5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Hits 2002 - My Opinion
1.Fat Joe featuring Ashanti - What's Luv? Cool song, I like Fat Joe's music, I hope he has more coming. A+
2.Tweet featuring Miss Elliot. I LIKE it a lot. Especially what the song is about. LOL! A
3.Pink - Get the Party Started. Cool Song,Pink's music ROCKS!! A+
4.Brandy - What About Us? Good choice, the video is odd but I don't care. A-
5.Craig David...
Published on Feb. 17 2003 by reds44

3.0 out of 5 stars The Best Since the First One
The first "Totally Hits" back in 1999 was definitely the best of this series, but this one is quite good too. "Totally Hits 2002" manages quite a nice variety of hits from early 2002. Here's my low-down on the tracks:
Published on Feb. 1 2003 by Aaron

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars My Review For Totally Hits 2002, June 24 2004
By A Customer
1. What's Luv - Fat Joe (This song is repetitive with a haunting beat) C
2. Oops (Oh My) - Tweet (I love Tweet, but I don't like this song) D
3. Get The Party Started - Pink (Pink is the coolest, period)A
4. What About Us - Brandy (I don't like this song it is also repetitive.)
5. 7 Days - Craig David (This is a good song) A+
6. Young'n - Fabolous (This is one of the best songs on the CD) A+
7. The Whole World - Outkast (I love Outkast and all of their songs) A+
8. Everywhere - Michelle Branch (I strongly dislike Michelle Branch and all of her songs) F
9. Wherever You Will Go - The Calling (This song is really cool) B
10.Wasting My Time - Default (I really like this song) A
11. Youth Of The Nation - (This song has a really nice beat) A+
12. Hands Clean - Alanis Morrisette (This song is okay) B
13. Wrong Impression - Natalie Imbruglia (An okay song, not the best on the CD) B-
14. Standing Still - Jewel (I don't really like this song) C
15. We Fit Together - O-Town (The words are okay but I don't like the music) B
16. I Love You - Faith Evans (I love this song and it's words) A+
17. A Woman's Worth - Alicia Keys (I love Alicia Keys. She is a wonderful singer. Great song) A+
18. Can't Fight The Moonlight - Leann Rimes (Great singer and I like the movie it's in) A
19. Pass the Courvoisier Part II - Busta Rhymes (Nice beat and a good song) A
20. Anything - Jaheim (The words to this song are really sweet. Nice song) A

4.0 out of 5 stars My review for: Totally Hits 2002, March 22 2004
This review is from: Totally Hits 2002 (Audio CD)
OK, here's my good review of this. Here goes:
1. Fat Joe featuring Ashanti- What's Luv (4/5) I love this jam, but it got overplayed. They could've put the one with Ja Rule instead...
2. Tweet featuring Missy Elliot- Oops (Oh My) (3/5) OK tune, it gets annoying sometimes, but, I like it.
3. P!NK- Get The Party Started (5/5) Love this tune, im glad they put the orignal on here! I do like the Sweet Dreams melody of this better, and thats on Now 9, but, this is still awsome.
4. Brandy- What About Us (4/5) I like this song from Brandy, and I think she sounds MUCH more mature than she used to, a more serious voice. I hope she comes back with something new!
5. Craig David- 7 Days (4/5) I didn't like this much when I 1st heard it, but, it grew on me. Nice, OK ballad.
6. Fabolous- Young'n (Holla Back) (5/5) My favorite song on the CD! Fabolous at his best. "Holla back, Young'n Hoo Hoo!"
7. Outkast featuring Killer Mike- Whole World (2/5) OK song by Outkast, but, it gets VERY annoying often... And, Killer Mike isnt too good on this.
8. Michelle Branch- Everywhere (4/5) 1st song by Michelle. OK. It used to get overplayed, though.
9. Calling- Wherever You Will Go (5/5) I love this song, even though it got overplayed. Who cares. This is great.
10. Default- Wasting My Time (5/5) Great song by Default, this didn't get too overplayed. Thanks for producing this, Chad Kroger!
11. P.O.D.- Youth of The Nation (4/5) Good, heavy ballad from P.O.D. I like it when the kids sing later.
12. Alanis Morsette- Hands Clean (2/5) Very boring and annoying song from Alanis. Its OK. Why did they put this though?
13. Natilie Imbruglia- Wrong Impression (5/5) Good song, even though she has a very diffrent voice on this than she had on Torn. Awsome tune anyway!
14. Jewel- Standing Still (4/5) This gets boring rarely, but, its nice.
15. O-Town- We Fit Together (4/5) Although this wasnt a hit from them, this is a good O-Town song.
16. Faith Evans- I Love You (4/5) Great love song from Faith Evans.
17. Alicia Keys- A Woman's Worth (1/5) UGH! I dont like this song at all. Worst from Alicia. Its pointless and annoying.
18. Leann Rimes- Can't Fight the Moonlight (Remix) (3/5) One of Leean's best, although played out. It got a bit boring. I wonder why they put this on too?
19. Busta Rhymes featuring P. Diddy and Pharrel Willams- Pass The Courvorsier (Remix) (5/5) Awsome, funny song by Busta, and, Pharrel and Diddy are great, too!
20. Jahiem featuring Next- Anything (4/5) Pretty song by Jahiem. But, it got a little played out. I like Next.
So, buy this, NOW! Some tracks are boring, but, its much better than Totally Hits 1!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Hits 2002 - My Opinion, Feb. 17 2003
"reds44" (Signal Mountain,TN) - See all my reviews
3.Pink - Get the Party Started. Cool Song,Pink's music ROCKS!! A+
4.Brandy - What About Us? Good choice, the video is odd but I don't care. A-
5.Craig David - 7 Days. Another good choice,I like craig David. A
6.Fabolous - Holla Back. Cool rap song.1 of my favorites. A+
7.Outkast - The Whole World. My favorite on the CD. A+
8.Michelle Branch - Everywhere. I don't like this song, and it's way too old to be on the CD. F
9.The Calling - Wherever You Will You Go. Good Choice, I hope the Calling has mor hits coming. A
10.Default - Wasting My Time. Another good choice, I like this song. A
11.P.O.D. - Youth Of A Nation. Cool beat and sends a true message. A
12.Alanis Morisette - Hands Clean. I HATE this song!!! It's pointless!!! F
13.Natalie Imbruglia - Wrong Impression. Good choice. A
14.Jewel - Standing Still. Another good choice. A
15.O-Town - We Fit Together. I like this song too. A
16.Faith Evans - I Love You. I'm not good with mushy,slow music. D
17.Alicia Keys - A woman's Worth. I don't like this song at all. This song is also too old to be on the CD. F
18.Leann Rhimes - Can't Fight the Moonlight. OK song, catchy beat. A
19.Busta Rymes - Pass the Courovoisier. Cool Song, catchy tune. A
20.Jaheim - Anything. Good song, but it's too slow. C+

3.0 out of 5 stars The Best Since the First One, Feb. 1 2003
This review is from: Totally Hits 2002 (Audio CD)
1. What's Luv: (5/5) I am not a big rap fan by any means, but this is a kick butt song. The beat and backround music are what makes it along with Ashanti on the chorus. I just tune out Fat Joe and his gibberish.
2. Oops (Oh My): (4/5) Hmmm...not bad. But Tweet is an Aaliyah rip-off. No one can take her place.
3. Get the Party Started: (5/5) THE party anthem of 2002. The biggest hit of Pink's career. Awesome track.
4. What About Us: (5/5) Brandy's top 10 comeback single. Her "Never Say Never" work was better, but the song has a cool beat and unique chorus.
5. 7 Days: (3/5) This guy has a great voice and I like this song better than his first single, but it was overrated and overplayed.
6. Young 'n: (1/5) Blah!
7. The Whole World: (4/5) Cool and unque hip hop song. Hip hop needs more of this spice.
8. Everywhere: (4/5) Good song, but very overplayed. "All You Wanted" is better and would've been a better choice for this compilation. Still, good pop.
9. Wherever You Will Go: (3.5/5) Shocker! Another very overplayed song. Very Goo Goo Dolls-ish. Catchy chorus though. Defiitely a big one of 2002.
10. Wasting My Time: (1/5) I hated this song. It was overplayed and very annoying. Thankfully, they are a one hit wonder.
11. Youth of the Nation: (3/5) I rarely like this sort of the music, but this song is oddly appealing. Mostly, it's the chorus.
12. Hands Clean: (4/5) Good song, a moderate hit for Alanis. Cool pop/rock track.
13. Wrong Impression: (5/5) The highlight of the whole album. This song was only a minor hit missing the top 40 but it was one of the catchiest songs of the year. Fantastic chorus. This song is just as good as her first hit "Torn." WHY WASN'T IT HUGE???
14. Standing Still: (4/5) Slightly overplayed, but Jewel sounds so great on it, it can be overlooked. Nice addition.
15. We Fit Together: (2/5) It's the perverted BSB knock-offs at their most annoying. I'm a huge pop lover and the only reason i give it 2 stars is bcuz of that.
16. I Love You: (2/5) Yawn
17. A Woman's Worth: (3/5) Alicia tries to live up to her first and best song "Fallin" and doesn't exactly fal considering this song was a pretty big hit, but it's not that great.
18. Can't Fight the Moonlight: (5/5) Diane Warren strikes again! Fantastic pop song, catchy as hell, and a big hit for Leann. Helped keep pop alive in 2002.
19. Pass the Courvoisier: (1/5) Ditto to track #6.
20. Anything: (1/5) See above.
For someone looking for variety, this is a good buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, Dec 11 2002
Kurt (fjlksghlashgoljfville) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Totally Hits 2002 (Audio CD)
I'm not really a big fan of compilations. And I don't own this CD, but I like some songs on it. The top 5 (in my opinion, in order) are:
1. Youth of the Nation-P.O.D. This song needs no comment.
2. What's Luv-Fat Joe. Cool song.
3. Wasting My Time-Default. I like this song. Cool hook.
4. Wherever You Will Go-The Calling. A bit overplayed, but still good.
5. Get The Party Started-Pink. Got too overplayed, but like 4, still kinda good.
Grade:C+

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, Dec 11 2002
Kurt (fjlksghlashgoljfville) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Totally Hits 2002 (Audio CD)
1. Youth of the Nation-P.O.D. This song needs no comment.
2. What's Luv-Fat Joe. Cool song.
3. Wasting My Time-Default. I like this song. Cool hook.
4. Wherever You Will Go-The Calling. A bit overplayed, but still good.
5. Get The Party Started-Pink. Got too overplayed, but like 4, still kinda good

4.0 out of 5 stars Much Better Than Now 9 And 10, Aug. 13 2002
C. Shafran (College Park, Maryland United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Totally Hits 2002 (Audio CD)
"Totally Hits 2002" is much more satisfying than the last two "Now" compilations. It looks like we'll get only one "TH" compilation per year. One the one hand, they're missing out on some big tunes such as Madonna's "Don't Tell Me", Matchbox Twenty's "If You're Gone", Outkast's "Ms. Jackson", P.O.D.'s "Alive", and all of Pink's follow-ups to "Most Girls" and "Get The Party Started". On the other hand, we're left with compilations with little filler and some fun tunes, which TH2K2 has. The best samplings here are the women's songs and the R & B and hip-hop (better than TH2K1). We could still use a lttle more rock.1. WHAT'S LUV-A fun danceable tune which sort of echoes the success of those Ja Rule duets we've had recently. Ashanti has a nice voice. (4/5)2. OOPS (OH MY)-Also kind of fun. Can get annoying if you play it too much. (3.5/5)3. GET THE PARTY STARTED-Awesome party tune. Much better than that awful remix on "Now 9". (5/5)4. WHAT ABOUT US-I like Brandy, but I wasn't crazy about this. (2/5)5. 7 DAYS-Another sweet R & B entry from this Brit. Like his other tunes, this was a hit 1 1/2 years ago in the U.K. (4/5)6. YOUNG'N (HOLLA BACK)-The first of two Neptunes-produced rap tunes. The production makes this fun to dance to, but I wish Fabulous would find something else to rap about than the same old gangsta and bling-bling that's been done a million times before. (3/5)9. THE WHOLE WORLD-The pioneers of Southern rap have done it again. (4.5/5)8. EVERYWHERE-Women have been coming back to the pop scene after a few down years and this is a perfect example. (4.5/5)9. WHEREVER YOU WILL GO-Good rock ballad. (4/5)10. WASTING MY TIME-This was a hit in Canada about 6 months before it charted in the states. (4/5)11. YOUTH OF THE NATION-Terrific, inspirational rock from P.O.D. (5/5)12. HANDS CLEAN-A sort-of comeback from Alanis. Pretty good, but nowhere near the impact of her "Jagged Little Pill" album. (3.5/5) 13. WRONG IMPRESSION-Another woman who had hits in the 90's (like Alanis and Jewel) trying to be heard in the 00's. This one wasn't too memorable. (2/5)14. STANDING STILL-A little better than the previous two entries. (4/5)15. WE FIT TOGETHER-I guess TH had to have a boy band on this disc. Not nearly as good as "All or Nothing", but better than the sickening "Liquid Dreams". (2/5)16. I LOVE YOU-Good, slow R & B. (3.5/5)17. A WOMAN'S WORTH-Okay folow-up to "Falling". (3/5)18. CAN'T FIGHT THE MOONLIGHT-This is sort of a dance remix of the original from the "Cowboy Ugly" soudtrack and it works better. (4.5/5)19. PASS THE COURVOISIER, PART 2-This is another fun party rap tune and an even better video. Pay attention to Pharrell Williams, the singer of the chorus, the lead singer of N.E.R.D., the leader of The Neptunes' production team, and a fast-rising star in the hip-hop industry. (4.5/5)20. ANYTHING-Another okay R & B ballad. (3/5)This once-a-year strategy seems to be working as "Totally Hits 2002" is the best-selling of the lot and is outselling "Now 10". More importantly, it's free of the boring filler and bad songs that have sank the last few "Now"s.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Mix, July 8 2002
Robby (ASTORIA, NEW YORK USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Totally Hits 2002 (Audio CD)
the reason I like these compilations is because they feature songs that are never on compilations or by artists that have one hit and you do not want to get the album. Tweet, and the calling are sone examples. It also features rare but good songs by alanis morrisette, jewel, michelle branch and pink. Buy this album because it hasa great mix of music.

3.0 out of 5 stars ARE THEY REALLY ALL "TOTALLY HITS OF 2002"?, July 5 2002
"iggi041689" (Monterey,California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Totally Hits 2002 (Audio CD)
The reason that I bought this CD is that it had the top hits: What's Luv?- Fat Joe F/ Ashanti, What About Us? - Brandy, Oops (OH My) - Tweet F/ Missy, and Wherever You Will Go - The Calling.
What I didn't like about this CD is that they had to put songs from 2001: Get The Party Started, Everywhere, A Womans Worth. I thought it said 2002.
Another thing why did they put in here, Wrong Impression, We Fit Together, Young'n (Holla Back), and Youth Of The Nation, Anything, in here. News for you, they aren't a totally hit! We fit together didn't chart, Wrong Impression made it to #67, Youth Of The Nation #28, Young'n (Holla Back) #33, and Anything #28.
All in all I like it.
Piece of advice: PUT HITS IN HERE, DON'T PUT SONGS FROM LAST YEAR, AND KEEP ON NOT PUTTING HERE BSB, AND BRITNEY SPEARS.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Cd has good songs on it, June 27 2002
"kriss504799" (Metairie, LA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Totally Hits 2002 (Audio CD)
Whats luv-Its a great song i really like it, but it sort of got over played.
Oops(Oh my!)-this is a good song, but personally its not a good song to have picked for her first song out bacause it gave her a not-so-great reputation.
Get the party started-its a good song, good to dance to,but it is sort of old,they should've pick songs like Like a pill or dont let me get me.
What about us? Brandy is back, finally!This is a great song to come back with and it has a great beat.
7 days- I never realy liked this song, plus it got over played.
Young'n(Holla Back)- this is a good song , with a great beat.It didnt get too popular but it is good.
The whole world-Its a great song, it has a good beat, but it gets annoying if you listen to it too much.
EveryWhere-Its a good song but i would've picked all u wanted because everywhere is getting old.
Wherever you will go-At the beggining it was good, but it got so over played that it is annoying now.
Wasting my time- I hate this song, its real annoying and the singer doent know how to sing, it seems as if he was pushing while singing.
Youth Of a nation-Great song and its a great group.Love it!
Hands Clean- Its a good song, but got over played and her voice gets annoying after a while.
Wrong Impression-This song [is bad]!'
Standing Still-Irritating Song!
We Fit Together-its a ok song,but the boys that sing it sound like the BSB or N'sync.
I love you- its an ok song, she has a good voice,but it got over played.
A woman's worth-Its a good song but it isnt her best song.
Cant fight the moonlight-I dont like this song, but its not the worst song ive heard.
Pass the courvoisier Part 2- its a great song, has a great beat and busta rhymes and p.diddy are great singers.P.diddy is cute.
Anything-Its a ok song but it is sort of copying off sisqo.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb4a6569c)

Totally Hits 2002
Totally Hits 2002 by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2002)