5.0 out of 5 stars Great Soundtrack
I bought this soundtrack on a whim. I wasn't planning on it, and I wasn't expecting much. I saw Mr. Deeds in theatres, but I didn't remember any great music, but the soundtrack was on sale, so I bought it just because, and I'm glad I did. There's not a bad song on here, and heres a little run-down of what's on it...
1. Where Are You Going - Dave Matthews Band...
Published on Sept. 9 2003 by Woofboy

3.0 out of 5 stars Question?!!!?!?!
i thought this cd was alright, there was this one song that i hoped they had on there but they didn't. does anybody know the name of the song that is played in the background when Babe comes in at the basketball court and she starts crying?...
Published on Dec 22 2003

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Question?!!!?!?!, Dec 22 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars need help with a song, Nov. 6 2003
This review is from: Mr. Deeds (Audio CD)
This soundtrack is decent but I like the song when Sandler and the tennis guy are getting drunk with the hook "Let's Get Wasted." If anyone knows this song, please email me moematt10@hotmail.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Soundtrack, Sept. 9 2003
Woofboy "Woofboy" (Longwood, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr. Deeds (Audio CD)
1. Where Are You Going - Dave Matthews Band (5/5)- This song is a great start for the cd. It actually got me into Dave Matthews.
2. Sing - Travis (4/5)- Good song, but not as good as others.
3. Let My Love Open The Door - Pete Townshend (5/5)- I had never heard of Pete Townshend before, but I now know that he sings this great song. You've probably heard this song even if you've never heard of Townshend.
4. Sweetest Thing - U2 (5/5)- U2 is often deemed the greatest rock bands since the Beatles, so that says a lot. It also says that this song is good!
5. Wrong Impression - Natalie Imbruglia (4/5)- The only female singer on this cd. I liked the song, but it wasn't great.
6. Happy In The Meantime (remix) - Lit (4/5)- This song is just okay.
7. Island In The Sun - Weezer (5/5)- Possibly the best Weezer song of all time. The only problem with this song is that it's on so many other soundtracks.
8. Friends & Family - Trik Turner  (3/5)- My least favorite song on the cd. It's rock, but it seemed to be leaning towards rap.
9. Space Oddity - Adam Sandler & David Bowie (5/5)- A really good song about a man that goes into space. Very powerful lyrics.
10. Falling - Ben Kweller (4/5)
11. Go To Town - Counting Crows (5/5)- This and the first track are the best songs on the soundtrack. I got this song stuck in my head after hearing it, and went on an quest to find the counting crows cd that has this song on it. I couldn't find it, so I have a feeling that it was written just for this movie. Listen to the Lyrics. They do match! It also convinced me that Counting crows are talented and I now own 3 counting crows cds.
12. I've Seen All Good People - Yes (4/5)- Very old song. My dad knew it by heart from when he was in high school. It's a slow song which might be about a chess game depending on how you percieve it.
My review of the movie that this Soundtrack is from would be worse because of it's weak ending, but the soundtrack is still one of the best soundtracks I've heard.

5.0 out of 5 stars David Bowie and Travis - who could dislike this CD?, Aug. 22 2003
This review is from: Mr. Deeds (Audio CD)
I bought this CD before I even saw the movie - just on impulse. I am so glad I did. This was the best Sound Track I'd ever heard. Travis' Sing was beautiful; Bowie's classic Space Oddity was strange but definitely one that gets stuck in your head whether you want it to or not. It could have done without the Adam Sandler intro, but other than that... Any way, this CD was much better than the movie, and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who claims to have a good sense of taste in music.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Eclectic Collection, July 25 2003
Alexander Foley "genuinely interested" (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr. Deeds (Audio CD)
It's obvious some serious thought was put into the music for the motion picture Mr. Deeds. From new tracks (Dave Matthews' movie theme of Where Are You Going) to classic oldies like Space Oddity by David Bowie (Often called Major Tom) and Let My Love Open The Door by Peter Townshend, this CD seemingly has it all.
I prefer the track by track approach to reviewing an albulm, so I'll go that way here.
Where Are You Going - Dave Matthews Band
Definietly my favorite song on the track, DMB comes together with another great hit. The drums and change in tone throughout the song reflect the movie so well.
Sing - Travis
Although the intro was a bit disturbing (I thought my CD was damaged), the melody which ensues is intriguing. The banjo adds a great touch to an almost addicitive song.
Let My Love Open The Door - Peter Townshend
My family thought I was crazy when I was singing this song thoughout the house for at least a week after seeing the movie. Everyone knows why a classic like this is included on a CD.
Wrong Impression - Natalie Imbruglia
I had heard this song before I had listened to the album, and I'd have to say that it is probably one of my least favorite songs on the albulm, but you should really take that with a grain of salt because of this sheer quality of this albulm.
Happy in the Meantime - Lit
I wish this song would've had more play time in the movie, besides just as the third song in the credits. Another great song by Lit (who I thought was a one-hit wonder with their song My Own Worst Enemy), and I hope to hear more from them in the future.
Island in the Sun - Weezer
A nice break from the slowness of some of the other songs on the albulm, Weezer puts together a great guitar melody and some good lyrics to make a meaningful song.
Friends & Family - Trik Turner
This is the song which I think has the best sheer meaning on this albulm. I like the upbeat rock notes and the mixed vocals.
Space Oddity - Adam Sandler & David Bowie
Although this was one of my favorite parts of the movie, its placement as basically the original song on the CD was unwelcomed by me. It slowed down drastically the pace of what the CD had going, and the odd intro by Adam Sandler made it even less impressive.
Falling - Ben Kweller
The piano melody in this song, although simplistic, is perfect for the lyrics. I love the chorus, too, and all in all this song is great.
Go To Town - Counting Crows
This upbeat rock song (often called Goin' Down To New York Town), is a great example of how the Counting Crows can produce some great music. I love the guitar work, and the lyrics are so easy to understand and sing along. One of the best parts of the albulm.
I've Seen All Good People - Yes
This song was another departure from the tone throughout this albulm, and it was odd to hear it right after such a good Counting Crows song. Although it is a great classic song, I think I would've left this song off of the albulm for one of the other songs not included.
Some of the songs left off of the albulm include Mungo Jerry's In The Summertime (one of my all-time favorite songs, played in the background during one of Crazy Eye's scenes), and Tom Petty's You Don't Know How It Feels. I love both of these songs, and I wish they would've been included on the albulm.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK Movie - Makes for just an OK album!, July 2 2003
Some songs rock!

1.0 out of 5 stars OK if you can stand copy protected CDs, Jan. 10 2003
This review is from: Mr. Deeds (Audio CD)
The soundtrack is a fresh sampling of new music as well as all the major hits of the film. I purchased this CD used while shopping around a used record store. I like the compilation, however, once I got the thing home I couldn't play it on my computer orHome Theater DVD/CD player due to the copy protection. The enhanced portion is interesting for about 30 seconds, and the links lead you to the RCA site to get the first song by Dave Matthews in a 128kb MP3 file. I was hoping to upload these songs to my MP3 player and take them jogging, but now I think I'm going to sell it back to the second hand store. Obviously the copy protection is why it ended up there in the first place.

5.0 out of 5 stars you people, Oct. 24 2002
David Pass (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr. Deeds (Audio CD)
You people are crazy. The soundtrack rocks and so does the movie. That movie was great. You people are nuts.

4.0 out of 5 stars good but missing some songs, July 19 2002
This review is from: Mr. Deeds (Audio CD)
First off, to the person who was asking about the music with the harmonica that aired twice in the movie, that was a clip of Tom Petty's "You Don't Know How It Feels" from 1994's "Wildflowers" CD.
The CD is good, but it does leave songs out, such as the above-mentioned song. I love the new music, but perhaps soundtracks will sell better than they do when they aren't used just as a tool to promote new or current artists. That being said, this soundtrack is much better than some recent soundtracks, such as "American Pie 2" which left out two of the most prominently featured songs from the movie (Offspring's "Want You Bad" and Alien Ant Farm's "Smooth Criminal). So, buy this CD if you want to hear the tracks from groups like Lit, Weezer, and Counting Crows, but not if you want to hear songs from older artists that were in the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish the movie was as good!, July 15 2002
This review is from: Mr. Deeds (Audio CD)
This is a fabulous soundtrack! Its only too bad that the movie wasnt as good as this compilation.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb9797240)

Mr. Deeds
Mr. Deeds by Teddy Castellucci (Audio CD - 2002)