5.0 out of 5 stars Please, not the Pogues...
Published on June 5 2004 by E. Verardi

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Music...If Only They Had Done It First
When I first listened to the most excellent "Drunken Lullabys" album I thought, "this is good. very clear Dave King has listened to Shane Macgowan <i> alot </i>
Flogging Molly is an excellent band. Their music is energetic, animate and interesting. The vocals are empassioned and beautifully sung, the same can be said for the instrumentals...
Published on July 29 2003 by Megan M. O'dea

5.0 out of 5 stars Please, not the Pogues..., June 5 2004
E. Verardi "another aging punk" (Wash D.C.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drunken Lullabies (Audio CD)
No, they aren't the Pogues. Nor should they be compared. Fact is, this band is good NOW. The Pogues were sounding a bit worn by the end... and one could say they sounded like a few well known traditional Irish bands of the day. FM has a great sound, fantastic lyrics, and I can't wait to see them live some time if they ever make it within 50 miles of my home. I'm 39, loved the Pogues, still do, and stubled onto FM while looking for something other than old Pogues cds to listen to. Thank god I found these guys and the Real McKenzies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, Feb. 7 2010
Philip Andrew "Card Shark" (Stratford, P.E.I., Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drunken Lullabies (Audio CD)
Best CD I ever purchased. Every song a winner. I like the way this band has taken Irish type songs and put a heavy metal spin to them. I am 58 and think this album will be liked by any age group. Check them out on Youtube.

5.0 out of 5 stars goodest, Jan. 25 2005
man i love this cd. ... . its a gooder , but thats my opinon

5.0 out of 5 stars Drunken Lullabies., June 28 2004
This review is from: Drunken Lullabies (Audio CD)
This is such an amazing album. I first heard of these guys on the 'Warped Tour' record absolutly love thier blend of celtic and punk. This is such a refreshing twist. I have never heard (expect Dropkick Murphys but who i feel arent as celtic as FM) such a unique, yet simply amazing way of punk. This is cd is solid through out. My favorite tracks are:
1. 'Drunken Lullabies' - The title track is an amazing fast paced song, which dives right into their celtic influence. It will leaving you singing and dancing. My favorite track. Amazing lyrics.
2. 'What's Left Of The Flag' - This is another stand out. It starts off acousticly, but then jumps right into the punk feel. Their first real single of this record.
4. 'If I Ever Leave this World Alive' - This song is a slighty slower paced, but good as ever.
5. 'The Kilburn High Road' - A fast song, with a tearing guitar solo.
6. 'Rebels of the Sacred Heart' - Fast paced and brilliant.
9. 'Death Valley Queen' - This song's chorus is catchy. I feel tracks 8-10 are really dark, and this i one of the darkest.
11. 'The Rare Ould Times' - This is a cover song of a very old Irish song. I absolutly love the FM cover of it.
12. 'The Son Never Shines (on Closed Doors) - I really like this song a lot. I just love how the album ends with such a beautiful slow song.
Overall, a very good sophmore album, and i can't wait for their next album which they are currently wrapping up. This album is very solid through out, and Dave King voice is full of emotion. Every song through is filled with amazing lyrics. Flogging Molly's Drunken Lullabies is sure to leave you singing and dancing with one of the best, unique bands out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not quite 5 stars, but almost there., June 9 2004
This review is from: Drunken Lullabies (Audio CD)
This is an over-all enjoyable album. There aren't that many different styles on here, unless you call "ballads" a style ("Sun Never Shines"), but it's still good. Maybe you shouldn't listen to me, because I'm more of a punk fan, but either way you won't regret buying this, even though the tracks are fairly similar, and there isn't a great amount of emotional depth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, June 7 2004
Derek (Vencouver, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drunken Lullabies (Audio CD)
Flogging molly blends just the right amount of punk rock with just the right amount of celtic to create one of the most unique styles of music youll ever hear. This CD is will be a great addition to your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock on!, May 27 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Drunken Lullabies (Audio CD)
Everything about this CD rocks from track1-track12 it's one of the best CDs I have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally....something good., May 24 2004
This review is from: Drunken Lullabies (Audio CD)
I heard about Flogging Molly when a friend of mine's band played a few of their songs for a show they were doing. I was interested, so I picked this cd up. Let me say that my friend's band does not do justice. Flogging Molly is one of the best things I've heard in years. This cd is worth it. It's a must for Celtic or Punk lovers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow! A Blast!, May 3 2004
Scott Schiefelbein (Portland, Oregon United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drunken Lullabies (Audio CD)
I snagged "Drunken Lullabies" on some good word-of-mouth, and I was amazed. Many bands brag that they are an Irish punk act, but they can't pull it off. If there is a dictionary of musical styles, under "Irish Punk" it should read, "See Flogging Molly."
The title track, "What's Left of the Flag," and "The Kilburn High Road," are thrashing, crazed guitar rants perfect for a rugby team's pre-game locker room scene. If anything, "FM" gets a bit carried away during their tunes -- "Death Valley Queen," "Rebels of the Sacred Heart," and "Another Bag of Bricks" made me check the liner notes to see if the band has a cardiologist or ER doc to thank! "The Rare Old Times" and "The Sun Never Shines (on Closed Doors)" prove that "FM" is not a one-trick pony, but you wish that there was a little more such diversity on the album.
Check these guys out -- if we're lucky, they'll be around for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD from begining to end, May 3 2004
Lucas Acha (Michigan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drunken Lullabies (Audio CD)
A friend of mine had me listen to this CD.... I was instantly hooked. I had to go get the CD... Now that I have been listening to this CD for a few days non-stop in my car I want to pick up more of their music. The music is very catchy and it is hard to resist.... This coming from a fan of Megadeth, Metallica, Iron Maiden, ect.....

Drunken Lullabies
Drunken Lullabies by Flogging Molly (Audio CD - 2005)