countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Item Package Quantity: 1|Change

on April 14, 2016
I bought a yogurt maker so I thought I needed to buy this as well so that I could make soft yogurt cheese (or a cheese-like food product). I have not used this as much as the machine that I bought. In fact, I've used it only one time using store bought plain yogurt. The maker works as advertised. Within 2 hours of straining the yogurt, you have the makings of a soft cheese. Within 24 hours, you have a yogurt cheese-like substance that has the consistency of a softened cream cheese. I quite liked the flavour and taste.
on September 19, 2014
We got this in combination with the CYM-100C Cuisinart Electric Yougurt Maker (automatic cooling) and we LOVE it. The greek yougurt that comes out is divine. Smooth and easy. I leave it in the strainer for anywhere between 2 and 8 hours and it is perfection. Once I left it in much longer (24 hours) and then made a low-fat cheesecake with the yougurt cheese. The cheesecake worked out well (though it took 1.5 hours to bake instead of the 20 minutes the recipe called for that came with the device). The clean-up on this is a snap too - just throw it in the dishwasher.
on March 2, 2015
Love this little gadget. Does a great job, its sturdy, very dishwasher friendly. I've had mine sine Sept/2011 and it looks and works just like the day I bought it. Def recommend this to anyone who enjoys making homemade Greek yogurt and yo-cheese.
on February 18, 2015
So much neater than using the bag or cheesecloth method. This product is of impressive high quality. It also cleans very easily. I am delighted with this purchase which I wasn't sure about buying for almost a year!!
on March 17, 2016
This is a ,most amazing product!!

I've been making cream cheese & various dips using it.

The price was definitely better than any restaurant supply stores carry.

I recommend this to anyone wanting to make their own cream cheeses, etc!
on September 20, 2013
i make my own yogurt cheese and was using a small sieve and cheesecloth...this is great just pour it in and there's a lid as well so that's even better!! Clean up is easy, and the yogurt never sits in the whey either.
on May 2, 2014
Bought this to use with the Cuisinart yoghurt maker, it works like a charm.
Just put yoghurt in strainer, pop the lid on and put in the fridge.
So much easier than messing around with cheesecloth.
on December 14, 2012
Wow, I thought I was really going to like this product, when I got it, I just couldn't wait to use it, what a product! A miracle little unit it is, Ive been using messy cheesecloth to make Greek yogurt and now I have this neat and tidy amazing unit that is such a little wonder! well made, great size..This is just as described and even better than I initially thought it would be, thanks !
Karen
on April 16, 2014
I'm very happy using this strainer after trying the cheese cloth and coffee filter method a couple of times.

I'm able to pour almost 1 litre of home-made yogurt into the strainer, and I can add the rest in an hour or two once some of the whey has run off. I usually leave the yogurt in the strainer for 12 hours, sometimes 24 hours if it's a bit less firm.

Unlike cheese cloth or coffee filters, the Greek yogurt separates easily from the strainer and is very easy to clean. I haven't tried putting it into the washing machine as it is very easy to wash by hand.
on December 27, 2013
I use this strainer frequently. It makes yogurt the texture of cream cheese.
Sometimes I mix flavouring into yogurt and then strain and some times I mix it in after.
My favorites are savoury chilli sauce, salt, lemon juice, and sweet as a cheese cake filling.