1,003 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars love it
I love this CD, listin to it all the time, actually its my fav!
Published on Feb. 8 2005 by Heather

3.0 out of 5 stars hmmmm
It seems like Eminem has just fallen down the path of all rappers now rapping about the same topics as all other rappers out there. What happend to rappin' bout' shrooms, etc. on his first album? Quite the shame that someone so different and revolutionairy conformed only 3 albums into his fading career.
Published on Feb. 23 2004 by Adam

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, Feb. 8 2005
This review is from: The Eminem Show (Audio CD)
I love this CD, listin to it all the time, actually its my fav!

5.0 out of 5 stars Em's newest effort, July 9 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Eminem Show (Audio CD)
This really is a great cd. Listening to it almost feels like an autobiography. Em continues where he left on in "The Marshall Mathers LP" and keeps everything very fresh.
2.White America--Em bashes Lynne Cheney, the "hypocrisy" of America, and what he calls "The United States of Embarrassment". At the end of the track though, em laughs and utters "I'm just playin America, you know i love you."-4/5
3.Buisness--Em shows his "Sidekick" partnership with Dr. Dre in this "Batman and Robin" feel type track. My favorite parts of this song is the end of each chorus when Em ask "Can i get a witness?", and Dre yells "Hell yeah!".-4/5
4.Cleanin Out My Closet--Everyone has heard this song and anyone can recognize the catchy chorus. Slim tells us about this drug-addict mother, his cheating wife, and his bad public persona. Nothing you haven't heard before. Nonetheless, great lyrics-4/5
5.Square Dance--Very deceiving title...This song bashes the Bush administration and doesn't let up. Great song to get mad to. The chorus can get very annoying though.-3/5
7.Soldier--This song has a very interesting beat. Very good lyrics too, about how em has learned to take all of the hard times in his life like a soldier. One of my favorites on the cd-5/5
8.Say Goodbye Hollywood--This song really isn't that bad. The beat sounds like it took only a few minutes to create, but I really like the lyrics-3/5
9.Drips--A very amusing song about sex (etc.) feat. Obie Trice. The edited version of this album does not include this song.-4/5
10.Without Me--Em brings back his alter-ego Slim Shady for this song and does not dissapoint. The beat on this track reminds me of "The Real Slim Shady". This is a very funny song.-5/5
12.Sing for the Moment-Em's take on the classic Aerosmith tune "Dream On". Dream On is one of my favorite (rock) songs of all time, and I think Em really does the song justice. A little slow, but great rhyming-5/5
13.Superman--When I bought this cd, I expected this track to be a lot better. To be honest, I was quite dissapointed at this song. I do like the hook in the middle, though, but the chorus is more annoying than not-3/5
14.Hailies Song--I love this song. Eminem takes time out to actually sing a very heartfelt song for his daughter, and does a very good job. Em is actually an o.k. singer and the chorus in this song is song has been stuck in my head for days-4/5
16.When the Music Stops--This track could have easily been on a D12 cd, since every member of the group has a verse in it. I actually like Bizarre's verse the best in this song no matter how crazy that sounds.-4/5
17.Say What you Say--A pretty cool song w/ Dre, but the chorus is very reppetitive and boring. This song could have used some re-tooling-3/5
18.'Till I Collapse-A very basic beat, and some very above-average lyrics. And, what modern rap song in this day is complete without a chorus by Nate Dogg?-5/5
19.My Dad's Gone Crazy--This is definitely the most underrated song on the cd. I did not even know this track existed until I bought this album. Em's daughter, Hailie Jade Scott, sings a line in the chorus that makes this a fun song to listen too. While the second verse is kind of disgusting, the third verse in this song will have you re-winding your cds to listen to it over and over and over again. Wow-5/5
This CD is definitely worth the money and is a good choice to buy. Part II of the Marshall Mathers LP, and even better. 10/10 lyrics, 9/10 beats, and 10/10 production

5.0 out of 5 stars good album, Dec 12 2013
This review is from: The Eminem Show (Audio CD)
I bought this album because of my roommate's recommendations. He is a rap fans and he likes Eminem, as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars yup, March 29 2013
This review is from: The Eminem Show (Audio CD)
yeah i got it and it said it was used but it still had the factory seal on it so it was perfect, BUY IT!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Album, May 6 2004
This review is from: The Eminem Show (Audio CD)
This is the follow up to "The Marshall Mathers LP." None of Eminem's other albums can touch "The Marshall Mathers LP." His other albums are also awesome. He's clearly the best rapper of his time. All rap fans will like this and any other Eminem album, trust me. I suggest that everybody that likes rap should buy this album.
1. Curtains Up (Skit)
7. Soldier-5/5
8. Say Goodbye Hollywood-5/5
9. Drips-5/5
10. Without Me-4/5
11. Paul Rosenberg (Skit)
12. Sing For The Moment-5/5
13. Superman-5/5
14. Hailie's Song-5/5
15. Steve Berman (Skit)
16. When The Music Stops-5/5
17. Say What You Say-5/5
18. Till I Collapse-5/5
19. My Dad's Gone Crazy-4/5
20. Curtains Close (Skit)

3.0 out of 5 stars hmmmm, Feb. 23 2004
Adam (Ripon, WI United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great CD of Em's., June 18 2003
"sgngr50" (st. louis mo usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Eminem Show (Audio CD)
Oh gosh, this is a fun CD. The song is mixed with so so many different songs such as: humorous songs, sometimes even really nasty songs, or even songs that touch you, or serious songs. "Hailie's song", Em sings the refrain. He's a good singer,too.The song's about how bad he thinks his life is,but then he thinks about his daughter, Hailie, and she brightens up his life. But then there's songs like "Drips" that are totally nasty, but very hilarious. This guy has sex with a ho and gets AIDS from it. "Sing For The Moment"is a great song. Aerosmith sounds great with Em. "Without Me" is also a great song. Em sounds really cool on this song, but most people think he sounds annoying. "Superman" is an awesome song.It's about how hos try to take advantage of Em, and he pushes them out of his life. "My Dad's Gone Crazy" is a cute song because Hailie's on it and she sounds very cute. All the songs on this CD are great. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS CD TO EVERYONE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, March 25 2003
Nelly Bly (Dallas, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I CANNOT stop listening to this CD, something that came as a shock and unexpected delight to this over 40 mom/lawyer/folk music fan (maybe there IS a little Slim Shady in all of us....). After I saw the movie 8 Mile, I had to check out Eminem's music (more than just the soundtrack, that is) so I bought this and was floored. I now have all of his CDs (I think), including the early ones pre-dating his relationship with Dr. Dre. The Marshall Mathers LP was great, but I like this one better, and like it MUCH more than the Slim Shady LP. My favorite tracks are Business, Square Dance (which, as a Texan, I NEVER listen to without laughing out loud, though I think the lyrics wander off a bit at the end), and Sing for the Moment. I also like Without Me very much, though it certainly is more pop oriented than the others. If you like Eminem, you should not delay any longer. You will LOVE this CD.

3.0 out of 5 stars the brother of a music fan, Jan. 22 2003
This review is from: The Eminem Show (Audio CD)
here's just what i think about each of the tracks, and please note that i don't own this cd but i borrow it from my sister alot.
1.CURTAINS UP:no point saying what i think of it because it only goes for 10 secondes.
2.WHITE AMERICA:one of me favourite songs by eminem. I like it how he raps viciously in this song, and the music goes great with the rapping and the chorus is pretty good. I like more of eminem vicious rapping then his weak rapping (e.g. without me).
Overall i would give this song a 10/10
3.Business:hmmm one of his more weak rapping, but it is a great song to party and sing to and it does have great sound effects and the chorus is good, so think it deserves a 9/10
4.CLEANIN OUT MY CLOSET:this song is between weak rap and vicious rap, and it is very slow which is something i do not really like, but it is interesting to listen to him explaining what makes him so upset with his mother, though i think this song was just way to overplayed on the radio so it deserves a 7/10
5.SQUARE DANCE:this is one of the catchiest songs on the album and it is very similair to BUSINESS, so yes it is great to party to, but i think the rapping is more vicious than BUSINESS, so i think it deserves a 9.5/10
6.THE KISS(skit):great skit with some great music flowing through it while eminem is talking, but i still don't think i should rate a skit seeming it isn't exactly music.
7.SOLDIERS:another one of my favourite songs on the album seeming it has vicious rap, and by the way when i say vicious rap i mean angry rapping. This song has great sound effects,(e.g. in the middle of the song you hear ambulances and gun shots),so yeah a good enough song that deserves a 10/10
8.SAY GOODBYE TO HOLYWOOD:oh my god he sounds like a popstar when you hear the chorus, and even through out the song he is rapping very weakly, so i would give it a 5/10
9.DRIPS:the worst song on the album, i hate that guy obie trice who is featured in this song, and the lyrics are awful with alot of explicit sexual refrences, i mean people who would listen to this song. People must think his a real sicko so i think this is worth a 2/10
10.WITHOUT ME:this song has such weak rapping, and it is was way to overplayed on the radio, and he sounds up himself when he says it would feel so empty without me. I would give this a 5/10
11.PAUL ROSENBERG(skit):i hate his skits it's bad...
12.SING FOR THE MOMENT:my favourite song from the album which was out on single. This is a very sad song talking about life for him at home, and even the chorus sounds sad. This song would more fit in with the in between weak and vicious rap, and i like it how once emniem finish rappings you here this nice guitar blues, and i like it how aero smith sings the chorus. GREAT SONG!!!!!! 10/10
13.SUPERMAN:similair to DRIPS, but no where near as gross and thank god it doesn't feature obie trice, or anyone. The thing i like about this song is the music and the rapping, though it is in between vicious rap and weak rap. Overall 8/10
14.HALIE's SONG:i don't see why people love this song so much, i mean its sweet but his not rapping, his singing and its a very slow song. But i can't say i hate it so it deserves a 5/10
15.STEVE BERMAN(skit):its ok.
16.WHEN THE MUSIC STOPS:this song features d12. This song has terrible.. lyrics. The good things about this song is that it is vicious rap and it does have great sound effects so i think it deserves a 7/10
17.SAY WHAT YOU SAY:this song features DR.DRE. It is vicious rap but its really easy to get bored of and it isn't really any thing special so it should be a 6/10
18.TILL I COLLAPSE:excellent sound effects great in between weak and vicious rapping but the chorus is very boring. 8/10
19.MY DAD's GONE CRAZY:features his daughter Hailie Jade. The rapping is okay but its a bit to weak and eminem and his daughter are kind of macking around but there's just something i like about this song. 8/10
overall it is a great cd and i like to listen to some times but i honestly do prefer rock. i hope my review did help you because this took me an hour to do, any way thanks for reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!, Jan. 11 2003
This review is from: The Eminem Show (Audio CD)
i am not a rap fan. i listen to mainly rock music. eminem is the only rapper i will make an exception for. honestly, i was brought up not to like him, but i always have anyway. i didnt really get into him until last summer, though. i got this cd for my birthday from my brother, and i love him for it. we're both eminem fans. my rents almost took it away from me after all the cussing, but i talked them out of it. i'm gonna cut the ...now, and just give you a rating of each song in my opinion:
1.curtains up-this is just an intro, no need to rate it.
2.white america-sweet song. 5/5
3.business-pretty cool. 4/5
4.cleanin out my closet-2nd single. awesome song and video.5/5
5.square dance-possibly my fav song on cd. i just love it. 5/5
6.the kiss-another skit. he goes a little overobard on the cussing, but whatever. thats eminem.
7.soldier-first time i heard it, i hated it. it grew on me a lot, tho 4.5/5
8.say goodbye hollywood-cool. 5/5
9.drips-ok, i do not like this one. i always skip it. 1/5
10.without me-first single. whats not to like? 5/5
11.paul rosenberg-skit.
12.sing for the moment-another awesome song. 5/5
13.superman-this is em's newest single that just came out as of the time of this review. 5/5
14.hailies song-great song to his daughter. sings in this one. 5/5
15.steve berman-skit.
16.when the music stops-okay, but not nearly as good as the rest. 3.5/5
17.say what you say-cool. 4.5/5
18.'till i collapse-awesome. 5/5
19.my dads gone crazy-hailie was a little annoying at first. def. grew on me. funny song. 5/5
20.curtains close-skit.
overall, an awesome cd that definetly is worth your money!! 5 star material, no questions asked. eminem is controversy, and i know some people hate him for it, but i love him. hes real, hes no fake, regardless of what some of you say. he is a cool guy whose songs have meaning and has some great lyrics, which can especially be shown in sing for the moment. this cd is much better than its predecessor, marshall mathers lp, which is average. i dont yet have his first cd, so i cant compare to that one. anyway, i highly recommend this cd, even if you're not really into rap.

The Eminem Show
The Eminem Show by Eminem (Audio CD - 2002)