5.0 out of 5 stars Great!
This CD is not only enjoyable for kids, but parents as well. It encourages kids to be silly and goofy and have fun. Isn't that the point?! My kids (4 and 1 1/2) love dancing and singing along with the CD and it's one that I encourage them to listen to.
Published on April 4 2006

3.0 out of 5 stars Very cute, but...
I've been listening to the Giants for about 13 years now, loving many of their songs, feeling indifferent to some, and disliking just a few. I have always appreciated their humor and wit and felt their music already had a child-like quality with adult sophistication and musical savvy. This CD is very cute, perhaps for a VERY young child (under 4 maybe?), but I've...
Published on May 13 2003 by Daniel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, April 4 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for all ages, June 4 2004
This review is from: No! (Audio CD)
We bought this to have kids music in the house for my new son, but my husband and I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Attuned to the mind of a child, May 25 2004
This review is from: No! (Audio CD)
This album captures the triumphant exuberance of childhood in a way that few other children's albums do. Songs such as "Fibber Island" and "Robot Parade" encourage children to exercise imagination and creativity. In "Bed, Bed, Bed," watching TV is but one of many activities in a full day that includes meeting friends, riding bikes, and playing the guitar. Even better, some of the songs are educational ("Where Do They Make Balloons?", "The Edison Museum") with the spirit of play, not lectures. But best of all, the songs have both simplicity and sophistication to their goofiness to appeal to children and older listeners alike. "Violin" and "John Lee Superstar" are good examples of this.
This album contains no bad language, violence, or encouragement of such, so most parents would not object to the material in this album. While some of the songs ("I Am Not Your Broom") may be interpreted as encouraging rebellion in children, I do not feel they are any more subversive than say, the poetry of Shel Silverstein.
The whimsical interactive sequences mostly require only that you run your mouse over the images, so children who can't click the buttons can still enjoy them. My one-year-old nephew insisted on going to listen to the CD on the computer first thing in the morning for quite a while. I also bought this album for my TMBG fan friends who were soon to be parents, and they were delighted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray for No!, May 20 2004
This review is from: No! (Audio CD)
My little sister got this for her birthday a few years back, and I must admit that I listen to it as much, if not more than her. A friend of our family is a hard-core TMBG fan, so we get a new CD pretty much every birthday or Christmas, or whatever. This is a totally awesome CD! I love the enhancement-you can plug it into your computer and it does all sorts of cool stuff. I admit that I brought it on the way to a sports championship and a few of the guys laughed, but soon found themselves singing along as well. Overall, a HOORAY FOR NO!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it today!, May 14 2004
G. Churchill (Provo, UT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: No! (Audio CD)
I excitedly bought my kids No! when it first came out because they were big fans of the Flood album (also by TMBG.) I found that I love No! even more than they do. Besides keeping my kids (6,4 and 1) happily dancing for an hour, this album also sparked a science fair project on tastebuds, a discussion on "chains of servitude," and even gets me dancing for at least one song. That's definitely worth my 15 bucks. The computer graphics/games are a great bonus. Way to go TMBG!

5.0 out of 5 stars cool CDROM feature, May 10 2004
This review is from: No! (Audio CD)
This cd is so much fun! If you have kids. . .buy it.
The music is great and the CDROM features interactive illistrations to the songs. My kids love it!
And plus, They Might Be Giants is a great educational band, they always have been, and now they focused their efforts for this cool kids cd!

5.0 out of 5 stars best of the collection, May 1 2004
This review is from: No! (Audio CD)
Our family spends a lot of time in the car on road trips during the summer. This album was a great one for us last year! Heard it over and over and over and still did not grow to HATE it by the end. The songs are strange and funny and I wish that so many more kids CDs could be this clever! We haven't used enhancements much, but they are all right, too. Nice graphics, work well with the songs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Even for a kids album- It's great!, April 3 2004
This review is from: No! (Audio CD)
This is a great TMBG album. There are only a few songs I don't totally like, but it's still worth the money.
Fibber Island: Very TMBG like in lyrics, a little more mellow than most of their songs.
Four of two: A typical TMBG song, just a little kiddish in the lyrics
Robot Parade: Disco sounding, with a robotic voice and a catchy tune
No: The title track is one of my least favorite songs on here.
It is hard rock kind of, and is really repetitive.
Where do they make balloons:Sung by one of the Dan's, this song is a caatchy mellow tune
In The Middle:This is remake of a PSA jingle. I like it, sung by Robin "Goldie" Goldwasser.
Violin: repetitive but nice
John Lee Supertaster:Good, more TMBG-ish
The Edison Museum:Boring
The House At The Top Of The Tree: Repetitive, yet strangely addictive
Clap Your Hands: Yet ANOTHER repetitive track, this was featured on a gp kids commercial. I don't like it.
I am Not Your Broom: This one's weird, no instruments, but it's good.
Wake Up Call: Repetitive, but nice
I am a Grocery Bag: Short, good song
Lazyhead/bed, bed, bed/Sleepwalkers:Bedtime songs, all nice, fun songs.
Plus, the enhanced CD featurs are top-notch, and the credits have a catchy bonus song!
So, overall, a good cd, but not their best

5.0 out of 5 stars The Awesomeness of No!, March 26 2004
This review is from: No! (Audio CD)
It's just a great piece of work. The love is apparent in everything about this product. Yes, I am a very devoted fan of They Might Be Giants, so I'm biased, but I'm biased for good reason. The music, the videos and the interactive components of the CD are completely in the spirit of TMBG. I love playing the CD on my computer while I watch and sing along, and I don't even have kids. I'm just a big kid myself. If you don't completely enjoy this product, heaven help you, because you just don't get it.

4.0 out of 5 stars It is a kid CD too, March 5 2004
Nyackpond (Nyack, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: No! (Audio CD)
For people who say it's not a kid's CD, you are obviously not open minded. My 3-year ols loves most of the songs here (hence the 4 not 5 stars). Kids music should be fun and silly, and traditional "kids" music can be boring. And being a TMBG fan from way back, I love it too. AS for the person who said it doesn't work, that is strange, since it works on my stereo, my car and my computer (the enhancements are cool too). Just have fun!

No! by They Might Be Giants (Audio CD - 2002)