5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis

1.0 out of 5 stars The King's Legacy Is Being Compromised Here
Published on July 10 2004 by Bliggick

1.0 out of 5 stars The King's Legacy Is Being Compromised Here, July 10 2004
This review is from: Elvis 30 #1 Hits (Audio CD)
First of all, I love Elvis' music and have collected it for years and I have to admit if this is your first Elvis CD you probably will be satisfied. My problem with this CD is that Fool Such As I and The Wonder Of You are not the original hit versions that played on the radio way back when and helped build the King's legend. Fool is an alternate take and Wonder is a different live performance. These takes were never #1 anywhere and when you compare the original hits with these alternates you realise that RCA picked the right masters to originally release. In my opinion this is obscuring the King's legacy and in a way changing history for the new listener and not giving them all the goodness that was Elvis. Why would BMG do this? I suspect it is to coax the serious Elvis collector to buy yet again another rehash of hits that they have already bought many times over, just to get these two "special" tracks, and the novice Elvis collector wouldn't notice the difference. I would much rather have preferred a new two CD set of all the correct recordings remastered with today's technology (like the The Top Ten Hits did in 1988) and then have a seperate collection of nothing but unreleased alternates. However, these alternates always get sprinkled very sparingly in these endless Greatest Hits rehashes. But then again, I'm not a BMG marketing director, just another one of the millions of Elvis fans with money in my pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis, Feb. 8 2009
Ole Vatten - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elvis 30 #1 Hits (Audio CD)
My expectations were fulfilled. Here is something for everybody who was young in the 50ies, 60ies, and 70ies. Elvis Presley was a bit underestimated in the beginning of his career, but you can`t really say he was overestimated later. Of course - the world has seen other great entertainers and singers - eg Sinatra -but it is fair to say that Elvis captured something essential in the music world of the last century!
Excellent sound, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect 31 #1 Hits!!!, July 3 2004
This review is from: Elvis 30 #1 Hits (Audio CD)
First of all, it's the only CD that contains 31 #1 Hit Singles in the USA and UK (A Little Less Conversation is the last #1 in the UK for 4 weeks in 2002) , there are 5 more Elv1s #1 which are not included in this CD bec. it would not fit in 1 CD, but it's in Elv1s 2nd To None album!
Second, the sound is so crisp and clear, you can really hear the unbelievable great voice of Elv1s!
Third, no wonder Elv1s is the Guiness Book Of World Record holder who has sold more than 1 billion records more than any other artist and [...] most Gold, Platinum and Multi-Platinum albums and singles in the USA more than any other artist!
What more could you ask for?

5.0 out of 5 stars The King lives on, June 30 2004
This review is from: Elvis 30 #1 Hits (Audio CD)
Living and born in the South I was always a fan of Elvis. I couldn't name that many of his song, I had no CDs, and I watched one or two of my Mom's movies on him. The movies were entertaining, I enjoyed them, and I considered myself a fan of Elvis. When I was wandering around Walmart with a friend, we came upon a stand of CDs. After seeing Elvis 30 #1 Hits, I immediatly snatched it up. My Mom said she had some Elvis CDs I could listen to, but she had never pulled them out. That's why I had never had a CD of his. Thus, my first Elvis CD!
I was familiar with some of the first songs, "Heartbreak Hotel", "Hound Dog", and "All Shook Up". Those are just to name a few. But on a trip the day after buying this CD, I sat and listened to it the whole way through. I was surprised on what I had missed out on. The CD's songs were impressive and overall great! I usually start to pick favorites on a CD I get, but I couldn't. I loved them all!
This is a amazing CD compiled with some of his greatest songs, or #1 hits. I only wish there could have been more songs on here like "Blue Suede Shoes" or "I Was the One." Well, those are for another CD I suppose. I quickly bought Elvis 2nd To None after this one. I couldn't get enough of his songs! This CD is great for someone's first Elvis CD, but any of them are!

5.0 out of 5 stars WORLDS GREATEST ENTERTAINER, Feb. 13 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Elvis 30 #1 Hits (Audio CD)
The music of Elvis Presley has experienced a mass revival since the the two monster hits " A Little Less Conversation "(2002)and " Rubberneckin "(2003)were released.I believe that a lot of people are bored with the current state of the music industry and its production line of untalented boy bands and sqeeky voiced teenage girls who care more about having their photos taken than making real music. Singers like Elvis Presley are impossible to find nowadays .There are a few things missing in todays music that were vital ingredients to making a great record in those days when Elvis was still with us. First and most important is JOY and FUN . .Most of todays stars take their "music" so seriously it makes me want want to vomit!.You just have to see some of the interviews of these clowns talking about the latest " artistic re-invention " they went through .( usually that means that they went for their first singing lesson)Second ingredient to making a great record is TALENT.I havent seen much of that in the recording industry lately .Very rare these days unfortunately.And thirdly - REAL MUSICIANS .I cant stand listening to music that was created by a computer.The reason that Elvis made such great music was because of the bond he had with the musicians and singers he worked with .Making music can be a real emotional and spiritual experience ,but it cant become that with fake drum beats and rinky-dink sound effects from a computer.The Elvis remixes werent too overdone thankfully, with most of the original track still intact.
The timeless music of Elvis Presley shows how music should be done.I encourage all young people to give it a listen to see for themselves how great Elvis really was. BMG has created a real winner with "30 #1 HITS ".Long Live The King !.

5.0 out of 5 stars very highly recommended, June 17 2004
This review is from: Elvis 30 #1 Hits (Audio CD)
wow what a compilation.you get 31 terrific songs on one terrific cd from this great rock n roll singer containing hound dog.i recommend this awesome cd to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars terrific compilation, June 17 2004
This review is from: Elvis 30 #1 Hits (Audio CD)
this is one of the finest compilations of elvis with 31 great songs available one affordable disc and featuring songs like love me tender and hound dog.very highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars very highly recommended, June 15 2004
This review is from: Elvis 30 #1 Hits (Audio CD)
a masterpiece of a compilation from the great elvis featuring all his big hits.highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars a masterpiece, June 14 2004
This review is from: Elvis 30 #1 Hits (Audio CD)
what more has to be written about this great compilation from one of the finest rock,n,roll singers of all times containing 31 beatuful songs like hound dog and jailhouse rock extemely highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long live the King, May 31 2004
Patrick (Anderson, In) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elvis 30 #1 Hits (Audio CD)
A few years ago i hated Elvis like no one else ever could, but then i started to slowly pick up on some of his music and more and more songs were introduced to me and i now love anything and everything by Elvis and this CD is the perfect CD for ANY Elvis fan! It has all of his best! My favorites include Hunk O' Burning Love, Heartbreak Hotel, A little Less Conversation, I Cant Help Falling In Love With You, Suspecious Minds, Hound Dog, Love Me Tender and SO many more! Elvis is truly and legend that will never die! He opened the doors for all the music today to be here..if it werent for him...we wouldnt have the music we live by today!

ARRAY(0xb501bba0)

Elvis 30 #1 Hits
Elvis 30 #1 Hits by Elvis Presley (Audio CD - 2002)