biss boutiques-francophones Learn more vd2016beauty Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: DVDChange
Price:$96.22+ $3.49 shipping

on September 15, 2002
This is an absolutely superb movie. It balances a sincere story with absurd Muppet hilarity with incredible skill. My only wish for it now is to have a widescreen version. The VHS "full screen" version reduces the camera work to the point that it looks like a camera-wielding hamster could have done better. There are always cropped Muppets lurking at the edges of the screen. Come on Disney! Get your act together. Two versions, double sided, whatever ... just hurry up with a widescreen version.
on September 12, 2002
No matter what your age Dicken's timeless classic is one the whole family will enjoy. I highly recommend it for anyone who is a child at heart. It will melt the heart of even an Ebenezar Scrooge!
on August 3, 2002
This is a great Christmas Tradition ranking right up their with Mickey's Christmas Carol. Probably the last great muppet movie the Jim Henson company made.
on June 24, 2002
This is a great kid's adaptation of a classic book. With a combination of actors and muppets, this movie mixes family-friendly comidy and a little Dickens drama. However I think the best part of this movie is the songs, which are very cute and memorable.
My only warning is that the ghost of future Christmas' might be a little scary for very young kids. I probably wouldn't reccommend this movie for kids younger then seven.
on May 29, 2002
"Muppet's Christmas Carol" manages the almost impossible task of merging Dicken's haunting ghost story of loss and redemption with Henson's style of wacky, screwball comedy and Muppets. I was not expecting to like this movie as much as I do.
Michael Cain is well suited to the role of Ebenezer Scrooge, and plays the character as the nasty old man that Scrooge is. It takes an actor of his caliber to threaten Muppets! The Muppets themselves are in full form, ranging from familiar faces like Kermit the Frog and Mrs. Piggy, to characters created just for the Christmas Carol. Sadly, this is the first Muppet movie after the passing of Jim Henson, but Steve Whitmire fills his shoes just fine. Of all the characters, the Ghost of Christmas Past is my favorite. The aging giant is as amiable as any live actor to play the part.
Suprisingly, the musical numbers are quite catchy and enjoyable. I would happily buy a soundtrack version. Much of the original Dickens dialog is retained, and there is no attempt to soften or update the story. It is an abridged version, and most of the usual cuts happen.
This has become as much a Holiday classic for my family as "It's a Wonderful Life" or "White Christmas."
on May 15, 2002
Ever since I was eight or so, I can remember my family and I watching this movie each Christmas. Some people would think that this would get repedative and boring. But each time, I notice a new joke or something i missed before.
The movie tells Dicken's story great, with all the main characters included and the story pretty much the same. Gonzo, Kermit, Piggy, Rizzo, Fozzie, theyre all there. The music is awesome, to say the least. I find myself humming along to the songs when I watch. It is very funny, as it is the muppets. It is a great portrayal of this old tale.
In short, this movie is definately worth buying.
on May 15, 2002
The songs in this movie tend to stick with you. The first time I watched this movie I wasn't impressed - because I think the George C. Scott portrayal of Scrooge is the best. But the second veiwing - when I wasn't comparing it to any other Scrooge versions made it more likeable and eventually, over the years, it has become one of the only movies my family can agree on that they "have to" watch during Christmas.
"Where ever you find love, it feels like Christmas" is a sentiment that would do us all good throughout the rest of the year!
on March 11, 2002
Something is just not right when you mix "muppets" and "drama" together. The dark and dreary setting only enhances the unsettling mood of this movie. Neither my kids nor I have ever really enjoyed it, though we've tried with multiple viewings. We still prefer the first Muppet Movie much more.
on January 22, 2002
This movie embodies all the best of Dickens and Jim Henson. The movie is clever, cute, enjoyable, easy to follow, funny, a little scary (but not too much for preschoolers) and faithful to Dickens' story. All of my children enjoyed this movie and I was happy to have them watch it! Adults and kids can enjoy this movie. My children were motivated to read the Dickens' story! - that alone is a recommendation for a film!
on December 21, 2001
I enjoy this movie as much as any that I have ever watched. The music is wonderful, the characters are so perfectly cast, and the story is timeless. It is easily my favorite Christmas movie.