5.0 out of 5 stars Wusthof 5558 are the best shears around., Sept. 25 2011
tralala (Montréal, QC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wusthof 5558 Kitchen Shears, Black (Kitchen)
Some people complain that these shears come apart too easily. They only come apart at a 90° angle, which is an excellent feature, not a bug. At any rate, if you need to cut something when the blades are opened at 90°, you lose most of your strength, rendering the cutting nearly impossible. So the argument is futile and is based on pure ignorance as most of the cutting is done when the blades are ± 45° apart. Those who whine about this "hygienic feature" should either try cooking lessons, or get out of the kitchen. I have sampled many shears in specialized outlets. The Wusthof 5558 are the best of the lot and very attractive at around $12.00. Do make sure the seller cuts his price before you buy this very versatile tool. ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, tough scissors, Jan. 29 2011
snowstorm (British Columbia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wusthof 5558 Kitchen Shears, Black (Kitchen)
These are strong, solid, tough sharp scissors. They look and feel like quality. One cutting edge is serrated. There is a notch at the base of one blade (not visible in the picture) that catches and holds flower stems, bones, or similar items. The grippers on the handle below the hinge will open bottles or small jar lids. I appreciate that my fingers fit in the handle holes, they are cramped in most other scissors. Wusthoff advertises these as kitchen shears and I`ve no doubt they would cut up a chicken with ease. I bought two pairs and gave one as a Christmas present.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice scissors, July 29 2013
P. Harling "Walrus" (Maple Ridge, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wusthof 5558 Kitchen Shears, Black (Kitchen)
Good design - they function well, are easy to hold and control. I like the way they come apart for cleaning. I took off one star because the plastic handles are a bit down market for my Classic Ikon set - but you get what you pay for, the price is fair.

Update Dec 2013 - I still like them, the edge is holding up well, with no drop in cutting performance and they not not needed sharpening. I am buying a second set to use in the garden for dead heading and light pruning - they perform better than my garden pruners!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 7 2014
Great shears!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Scissors, May 20 2014
Fab - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Wusthof 5558 Kitchen Shears, Black (Kitchen)
Sharp, smooth, easy to clean (because it comes apart). Overall a very good quality kitchen scissors. Best I have ever used for the kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, Jan. 20 2014
L. Dosch (Regina, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wusthof 5558 Kitchen Shears, Black (Kitchen)
These shears are awesome. I haven't had much experience with Wusthof products, but now I see why they are so highly rated. These shears with cut through anything and after about a year of use are still just as sharp as the day we got them. I love that they come apart for cleaning and the overall look and feel is quality.
Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shears, March 3 2013
This review is from: Wusthof 5558 Kitchen Shears, Black (Kitchen)
Sharp as all heck, being able to split the blades for cleaning is an added bonus. Best $30 I've spent in a while.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tool for food preparation, Jan. 11 2012
joelee "Joe Leed" (Vancouver, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wusthof 5558 Kitchen Shears, Black (Kitchen)
The well packed stuff came on time and was in perfect condition. It cuts whole chicken, fish, etc. without difficulties. Excellent tool for food preparation. No comments on durability as I use it for just 1 month.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Dec 7 2014
This review is from: Wusthof 5558 Kitchen Shears, Black (Kitchen)
Just the finest kitchen shears my second pair I highly recommend and service from amazon was superb

Wusthof 5558 Kitchen Shears, Black