Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen All-New Kindle Paperwhite Deal of the Day - The Beatles in Mono 14LP Vinyl Box Set SGG Home, Kitchen and Garden Gift Guide

Format: DVDChange

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(2 star).Show all reviews
on July 10, 2000
I really love Woody Allen. I haven't seen all of his films or anything, but "Annie Hall" and "Sleeper" are among my top ten favorite movies of all time. I think the seventies was his best decade. The eighties also proved productive, but the nineties, middle of the road. He definetly had his moments ("Everyone Says I Love You" and "Sweet and Lowdown") but he also had some stinkers ("Deconstructing Harry" and "Celebrity"). I decided to see this movie based on good reviews and my almost unwavering love of Woody Allen. I watched it the whole way through, waiting for it to get good, but I'm sad to say, it never did. I found the characters to be annoying and the continual strife between the characters was not pleasent to watch and got old after a while. I don't even think it was that effective. Woody was as always, excellent, and Juliette Lewis and Mia Farrow pulled their weight, but I thought Judy Davis, an actress I'm not to fond of anyway, was miscast. I also did not care to much for Liam Neeson's and Sydney Pollack's performance. Not a movie I would recommend to a 70's Allen fan, but if you liked "Deconstructing Harry"... See "Interiors" or "September" instead.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 16, 1999
I'm a big Woody Allen fan, but this movie gaves me the creeps... Mostly, it is a series of arguments where the viewer feels like they're watching something very ugly happen right before their eyes. I certainly wouldn't call it comedy. I love every Woody Allen film except this one, I almost couldn't finish watching it; I felt so terrible when it was through.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse