5.0 out of 5 stars Craaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnberries!
Published on Sept. 29 2010 by Emilie

3.0 out of 5 stars An Honest and Realistic Opinion
Published on Dec 5 2003 by L. Fraedrich

5.0 out of 5 stars Craaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnberries!, Sept. 29 2010
Même si Dolores O'Riordan prétend qu'après le troisième album du groupe c'était du n'importe quoi... et bien j'ai apprécié l'écoute de ce disque. La musique est excellente et plusieurs chasons sont accrocheuses. La conception visuelle est elle aussi attirante et assez recherché, sans trop de flafla. Je crois que quand l'on aime Cranberries on fait fi de ce que la chanteuse prétend, il reste qu'elle l'a fait et qu'il reste un bon album.

3.0 out of 5 stars An Honest and Realistic Opinion, Dec 5 2003
L. Fraedrich (Phoenix, AZ) - See all my reviews
I have been a Cranberries fan since they began and every album they put out I've listened to over and over again until I knew all the words, then listened to them a million more times. I can't do that with this album. I've tried, believe me. But it just isn't as catchy as all of their other ones. So basically I agree with a little bit of everyone on this. It isn't as good as their earlier stuff. But by no means is it bad, either. If you are a Cranberries fan I would definitely recommend getting it because it is a must have for your collection. You'll probably really like quite a few songs on it. But none of them will be your favorite Cranberries song. I will continue to listen to the album occasionally for something different, but I don't think it's going to grow on me as one of the best Cranberries albums of all time. I have faith that their future albums will be better though, so I'm not writing them off just yet.

3.0 out of 5 stars An Honest and Realistic Opinion, Dec 5 2003
L. Fraedrich (Phoenix, AZ) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars The controversy that I ' ve found about the album, Aug. 13 2003
milton cedeño (Colombia south america) - See all my reviews
I've saw several people that dont like this album , but to me is the best album I had ever bought! I like almost all the songs of it .
As several people don't like it. I wrote this to prevent they prevent you to enjoy this beautiful album , it deserves you give it a try. when I bought it, I wasn't fun of 'the cranberries' and now I am. They were very good before and now they are better !.
Now I'll tell you a bit of the album .
The first time I knew about it was watching the tv of spain , there was Dolores ( cranberries'vocal ) performing the track "time is ticking out" a song which you cant not leave behind ,it is well done, as I really like it I got the cd . I found the first track "never grow old" very nice it scares a little cause its lyrics and music so beautiful you dont want a good time in your life to pass; and the song "This is the day" it is so striking it take you up from whatever it set you into other dimension , the video fits it perfectly .
Another beautiful track is "I really hope " that bring to my mind when you are so in love that you forget all the time the space ; is the most happy song of the album . The tracks "the concept" and "wake up and smells the coffee" are also very good ,in fact ,all are very good , the only one I dont like is 'analyse' which was promotional.
The style of this album is some gothic, some sad, some strange ,its songs are melodic ,has not compicated lyrics , has honest words.
It is a very good album believe me. If you take it you won't regret, There is only one serious risk with it and it is to became fun of cranberries !.

3.0 out of 5 stars These guys were influenced by some other elements this time!, Feb. 14 2003
Arish "A+" (On ThIs PlaNet) - See all my reviews
I really can't take anything away from this band. This is got to be one of the tightest bands in rock right now. The guitar work is so clear and piercing to the ears. It sometimes comes across like a keyboard sound the guitarist is so clever. I don't know what tactics this guys uses or what his inspiraton is, but I love it. He often comes across to me like a Prince pupil or something. I mean the clarity of the riffs and the effects are beautiful! This band has always had some tight grooves and bumpin' beats. this album isn't the best I'll admit. But somewhat I am abit easier on this project because of the few jewel's on there. "Never Grow Old" is just simply a masterpiece! I don't care about the simple lyrics the arrangement and the guitar work is just simply gorgeous! I have never heard a rock artist convey such a beautiful sound like that since "Swandives -"Nutopian Days" and Mazzy Star's- "Fade into you!" "Never grow Old" could go on a compilation with some of my Trip Hop songs I love so much. "Analyse" is a transgression from there earlier material more electronic with a haunting piano riff (more Trip Hop Sounding). "Wake up and Smell the Coffee" is experimental at the beginning and comes in with a hard ..A*$ rocking groove! These guys are still capable of anything I believe. Everyone makes a not so great album sooner or later. At least it took them 4 lps later to do it. Some people fall off on number 2 or 3, ya know? But at least these guys still have the soul and the tight grooves. I just think this band took a break and said lets just cruise this time. If you asked my opinion, I think these guys have been listening to alot of european Trip Hop electronica. Some of the slow interludes and experimentation, sounds alot like that type of material. This isn't a horrible effort, but you would expect more from such a great band. I Believe they have been listening to Swandive. Which is a Trip Hop/ Rock Band from Switzerland(Not the same cheesy Swandive from U.S.) Swandive sounds very similiar to Cranberries the only difference they fuse electronics with rock and are considered a trip hop/rock band. But the lead singer has a very similiar vocal style and the guitar riffs are just as tight. This band has only two lps "Swandive" and "On the Air" and they are very rare. For those that like "Never grow Old" look for songs "Nutopian Days" and "The Game" by Swandive...Trust Me!

3.0 out of 5 stars "Never Grow Old is the Jam!", Feb. 14 2003
Arish "A+" (On ThIs PlaNet) - See all my reviews
I really can't take anything away from this band. This is got to be one of the tightest bands in rock right now. The guitar work is so clear and piercing to the ears. It sometimes comes across like a keyboard sound the guitarist is so clever. I don't know what tactics this guys uses or what his inspiraton is, but I love it. He often comes across to me like a Prince pupil or something. I mean the clarity of the riffs and the effects are beautiful! This band has always had some tight grooves and bumpin' beats. this album isn't the best I'll admit. But somewhat I am abit easier on this project because of the few jews on there. "Never Grow Old" is just simply a masterpiece! I don't care about the simple lyrics the arrangement and the guitar work is just simply gorgeous! I have never heard a rock artist convey such a beautiful sound like that since "Swandives -"Nutopian Days" and Mazzy Star's- "Fade into you!" "Never grow Old" could go on a compilation with some of my Trip Hop songs I love so much. "Analyse" is a transgression from there earlier material more electronic with a haunting piano riff. "Wake up and Smell the Coffee" is experimental at the beginning and comes in with a hard ..A*$ rocking groove! These guys are still capable of anything I believe. Everyone makes a not so great album sooner or later. At least it took them 4 lps later to do it. Some people fall off on number 2 or 3, ya know? But at least these guys still have the soul and the tight grooves. I just think this band took a break and said lets just cruise this time. If you asked my opinion, I think these guys have been listening to alot of european Trip Hop electronica. Some of the slow interludes and experimentation, sounds alot like that type of material. This isn't a horrible effort, but you would expect more from such a great band. I Believe they have been listening to Swandive. Which is a Trip Hop/ Rock Band from Switzerland. (Not the same Swandive from U.S.) This band has only two lps "Swandive" and "On the Air" and they are very rare. For those that like "Never grow Old" look for a song called "Nutopian Days" by Swandive...Trust Me!

3.0 out of 5 stars "Never Grow Old is the Jam!", Feb. 14 2003
Arish "A+" (On ThIs PlaNet) - See all my reviews
I really can't take anything away from this band. This is got to be one of the tightest bands in rock right now. The guitar work is so clear and piercing to the ears. It sometimes comes across like a keyboard sound the guitarist is so clever. I don't know what tactics this guys uses or what his inspiraton is, but I love it. He often comes across to me like a Prince pupil or something. I mean the clarity of the riffs and the effects are beautiful! This band has always had some tight grooves and bumpin' beats. this album isn't the best I'll admit. But somewhat I am abit easier on this project because of the few jews on there. "Never Grow Old" is just simply a masterpiece! I don't care about the simple lyrics the arrangement and the guitar work is just simply gorgeous! I have never heard a rock artist convey such a beautiful sound like that since "Mazzy Star's- Fade into you! "Never grow Old" could go on a compilation with some of my Trip Hop songs I love so much. "Analyse" is a transgression from there earlier material more electronic with a haunting piano riff. "Wake up and Smell the Coffee" is experimental at the beginning and comes in with a hard ..A*$ rocking groove! These guys are still capable of anything I believe. Everyone makes a not so great album sooner or later. At least it took them 4 lps later to do it. Some people fall off on number 2 or 3, ya know? But at least these guys still have the soul and the tight grooves. I just think this band took a break and said lets just cruise this time. This isn't a horrible effort, but you would expect more from such a great band.

1.0 out of 5 stars I love craberries, but I hated this album!, Dec 17 2002
I bought this CD because I am an avid Cranberries fan, but I was very disappointed!!! The lyrics [are bad]..., the writing is lazy, and the songs are entirely too short!
Thier previous albums had exciting music and surprising lyrics, but this one is monotone, boring, and repetitive!
Dont buy it! I dont care how much you loved thier previous music!!! Its not even comparable!

2.0 out of 5 stars Simply not good, Nov. 14 2002
Let me start by saying that I have nothing but respect for the great talent that is the Cranberries. They probably have the best lead singer in modern rock/pop music. With that said, this album is simply not good. There is one, count it, one good song on the entire album "This Is The Day," a few mediocre songs ("Never Grow Old," "Every Morning," and "Carry On"). Everything else is dreary and uninspired. There is no excitement to these remaining songs and they all sound very similar to each other. Bury the Hatchet shows what this band can accomplish when it takes the time to create an album. This album sounds like left-over tracks from the Hatchet sessions. Here's hoping the Cranberries next album is a big improvement over this mess.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome CD, July 25 2002
By A Customer
I'm a big fan of the Cranberries. This CD is a lot better than the review would lead you to believe. It may not be quite as good as "No Need to Argue", but then, "No Need to Argue" is my favorite CD of all time. The Cranberries have so many good songs, I never get bored listening to any of their music!

ARRAY(0xc16623fc)

Wake Up & Smell the Coffee
Wake Up & Smell the Coffee by Cranberries (Audio CD - 2002)