4.0 out of 5 stars Diamond in the Rough

Published on Feb. 10 2003 by Truth Shall Reign

4.0 out of 5 stars Diamond in the Rough, Feb. 24 2004
"velurion" (somewhere in the alps, Europe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disorganized Crime (DVD)
It cost only 10$. But it's worth 3 times that. I saw this ages ago (just after it came out) and always loved it, so I had to have it for my collection. I dig movies about bumbling thieves too, but these guys aren't the bumbling kind. And besides, the Bank Vault with all that money may motivate the characters in the film, but ultimately it's not about that. Rubén Blades is just so superb in this. His behaviour always provokes fits of laughter. All the actors play off each other so well, whether it's the late Fred Gwynne, Young Guns' Lou Diamond Phillips, or Ed O'Neill from TV's Married With Children. I really can't recommend this more. It doesn't play like the usual caper, because the humour isn't necessarily in great jokes or great physical stunts or the like. The laughs come from the dynamics between the characters - their interaction and communication with one another; it's in how they say things, their facial expressions. Subtleties. And all this from actors who don't earn 20 million per picture. Plus, you know, it cost only 10$!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite movies, June 23 2012
This review is from: Disorganized Crime [Import] (DVD)
I've always liked this movie. It isn't insanely funny, but it makes me laugh every time I watch it. It is like a comfort food, sorta.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disorganized Crime, Feb. 10 2003
This review is from: Disorganized Crime (DVD)
I bought this DVD based on the Customer Reviews in Amazon.com. I guess I just don't have the same sense of humor these people have. In all fairness, it has it's moments...although very few and very far between. The price in dollars I can live with. But, this DVD is a total waste of time. By the time it was over, it felt as though it was 3-hours long. If you have nothing better to do, watch it. That's what I did. To me, it wasn't worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this movie!, Aug. 18 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Disorganized Crime (DVD)
You'll either love it or hate it! I saw it in theaters with a friend years ago and giggled and giggled. The laughs build throughout the movie and I still quote one-liners from it. My poor friend, however, hated it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Clean Family Entertainment at it's Finest, Nov. 7 2012
This review is from: Disorganized Crime [Import] (DVD)
The 80s gave us this gem of a film! If you just want to get together with family or friends and share a laugh, this is a great place to start!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and entertaining, May 20 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Disorganized Crime (DVD)
Bought this DVD when it came out .... have watched it over and over and still find it funny and entertaining .. well worth the money .

1.0 out of 5 stars Disorganized movie, Feb. 7 2012
Ian G. Mcgillivray (cornwall ,ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
What a colossal waste of talent.With such a cast,you would think that the writers would be in their element.Plot didn't make much sense and the whole movie was a let down..Script was not even at the T.V. movie level...Truly a time waster and not even a fun one...

Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime by Jim Kouf (DVD - 2002)
CDN$ 24.99