4.0 out of 5 stars Good -- but missing some parts
I always loved this movie, so was excited to finally add it to my DVD collection! However, when I watched it I realized they had cut some stuff out -- like one of the songs! If you're a true Muppet Christmas Carol fan, I'd buy the older version.

Published on Jan. 6 2011 by e-beth

1.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe it
Published on Dec 26 2003 by idefix7

4.0 out of 5 stars Good -- but missing some parts, Jan. 6 2011

if you've never seen it, it's a fantastic family movie and one of the best versions of this story I've ever seen. You can watch it over and over again and still see something new in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE DELETED SCENE IS ACTUALLY INCLUDED ON THIS DVD IN THE FULL FRAME VERSION., Nov. 25 2010
We wanted to replace our old VHS version of this movie with the DVD and so we bought this one...at the beginning of the film we chose to watch the Widescreen Version and noticed that one of the scenes was missing. I was disappointed about this, but upon further investigation found that the Full Frame Version included on this DVD has the deleted scene in it...so now we are extremely happy to own it on DVD:)

1.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe it, Dec 26 2003
Ce commentaire est de: The Muppet Christmas Carol (DVD)
I really can't believe it. I've waited for so long for this DVD and now I know that it is a "edited version" of the original film. WHAT? I should buy a cutted version of the movie? Are you crazy? Selling this, Walt Disney is fooling us all. It's like to buy a "Mona Lisa" by Leonardo da Vinci with just the face and without the body, the hands and the mountains. I wonder what you guys had in mind. One of the most beautiful film ruined by someone without brain. They' ve even cut some scenes!!! I'm sorry for Amazon, but I hope nobody will buy this dvd until the Disney band will reflect on their deeds and their sins. And this is even a special edition, yeah, a special trick. And someone still wonder why people keep downloading the films in internet...

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Muppets, June 11 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Timeless entertainment! Classic story told by classic Muppet characters, family friendly, great music. Excellent price on this product, great addition to holiday movies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, March 10 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
This has to be the best series of DVD's every produced. Classic Muppets. Not only for kids, but will appeal to adults also.

4.0 out of 5 stars still scary, March 8 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I bought this DVD because I thought it would tell the Dickens story in a nonscary way. The children that saw the movie with me still found the ghosts scary. I think that if the children were older (8 or so) it would be fine but the six year olds thought it was scary. The show itself was well made.

4.0 out of 5 stars Missing a song!!, March 4 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I am incredibly sad that the song 'when love is gone' has been removed and is not even in the extras! Why? It cause a disjointed point in the movie. I wanted to show my kids the progression that shows in the character while the song is sung. Very sad.
I would wait to see if itunes or another version comes out with the whole movie or at least these big part of the movie is in the bonus features. But... this is a really family friendly way to introduce this book to your children. Great ways to discuss what the children felt or thought during different part.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this movie, Feb. 15 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
This is the best Christmas movie! Got this bluray for my partner who had gotten me the dvd for our first Christmas. If havent' seen this version you are missing out

5.0 out of 5 stars love this movie, Jan. 19 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
lost a lot of movies in the fire we had and this is another one of them so bit by bit we are finding them on amazon and getting our faves back again. we missed watching this one at Christmas for two years as it is a traditional favorite with us so we loved having it back again. thanks amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Christmas Movie Ever, Jan. 9 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
This is the greatest version of A Christmas Carol You will ever watch.
It is awesome. Not just for kids but for adult kids as well.

The Muppet Christmas Carol
The Muppet Christmas Carol by Brian Henson (DVD - 2002)
CDN$ 59.05