Most helpful positive review
on September 9, 2003
I bought this soundtrack on a whim. I wasn't planning on it, and I wasn't expecting much. I saw Mr. Deeds in theatres, but I didn't remember any great music, but the soundtrack was on sale, so I bought it just because, and I'm glad I did. There's not a bad song on here, and heres a little run-down of what's on it...
1. Where Are You Going - Dave Matthews Band (5/5)- This song is a great start for the cd. It actually got me into Dave Matthews.
2. Sing - Travis (4/5)- Good song, but not as good as others.
3. Let My Love Open The Door - Pete Townshend (5/5)- I had never heard of Pete Townshend before, but I now know that he sings this great song. You've probably heard this song even if you've never heard of Townshend.
4. Sweetest Thing - U2 (5/5)- U2 is often deemed the greatest rock bands since the Beatles, so that says a lot. It also says that this song is good!
5. Wrong Impression - Natalie Imbruglia (4/5)- The only female singer on this cd. I liked the song, but it wasn't great.
6. Happy In The Meantime (remix) - Lit (4/5)- This song is just okay.
7. Island In The Sun - Weezer (5/5)- Possibly the best Weezer song of all time. The only problem with this song is that it's on so many other soundtracks.
8. Friends & Family - Trik Turner (3/5)- My least favorite song on the cd. It's rock, but it seemed to be leaning towards rap.
9. Space Oddity - Adam Sandler & David Bowie (5/5)- A really good song about a man that goes into space. Very powerful lyrics.
10. Falling - Ben Kweller (4/5)
11. Go To Town - Counting Crows (5/5)- This and the first track are the best songs on the soundtrack. I got this song stuck in my head after hearing it, and went on an quest to find the counting crows cd that has this song on it. I couldn't find it, so I have a feeling that it was written just for this movie. Listen to the Lyrics. They do match! It also convinced me that Counting crows are talented and I now own 3 counting crows cds.
12. I've Seen All Good People - Yes (4/5)- Very old song. My dad knew it by heart from when he was in high school. It's a slow song which might be about a chess game depending on how you percieve it.
My review of the movie that this Soundtrack is from would be worse because of it's weak ending, but the soundtrack is still one of the best soundtracks I've heard.