5.0 out of 5 stars Family Christmas Tradition
This is a great Movie that my Husband and I watch every year at Christmas.
Published on Nov. 24 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Try, But Misses The Target...
Let me say right off...Whitney Houston is, without question, an extraordinarily gifted singer and Denzel Washington is one of Hollywood's best boxoffice draws...and, not without reason. But, those facts aren't enough to save this picture.
Those who have seen this film and have not seen its predecessor, "The Bishop's Wife," have only seen the inadequate...
Published on Dec 17 2000 by Greg

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Family Christmas Tradition, Nov. 24 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Preacher's Wife (DVD)
This is a great Movie that my Husband and I watch every year at Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Heart-Filled Christmas Movie!, May 4 2003
This review is from: The Preacher's Wife DVD (DVD)
Another Christmas must-have for the family. It a film about a misguided preacher who gets guidance from a gardinan angel who helps him, his church and his family have faith again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Movie, Dec 23 2002
This review is from: The Preacher's Wife DVD (DVD)
Without question, this has to be a movie that rates with "It's a Wonderful Life"; but contrary to the editors view, this one is a keeper. I've watched it at least three times this Christmas season on WGN. Perhaps if people like the editor cared less for violent films, he might see the real meaning in this classic film. I rate it first class all the way!

5.0 out of 5 stars great christmas movie!, Oct. 30 2002
Angie (New Glasgow, Nova Scotia Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Preacher's Wife DVD (DVD)
I was surprised, this was strange for me.. I normally like the classic verision of a movie so much better then the newer verision but with this movie (altho I do recommend to everyone to see The Bishops Wife) I liked the Preachers Wife better.
I think this is an adorable, classic movie, that can help get anyone in the Christmas spirit, I would recommend watching it with someone you love!

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD Review, Aug. 22 2002
This review is from: The Preacher's Wife DVD (DVD)
Before buying the Dvd, I looked everywhere to find a review about it but I couldn't find any. So now that I bought it, I'm writing this for those who like me are looking for some details.
The DVD includes the following:
-Interactive Menus
-Scene Selections (with a photo for each of the 22 chapters that you can surf on 6 pages)
-Set Up (choosing captions for the hearing impaired in english, in other words subtitles)
-A Sneak Peak of the movie "Beaches".
-The picture is in widescreen 1:85 ration, the sound is Dolby 5.0 Surround.
I love the movie and I think it's one of the most positive, uplifting movies of all-time. It's great for christmas, the music is great and it has such a great message. This movie will make you smile from start to finish.
The sound and picture quality are decent. They are not excellent but overall they look solid. However I don't have Dolby 5.0 Surround to test how it sounds, I have just normal tv. Anyways I would've liked more features, maybe a French audio track, but I guess Buena Vista always releases older movie without investing too much. I heard that some of their Dvds have horrible sound/picture, thank God that for The Preacher's Wife it's ok. Also I don't understand the point of putting the "Beaches" sneak peak, they should've either put The Preacher's Wife trailers instead or put many other Sneak peak not only one because it looks weird.
For those who love the movie, I recommend that you buy the DVD. This is a *GREAT* movie and if you have the slightest interest in the story, or if you like "christmas movies", "denzel washington", "whitney houston", "gospel music", "comedy & romance", "feel good movies", etc. then pick it up right away!

5.0 out of 5 stars They still make family movies, Aug. 17 2002
"mniestradt" (Avila Beach, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Preacher's Wife DVD (DVD)
Every day I hear, "They just don't make family movies any more". Well, they are wrong. Yes, they are few and far between, but they do still make them and I, personally, appreciate those who write, produce, direct and perform in these movies; especially in a time when even the ratings on movies don't truly define the content of the movie as they once did. Remake or no, this is a wonderful family movie--it inspires, teaches, uplifts and entertains with quality performaces of all involved. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Preachers Wife, Jan. 2 2014
This review is from: The Preacher's Wife DVD (DVD)
I loved the singing and the humor
Good cast of characters
Nice to remeber Whitney Houston that way in a positive light
She had such an amazing voice
Love denzel washington's acting such atalented actor

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas Movie, March 19 2012
This review is from: The Preacher's Wife DVD (DVD)
The movie simply can't be beat. Christmas, music, story-line and actors, all excellent. No problem with shipping either. A really good movie for all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Christmas movie!, Dec 5 2002
S. McElligott (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Preacher's Wife DVD (DVD)
Contrary to what the reviewer that Amazon.com used has to say, I loved this movie. Maybe it's because my love of gospel music. Maybe it's because I'm a hopeless romantic. Whatever the reason, this movie is just one of those "feel good movies" that you can watch over and over and over again. I love Denzel's character and he portrays the angel in such a light hearted way. Whitney Houston does her usual magnificent heavenly music and the supporting cast is great as well. Yes, it's a simple story. But it will be well worth your time to watch it over and over again. If not for the story, then for the music. If you love gospel music, I highly recommend the soundtrack as well. It's wonderful! Do yourself a favor this Christmas, and pick up a copy of this DVD. You won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Movie., Sept. 20 2002
R. Love "primemaiden" (Desoto,Texas USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Preacher's Wife DVD (DVD)
I love Denzel Washington's movies. This one being a keeper.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Preacher's Wife DVD
The Preacher's Wife DVD by Penny Marshall (DVD - 2002)
CDN$ 6.25