5.0 out of 5 stars The movie was great,but the soundtrack is even better!
wow,
i think this is the only movie soundtrack i have listened to,
that has all the songs from the movie that it should have.
from Avril Lavigne ,to Shedaisy's Mine all mine ,
and of course not to forget George Fenton's music from the beginning and the end of the movie,is simply unforgettable.
this is the kind of soundtrack that you will want to...
Published on Dec 13 2003 by Denny

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and Disappointing!!!
I went out of my way to get this Cd especailly for the song 'Sweet Home Alabama' and the cd has pretty much been ruined because jewel is the one singing it. Why would they not put the original on? The rest is great though especailly Sheryl Crow, yowdeling.
Published on May 12 2006 by Tricia

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and Disappointing!!!, May 12 2006
Tricia (Newmarket, Ontario) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good!, Dec 26 2003
This review is from: Sweet Home Alabama (Audio CD)
I loved the movie, but HATE country music. When someone bought me this Cd as a gift I expected it to be a bunch of hick music, but it was a great CD! It actually had all the music in the movie! The only thing I didn't like about the CD was taht Jewel sang "Sweet Home Alabama". I wanted to hear the original band play it, but this CD is definitely worth getting!

5.0 out of 5 stars The movie was great,but the soundtrack is even better!, Dec 13 2003
Denny (Croatia,Europe) - See all my reviews
wow,
i think this is the only movie soundtrack i have listened to,
that has all the songs from the movie that it should have.
from Avril Lavigne ,to Shedaisy's Mine all mine ,
this is the kind of soundtrack that you will want to listen over and over again.
i give it 5 stars out of five!
regards
Denny

1.0 out of 5 stars What happened?, Dec 11 2003
This review is from: Sweet Home Alabama (Audio CD)
Alright, I liked the movie, I loved the southern charm and eveything but what made the movie really good is the good old REDNECK songs on it.I expected a really good album from a really good movie. I found few traces of that on this Cd. Sweet Home Alabama is NOT ment to be sung By Jewel! She has a nice voice and all but Lynard Skynard was ment to sing that song!
All the good songs like A Few More Rednecks,and others were not included. I think over all the Cd didn't capture the good stuff in the movie. So if you wanted a Cd that matches the movie, and has all the good songs on it, I don't recomend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this CD purchase!, July 25 2003
This review is from: Sweet Home Alabama (Audio CD)
I enjoy every song on this CD. It has lots of music variety, which makes it excellent listening when on the road this summer! Also brings back memories of the movie. Fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great soundtrack!, April 10 2003
F. Mercer "bibliophile" (Saratoga Spings, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweet Home Alabama (Audio CD)
Unlike a lot of reviewers, I love the Jewel cover of the title song--it's mellow and cool. This is a fun soundtrack with a great variety of songs. I particularly love the Dolly Parton track. I highly recommend it for all you "rock-a-billies" out there!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and relaxing, March 27 2003
This review is from: Sweet Home Alabama (Audio CD)
This soundtrack is wonderful! It has a lot of variety. My favorite songs are To Think I Used To Love You (DJ Homicide remix) by Uncle Kracker, Mine All Mine by Shedaisy, and Weekend Song by The Freestylers. I love Felony Melanie/Sweet Home Alabama score suite because it's upbeat with a soft, soothing feel to it. This is beautiful and refreshing! I'd recommend it, and it makes you feel good. I'm reminded of the movie when I listen to it. Give this cd a try! It's worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives you that warm, tingly feeling!, March 13 2003
This review is from: Sweet Home Alabama (Audio CD)
Though not your traditional source of music, I like soundtracks because they have the added value of offering the diversity often not found from a single artist. Sweet Home Alabama is definitely one of the better soundtracks out there and if you haven´¿t seen the movie, you need to! Reese Whiterspoon is absolutely darling and her ´¿small town´¿ husband is a ´¿big time´¿ hunk! The soundtrack has tunes that are refreshing and invigorating. There are also a couple tracks that are fastly becoming wedding favorites. Overall, the CD offers a mix of good old fashioned song writing, some kick off your shoes and relax beats and rhythms that leave you warm and tingly inside. I´¿m a sucker for romance flicks and after watching this oh so inspiring film, I had to get the soundtrack to cherish the memories. If not for you, for your friend who´¿s still waiting for her prince charming´¿.lol.

5.0 out of 5 stars definitly a 2 thumbs up!, March 1 2003
This review is from: Sweet Home Alabama (Audio CD)
this soundtrack is awesome! The jewel song "sweet home alabama" is very fun, and the avril lavigne song "Falling Down" is very uplifting, much better than the original songs on her album. I would definitly recommend this album to any true fans of country rock!:)

2.0 out of 5 stars so-so, Feb. 19 2003
This review is from: Sweet Home Alabama (Audio CD)
One would think that a movie about the South would at least have southern bands singing the songs. No one, not even Jewel, can top the orignial Sweet Home by Lynyrd Skynyrd, so why they didn't include the original is a mystery. Also, they left out the Charlie Daniels Band "A Few More Rednecks", which was in the movie.
The good side is that Uncle Kracker's song is hella cool, and that The Calling does a faithful cover of "Keep Your Hands To Yourself" Ya should prolly just download the good songs off the internet instead of spendin'cash on this CD.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xc312f534)

Sweet Home Alabama
Sweet Home Alabama by George Fenton (Audio CD - 2002)