5.0 out of 5 stars Muppets' Christmas Carol, Wildly Wrong Yet Remarkably Right
Being a literature professor who specialized in Charles Dickens, I have had a number of people mention in a teasing way "The Muppets Christmas Carol." They expect me to burst an artery in fury and indignation and are surprised to find me not only acknowledging the film but also praising it. One would think that someone who cherishes the original story as...
Published on Jan. 6 1997

3.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas Classic! Disappointing DVD!
A full five-stars for the wonderful "The Muppet Christmas Carol." I am amazed that a fresh and interesting take can be found on the often re-made Charles Dickens's "A Christmas Carol." Muppet movies are hit-or-miss at best, and this one is either the top 1 or 2.
Michael Caine is brilliant as Scrooge, and the combination of the completely...
Published on Dec 2 2003 by Zack Davisson

‹ Previous | 112 13 1417 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, Jan. 5 2010
I was so happy to have found this dvd but was disappointed that it is a cut version. NOwhere does it say it is an abridged version. Very disappointing as I really wanted the entire movie.

3.0 out of 5 stars This Blu-Ray does NOT include the theatrical full screen version which contains the song "When Love Is Gone", Dec 15 2014
Buyer beware. This Blu-Ray does NOT include the theatrical full screen version which contains the song "When Love Is Gone". Disney screwed fans of the extended cut. Thanks, Disney.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS MOVIE, Nov. 1 1999
"lel468" (Moody, AL USA) - See all my reviews
I saw this movie when I was in the fourth grade and my best friend and I still watch it every Veterans Day to start off the holiday season. It's tradition. Everyone should buy this movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy, Jan. 8 2012
Watching this dvd is a tradition for our family at Christmas. We lost our video but thanks to Amazon we were able to get this in plenty of time for Christmas. Thanks so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Muppets, June 11 2014
Timeless entertainment! Classic story told by classic Muppet characters, family friendly, great music. Excellent price on this product, great addition to holiday movies.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, Dec 4 2012
everyone should own two versions of a christmas carol, the Alister Sim verson and this one. ok , maybe the Blackadder version as well if you have a dark sense of humour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Family Movie, Jan. 2 2000
By A Customer
The Muppet's Cristmas Carol is a great holiday movie for the family. It is entertaining, yet not childly obnoxious. There is comedy on all levels for everybody to enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pieces missing but still a delightful movie, Jan. 6 2011
This film has been a family favorite and a Christmas tradition since my two adult children were young. This year we made the leap from our old VHS copy to the DVD. We were disappointed to find that scenes and songs had been cut from the original version, particularly the song "The Love is Gone" sung by the character of Belle when she leaves Scrooge as part of Christmas Past.

Other than this inexplicable reduction, the film is still touching and funny. It is a great introduction to the Dickens tale for the very young while still entertaining the young at heart.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice family viewing, Feb. 21 2013
We like this movie, not an all time fav but a nice Christmas movie. I do find several of the scenes on the dark side (lighting - not content) Gotta love the muppets!

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas must-have, Oct. 27 2013
For young ones and old ones, this Muppets adaptation is filled with humor and still repects the ambiance of the classic story. I am a fan, je vous le recommande!

‹ Previous | 112 13 1417 | Next ›

The Muppet Christmas Carol
The Muppet Christmas Carol by Brian Henson (DVD - 2002)
CDN$ 90.49