
Good price and attractive. It helps to use a tea cozy and pre-heat the pot before adding coffee.
on September 19, 2011
This bodum works well and like it claims to. Says 8 cups but like all coffee pots that translates to about 4. Easy to clean, easy to use and makes a great cup of coffee.
on October 10, 2015
Wish it had a bigger capacity. Keeps it hot. Seems well built.
on January 16, 2016
Terrific. Exceeded our expectations. Stylish and functional.