5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining
It is very fun game provided u s with hours and hours of enterntainment.
It outlasted out two dancing pads.
Published 18 months ago by Artem Paramonov

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm...
I heard Konamix was better than MAX, but bought MAX anyway. I am a very good DDR player, I can handle most 8 footers (thats pretty hard, for those who don't play or aren't that good). I play mostly MAX on PS2 and 5th- 8th mix at the arcade (8th Mix is Extreme). Compared to these, I was disappointed with Konamix. The songlist, save for Burnin' the Floor, Matsuri Japan,...
Published on Aug. 31 2003 by mg155

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, Jan. 20 2013
This review is from: Dance Dance Revolution Konamix - PlayStation (CD-ROM)
It is very fun game provided u s with hours and hours of enterntainment.
It outlasted out two dancing pads.

5.0 out of 5 stars DDR fans enjoy!, May 15 2002
Yukiko Shiranui (Mount Vernon, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dance Dance Revolution Konamix - PlayStation (CD-ROM)
Now I've only been playing ddr for around 4 1/2 months. I've been a addict ever since I tried last July.. and failed misrably at Butterfly upswing at an anime convention. I was overjoyed when I bought DDR USA, and two dance pads for the playstation. I formed love for new songs that I had never even tried before "Dub I Dub" and "Afronova" to name a few! But I wanted more songs, only to find a DDR 4th mix machine in my town! I was excited, but can't afford to go to the arcade daily!
Once I heard news about KONAMIX I was overjoyed! I just bought the game and I am VERY impressed! Much like the layout of 4th mix, the songs are put into little catigories (WHICH YOU CAN CHANGE IN THE OPTIONS MENU!) with different dancers. I like that. Also the feature in which you get different songs unlocked as you go along has me playing until I can get them all. (They have Orion .78 AMeuro MIX!!) I have yet to try Edit mode but just the thought of such an option makes me excited! This is the best DDR version for the playstation to be released in the US.
Even if you are just getting into the game, or if you are one of those old time players who can bust out on Maniac and freestyle so well people's jaws drop, this game is for you! Who needs a game were you sit around to play when you can be up and move playing DDR Konamix? Go on, get up there and dance! No crowd, so don't be scared! ^_^
Thank you Konami for giving the US such a great game!

4.0 out of 5 stars I'll probably lose 10 pounds with this game!, May 10 2002
This review is from: Dance Dance Revolution Konamix - PlayStation (CD-ROM)
Alright, first off I'm probably not your typical DDR fan. I'm a thirty-something who never sets foot in an arcade and sticks to the PC for videogames. That said, the first time I saw DDR I thought it'd be a fun way to get some exercise (sure beats jogging!) Once I found out you could get it for home, I picked up a Playstation simply for the purpose of playing these games (much cheaper than buying a machine!)
A lot of people griped about the U.S. version of the original Dance Dance Revolution as it did pale in comparison to the numerous import compilations out in Japan. This latest version of the game is a much more worthy competitor. There are probably twice as many songs and the graphics are much cleaner. Most importantly, though, this game (plus a dance pad) can really work up a sweat and it's a lot of fun too.
My gripes:
1) You're stuck with a certain character you may or may not like depending on which selection of songs you choose.
2) While some may appreciate the increased difficulty, I don't like the fact the hardest workout mode is (still) too easy, yet the easiest game mode is still very hard. For workout purposes, something in between would've been nice.
3) Yes, there are a lot of songs missing from the most popular artists on the import versions. Amazing to think it'll take a team of 1000 lawyers to get "Butterfly" on a U.S. disk, isn't it?
Those complaints don't stop me from recommending Konamix, however. I've scored a lot of points with the kids in the neighborhood because I can play this game (and even beat some of them at it). If you do pick it up you won't be disappointed, but definitely buy some dance pads to go with it or you miss out on the whole purpose of playing this game.
Hope my review helped!

4.0 out of 5 stars A full fledged hooked on game, Feb. 23 2004
This review is from: Dance Dance Revolution Konamix - PlayStation (CD-ROM)
This game Rocks! For ps it has great graphics. And as an owner of the whole set of DDR games, you should listen. I like Yuni and Emi personally. Take my advice, get the game.
If only I had a memory card for ps.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun for everyone, Dec 26 2003
This review is from: Dance Dance Revolution Konamix - PlayStation (CD-ROM)
My kids got this for Christmas (2 girls 10 and 13). They are having a blast playing and taking turns (which is not easy for them usually). I had read other ratings before buying and was curious about the adults who had fun with their kids using this item. I can attest that it is loads of fun for parents to use too and maybe will turn out to be good exercise too. Dad just looks into the room and laughs before moving on...
The graphics are WILD and borderline ridiculous, but so are we when we are stomping around. Definitely a good investment! Don't get a cheap pad, it is worthwhile to have some cushion under the feet--and have some extra quality in the wiring to endure all the repeated pressure from dancing.
I will be doing this in my sleep!

4.0 out of 5 stars Dance Dance Revolution, Dec 12 2003
This review is from: Dance Dance Revolution Konamix - PlayStation (CD-ROM)
I love all the songs in Dance Dance Revolution. However, I espeically like "Higher", "Groove", "Make it better", "Cutie Chaser", and a lot more. can name them all, but I love them all! Buy it, play it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome!!!!, Sept. 15 2003
Ryoko Masaki (Jacksonville, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dance Dance Revolution Konamix - PlayStation (CD-ROM)
I have the game and it rocks. So far I've lost 10 lbs on that game alone. And that's with no diets! Want to lose weight and have fun, or you just want to get better, this is the game to get. It's great for the whole family or just you to enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tight Game, but its missing something, July 11 2004
This review is from: Dance Dance Revolution Konamix - PlayStation (CD-ROM)
I hate video games, but DDR is to good to be considered a video game. This game has helped me build stamina and quick thinking skills. DDR Konamix has an awesome song list with the original Paranoia and this is the only US release which features the very complicated Orion.78[AM-EuroMix] So why would I give it four stars? Because you can't use speed modifiers.[x1.5,x2,x3,x5,x8]
I know most DDR fans don't really care something like that, but some songs on here are impossible to do with only one speed.
This game is still a good buy, but I recommend DDRMAX or DDRMAX2 over this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun and workout!, Feb. 4 2004
This review is from: Dance Dance Revolution Konamix - PlayStation (CD-ROM)
This is a fun game! Every day at an arcade I see many kids there playing this game!They simply love it!I highly recommend buying this game! There are 52 songs to try! Theres even a workout mode so you can actually see how many calories you burned!GREAT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun and workout!, Feb. 4 2004

Dance Dance Revolution Konamix - PlayStation
Dance Dance Revolution Konamix - PlayStation by Konami America Inc. (PlayStation)
CDN$ 16.95