5.0 out of 5 stars The man!
Published on Dec 26 2002 by Cancer

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT GET THIS COPY......MISSING SONG
Superstarr Pt. Zero is not on this album. Don't get this copy. Get the album with the picture of him on the cover.
Published on Jan. 12 2004 by Lord Supreme

5.0 out of 5 stars The man!, Dec 26 2002
Cancer (Vancouver, B.C.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Exit (Audio CD)
Kheaven [k-os] was probably first commonly heard on the Rascalz track "On top of the World" and after that I really did not think much of him. The song was incredible but his flow was not that well defined by the song and I seem to remember thinking he was annoying. Then a year or so later I heard "Heaven Only Knows" on Muchmusic just at around the time I was becoming FED UP with the popification of much hip-hop. Even Swollen Members were beginning to sell-out with the re-release of Bad Dreams. In other words I was becomming very disgruntled with the hip-hop scene in general until it so happened that I found the whole EXIT album for download on a website. I always thought taking whole albums w/o intent to buy was stealing but I just told myself I would delete it when Im done listening. BUT I COULDNT STOP!!! Probably the most refreshing CD I own and I often feel for Americans just because it would be much harder for them to come across it. Easily every song brings something new and unexpected not just in style and delivery but even in genre. K-os easily flips betweem soft rock, R&B, and straight hip-hop sometimes all three in the same song. By far the thing that impressed me most of Kheaven was the voice this above-par Emcee had that just places him head-over-heels above anyone else. I went to a concert of his and highschool friend of his [Kamau, who does the answering machine freestyle at the end of track 10] to realize that this voice was not just studio produced as well but as natural as the rain. He broke into his show singing his own version of "Yesterday" and was the best concert I ever went to for only [$$$]!!! Oh yeah...did I mention he plays guitar and produces much of his own stuff too because he refuses sampling out of honour and love for his father?
Honestly though, despite this highly romanticized review, this guy is a total package and in buying this CD (if you are not afraid of a different brand of hip-hop) will be the best money you have ever spent. In retrospect I would have easily paid twice as much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Niiice, Dec 30 2004
This review is from: Exit (Audio CD)
Amazing album. Although it doesn't do as well as his second album, Joyful Rebellion, this CD isn't bad at all. He has a large variety music and the music shows his flexibilty and talent.
I would have given a 4 for this album if this were any other artist, but because of his originality and creativity, I'm givin this album a 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXIT, April 8 2004

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT GET THIS COPY......MISSING SONG, Jan. 12 2004
Lord Supreme (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread, Jan. 9 2004
mattaca (Boston, MA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Exit (Audio CD)
This is just one of those CDs you've got to hear to believe. I bought it yesterday based off my memory of Superstarr, Pt. Zero and Heaven Only Knows, and have listened to it four times through already. The entire CD is fantastic, full of original beats and tight rhymes that are hard to find the likes of. Two of my favorites so far are "Call Me" and "Neutroniks," but the whole CD if off the charts. The two best thing about K-OS?
1) How eclectic he is, incorporating so many different styles to create something truly unique.
2) Not only is he unique, but he's authentic. So much of mainstream hip-hop is arrogant - all about the jewels and girls and fame. K-OS is a true believer who brings it back to where the music is what matters. One of the only hip-hop CDs I've ever seen without the need for an "Explicit Lyrics" warning on the covers, which is so refreshing.
Even if you're not primarily a hip-hop fan, you'll love K-OS. Like Talib Kweli, he has the same ability to rhyme about stuff that matters and use his raw talent for something that's actually worth your while to listen to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect example of what Hip-Hop was and should still be., Oct. 24 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Exit (Audio CD)
I was a little apprehensive when i purchased the album but with only one listen, i knew it was meant to be.The first thing you notice is the amazing and hypnotizing beats. Its a combination of a acoustic guitar, strings, hip-hop and ascribed beats. It a mixture of Rap, R&B, Rock, Reggae, and hispanic influenced sounds. Once you get over beats you listen to the lyrics. His lyrics contain so much wisdom and experince. The conflusion of the two should be enough to persuade any true fan of "music" to buy the CD, but, his purpose of an apology towards the masses for Hip-Hop's negative impact on my generation and the proposal of his mission just give it such justifaction that you can't help but sympathize with him. There was just one problem with the album, it seems at times that he holds back of his true feelings which makes you question his true potential.

5.0 out of 5 stars K-os, one of the best, Feb. 13 2003
This review is from: Exit (Audio CD)
After spending years developing his music, K-os has finally released his first solo album. EXIT.. this cd is certainly not to be taken as an outro to K-os' music career... this is more of an exit from the more commercial and exposed realm of rap music. With fresh acoustic sounds and a mellow singing style, K-os brings Canadian hip hop to a new level. Every song on the cd is quality and you can hear his love for music in his voice. Don't get me wrong, this cd has chillin' appeal, but K-os can also spit some fearsome and thought out rhymes. He does so on songs such as 'follow me', 'freeze', 'fantastique' and also 'masquerade'. Tuning it down on notch, K-os delivers in 'call me', 'heaven only knows', 'patience' and one version of 'superstar'. For all you Canadian music lovers, this cd essential to your collection. Five Stars Earned. K-os!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant cd, Feb. 5 2003
niki (vancouver, canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Exit (Audio CD)
I've been waiting for a cd like this for a long time. Ever since Lauryn Hill's cd...i've had an urge to listen to substantial music that actually sends out an important message.K-os isn't an average hip hop artist...at least for the year 2003. Today hip hop artists are concerned about bling bling and getting girls. But K-os is different. If you just listen to his cd you'll understand, hes an extremely spirtual person and his music sounds raw and almost... innocent...(?) i love K-os he has great values and he says that he is on a "mission"...what is the mission? well many interpetations can come out of just listening to this cd.
Hes a brilliant rapper and he also has a beautful singing voice. Hid cd isn't all hip hip, he has a rock jam in there, some raggae and some r&b...he mixes interesting acoustic sounds on some of his tracks instead of studio produced beats. In "heaven Only knows" he uses accoustic guitar, some piano, and what sounds like a cello (?).. no commercial, studio produced beats....its raw and brilliant, i think its the best song on the album.
If you're into Lauryn hill, than i think you'll like this cd... and for anyone whos looking for something refreshing and positive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exit, Dec 14 2002
Jason_Jay_ P (Vancouver, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Exit (Audio CD)
I've waited for an album like this for a long time and i'm glad to see that it came out of Canada. K-OS is the all around artist: He writes his own lyrics, plays the guitar, hes an MC and even sings. Exit is an album constructed with intellect and experience. At A first listen you can easily hear the time and effort put into making this release. "Patience" one of my favorite tracks from the record, really connected to me at the time i first heard it, as i felt like he was writing a soundtrack to what was going on in my life at that time. "Call Me", "Superstar", "Masquerade" and "Follow Me" with fellow Canadian artist Red One (from the rascalz) are a few more of my favorites. If your looking for something different and artistically done well, then buy this album and support a revolution of quality and artistry. My only suggestion would be to have added Superstarr Pt 3 as a bonus track.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, Nov. 16 2002
This review is from: Exit (Audio CD)
K-os is a music fan's dreams come true. As a musician, MC, lyricist, the man is brilliant. This is an AMAZING album full of insight, and a rare grace. "Exit" is refreshing, full of energy and cleverly experimental.
I'm thrilled to have his talent added to the Canadian music scene. "Exit" is intelligent without compromising the sonic integrity of the album; the melodies and beats are gorgeously crafted. "Anthem" is a particularly insightful commentary, and the two versions of "Superstar" exhibit the musical dexterity of this artist.

Exit
Exit by K-Os (Audio CD - 2002)