Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Cook summerbaby Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(3 star)show all reviews
on January 27, 2004
Some of the animation is too weak for me. It either needs to be cheap like the earlier Beavis and Butthead or major. But that problems comes and goes. And don't get me wrong there are great moments throughout. Stark Raving Dad has some big moments, Flaming Moes and so on. My problem isn't that there aren't happy endings far from it. It's that all the episodes I have seen so far except Stark Raving Dad are it will never change and we're cooler than you because we realize it and you don't. But what that means is that you have stories that don't really develop a plot. There are funny set-ups and ideas at the start of the stories. Then the problem is introduced. By the conclusion the stories just recycle back to the intial problem in an endless loop which is a headache. Ex. Lisa Goes To Washington. The problem is Politics will never change it will always be a bunch of words hiding fraud. The ending is the same with the punchline that we have to hear the songwriter remind us of this in a cute way so pelt him.
Flaming Moes avoids this problem some as the same position at the end of the story isn't all that bad.
But a lot the stories aren't developed. It's some funny bits but also lowkey cynical and graduate school life is over in a moderate tone and then a recycle of the original problem.
If I'm going animation I'd rather see The Underdog Show, something like a Heckle and Jeckle or Baby Huey before a movie, Rocky and Bullwinkle, South Park or Doug. Doug is cooler. I like some of the bits of The Simpsons but a lot of the Third Season just doesn't do that much for me. I never got to the specials. Stuff like the Son of Sam reference doesn't make me want to see it more. I want the storylines.
on September 27, 2003
Along with most of you, I am a huge fan, and so enjoyed the content of this set a great deal. Unfortunately, I must take issue with the release schedule for these sets. One a year is simply insulting to the fans. We all understand the economics of revenue scheduling, but as a fan, it is frustrating to think that the current season will be released around 2015, give or take a year.
To recap, the content of the Simpsons releases is great, but please join with me in writing letters to 20th Century Fox to express your displeasure with their release schedule.
on February 17, 2015