5.0 out of 5 stars NERDS, COOLS, MY SIDE, YOUR SIDE, ITS BS !!
THIS MOVIE IS ONE OF THE GREATEST TEEN MOVIE'S EVER MADE. I just saw a preview the other day for a movie thats about to be released.. i think its called "Love Dont Cost A Thing" - and its a total rip off !!!! of Can't Buy me Love, just shows how their is no originality these days, they sample the hell out of music, now movies !!
Published on Dec 30 2003

1.0 out of 5 stars It was only in English....
If the movie was bilingual, I would like it for sure... This is existing in french on DVD???
I hope you can help me with this question
Thanks for your time
Published 19 months ago by Dominic De Carufel

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars its a great movie!!! Please make it available for sale, Sept. 27 1999
This review is from: Cant Buy Me Love (VHS Tape)
I really love this film. Theres just one problem I cant buy it anymore it appears.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the many masterpieces produced in the 1980's., Sept. 19 1999
This review is from: Cant Buy Me Love (VHS Tape)
This movie has everything you expect from an 80's film. Amazing characters, great music, and unforgetable one liners. "Tell him I'm washing my hair...out of the country."
This movie is pure entertainment, culminating in Ronnie's vindication "Hi Ronnie".
A must see.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous 80's movie, Sept. 18 1999
This review is from: Cant Buy Me Love (VHS Tape)
I adore this movie. It takes me back to when I was a little girl and idolized everything about high school in the 80's. Patrick Dempsey's performance is simply fabulous. It really makes you think about what you would do if you got a touch of popularity. It is similar to "Pretty In Pink" at times, but it is still a very relevent message. Overall, the movie is romantic and sweet. A funny, family-friendly flick that you'll enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best movie. I hope they re-release it., Sept. 11 1999
This review is from: Cant Buy Me Love (VHS Tape)
I first saw this movie on HBO. It really caught my eye and I want to buy it and add it to my dvd collection. The only problem is that they have stopped making copies of the VHS version. This means that they better start making it for the DVD version.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1980s classic!!!, Jan. 7 2004
momazon "cjd" (Astoria, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Can't Buy Me Love (DVD)
Patrick Dempsey plays nerdy Ronnie Miller, who is so on the outside of society at his high school that he is known simply as "Lawn Boy" because he mows everyone's lawn for his part-time job. He wants to be popular for his upcoming senior year, and he sees his chance when cheerleader Cindy Mancini is in a jam, having ruined her mother's suede outfit at a party and needing $1000 to replace it.
Ronnie happens to be at the mall at the same time, purchasing a new telescope with his lawn-mowing money when he sees Cindy's dilemma. He offers to pay for the new outfit if she will pretend to be his girlfriend for a month and introduce him to the popular circle.
Although this seems completely crazy to Cindy, she does it (after a great little makeover -- quite the staple of 1980s teen movies!) She even starts to like Ronnie as a person, until popularity goes to his head.
People are lemmings and will believe whatever they are told, particularly in the classic scene where Ronnie starts doing the "African Anteater Dance" which he saw on a show he mistook for 'American Bandstand'. Everyone at the school dance follows him instantly.
Don't miss a very young Seth Green as Ronnie's annoying brother! He is great as a smarmy kid!

1.0 out of 5 stars Regarding no WIDESCREEN, Oct. 2 2002
Glenn M. Schoditsch (Richmond, Virginia USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Can't Buy Me Love (DVD)
This is Disney's reply as to why this and most of their live action releases are in full screen format. They say that DVD is ready for TVs of the future, which are widescreen. TVs of the future? What century are they living in? Check the Disney web site under FAQ. Do as many have suggested. Don't buy until they come up with a release in it's OAR!

1.0 out of 5 stars love this movie, Sept. 6 2002
This review is from: Can't Buy Me Love (DVD)
As a member of this time period, I loved this movie and recommend it to all the teenagers who work for me in place of the, "She's all That" which I felt was just not as good as this. I must agree that until this movie appears in the Widescreen version I am not interested but will be first in line when and if it does. I only buy widescreen in dvd and dvd is all I buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars No widescreen, no sale, Aug. 31 2002
tmm (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Can't Buy Me Love (DVD)
This is an excellent movie, and I would buy it in a second, were it not for the fact that it's only available in 'full-screen' (pan & scan) format. I want the whole picture! Until then, i'm not buying.

1.0 out of 5 stars For the DVD, Aug. 29 2002
"gibraud" (Braintree, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Can't Buy Me Love (DVD)
Why is this not on Widescreen? Why does Disney think everyone wants it on Fullscreen? I think someone should start a petition for a Widescreen version to this movie.

1.0 out of 5 stars No widescreen?, Aug. 17 2002
This review is from: Can't Buy Me Love (DVD)
I was really looking forward to buying this DVD when it was released until I saw that it was fullscreen only. I refuse to buy the DVD until they release it in widescreen.

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

Can't Buy Me Love
Can't Buy Me Love by Steve Rash (DVD - 2004)
CDN$ 6.25 CDN$ 5.97