Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen All-New Kindle Paperwhite Deal of the Day - The Beatles in Mono 14LP Vinyl Box Set SGG Countdown to Black Friday in Lawn & Garden

Format: DVDChange

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star).Show all reviews
on January 9, 2003
I first saw this film when it first came out and I was in fifth grade. To a ten year old boy Flint was one of the coolest guys on Earth and months after I saw the movie I was still trying to figure out how to turn the girls in my class into "pleasure units." Lucky for all of us, I never succeeded.
Both Flint movies are a cornucopia of camp and to really enjoy them you have to turn your brain down a few notches and turn up your suspension of disbelief to the max. Just enjoy the silly, sexy adventures of our improbable hero.
Now about all those stars in some other reviews. To me a five-star movie is Casablanca, The Wizard of Oz, Days of Heaven, The Conversation, Lolita--perfect of near perfect examples of cinematic art. As amusing as Our Man Flint is, it falls far short of such glory.
Still, this is a fun flick worth a look.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 1999
Where James Bond needs all these gadgets to perform superhuman acts Flint usese ingenuity, and some neat gadgets. He's trying to stop Malcom Rodney a suave spy played tongue-in -cheek by the handsome Edward Mulhare. The movie is a little slow and somewhat cheesy but it is defintely the father of Austin Powers, if you like that 60's spy stuff. The confrontation between Flint and Rodney is a highlight along with the three mad scientists(in cluding the chinese scientist with the Jewish last name and the caucasin scientist with the chinese name)
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse