Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Cycling Tools minions

The Muppet Christmas Carol
Format: DVDChange
Price:$93.38+$3.49shipping

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(2 star)show all reviews
on April 13, 2003
Okay, Many a folk has wondered why this long anticipated DVD is in fullscreen rather than widescreen. Here's my answer:
In the original movie there were more scenes. For example, when scrooge is at his desk in the beginning and beaker and his budy come in, they are supposed to sing a song. The same with the Eagle when Scrooge goes to christmases past and is with the the eagle. These songs, along with other scenes, were omitted in the VHS edition which many have come to love because they forgot about the original songs.
I suspect this is also why the soundtrack is amost impossible to find. I got it when the theatre version came out, but I haven't seen it since! Both of the deleted songs are on the tape though!
Hopefully the execs will get their heads on straight and release a good DVD, otherwise I recommend sticking with the video until other notice!
Although I gave the DVD 2-stars, the movie in itself if a muppet classic and very good!
on March 11, 2002
Something is just not right when you mix "muppets" and "drama" together. The dark and dreary setting only enhances the unsettling mood of this movie. Neither my kids nor I have ever really enjoyed it, though we've tried with multiple viewings. We still prefer the first Muppet Movie much more.
on December 10, 2002
Picture quality is OK, but not great. It is cropped so it doesn't show the full picture we saw in the cinema. Disney chose to mention this in extremely tiny print on the back of the box.
I'm waiting until it comes out in widescreen.
on October 6, 2002
This film is one of the Christmas classics and a favorite of our whole family's. The film deserves "5-stars." However, Disney chose to release "pan-and-scan" only for the DVD. Since pan-and-scan chops off the sides so that the movie is the same aspect ratio as a standard TV, we're only seeing half of the film. Therefore, I can give this "VHS with chapter stops" version of the film no more than two stars.
Disney should be ashamed of themselves, ... ruining such a wonderful film with a sub-par DVD release. I was really looking forward to seeing this film as it was seen in the theaters (i.e. in WIDESCREEN). Maybe another year.
Perhaps Disney is letting art imitate life. Perhaps, ... just perhaps, ... they will turn over a new leaf like Ebeneezer Scrooge and start releasing films in their Original Aspect Ratio!!
We can only dream.