4.0 out of 5 stars The NEW Very Merry Christmas Songs
Published on March 21 2003 by Lee Neville

1.0 out of 5 stars The VHS is great, but the DVD is NOT!
Published on Dec 11 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars The VHS is great, but the DVD is NOT!, Dec 11 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Disney's Very Merry Christmas Sing Along Songs (DVD)
I have owned the VHS version of this Sing Along ever since it came out over ten years ago and I have loved it. It is one of my favorite holiday videos, particularly the Wooden Soldiers on Parade song. I loved the VHS so much I decided to buy it on DVD. The reason I am giving the DVD 1 star is because it is very different and much worse than the original VHS, and I wish I had known this before I bought it. There is talking in between all the songs (unlike the VHS version which has a smooth transition between songs) which spoils the continuity and the video as a whole. There are also many additional songs which do not live up to the original songs' quality. They are just fillers and detract greatly from the video. The DVD also has changed the Wooden Soldiers song to a more modern version which isn't half as good. I am extremely dissappointed that Disney did not just leave this wonderful video as it was. This DVD has ruined the beauty of the original VHS. My advice is get the VHS version and skip the DVD!

4.0 out of 5 stars The NEW Very Merry Christmas Songs, March 21 2003
This review is from: Disney's Very Merry Christmas Sing Along Songs (DVD)
In the 1980s Disney released Disney's Sing Along Songs: Very Merry Christmas Songs on VHS. This program featured Christmas songs with scenes from Disney cartoons on screen along with the words, often highlighted by a Mickey Mouse head. It lasted 30 minutes and had the following songs- Deck The Halls, Up On The Housetop, Joy To The World, Let It Snow, Sleigh Ride, Winter Wonderland, Here Comes Santa Claus (At Disneyland), Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, Jingle Bells, Silent Night and We Wish You A Merry Christmas.
In 2002, Disney released Disney's Sing Along Songs: Very Merry Christmas Songs on DVD. Unlike what the ... Editorial Review states, this version lasts 54 minutes, and not just 30 minutes. This new DVD edition features the same songs from the VHS version, along with some additions. These include- a new version of Jingle Bells, Toyland, All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth, The Best Christmas Of All, White Christmas, Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree, Jingle Bell Rock, As Long As There's A Christmas and Seasons Of Giving.
This program on DVD is just great for the children just as it was on VHS so I do recommend it. The special features which include a Words Of The Season Vocabulary Game, a Very Merry Musical Game and Create-A-Card Activity are also great fun for the children and very appropriate for this kind of DVD.
Buy Disney's Sing Along Songs: A Very Merry Christmas and have a very merry Christmas!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this movie!, Dec 4 2002
This review is from: Disney's Very Merry Christmas Sing Along Songs (DVD)
Ok, I feel funny typing this but I will. I'm 15 years old and I still love this movie! My mom bought this movie for me when I was 4 and I've loved it ever since. I think this is a great movie for children if they like disney characters, christmas, and music. It also helps kids learn the words to some great christmas carols.

4.0 out of 5 stars Disney Makes Christmas Special - With Songs, Dec 2 2003
This review is from: Disney's Very Merry Christmas Sing Along Songs (DVD)
This DVD has 20 of the all time favorite Christams Music for the whole family.
They are each complete with words that flash over colorful pictures and images from old, new and classic Disney animation and characters.
From the Fantasia to Beauty & The Beast to Mickey to Ariel. It closes with a great group singalong that ues all the characters and their voices togethr. It is segmented to skip songs or hear your favorites over and over.
The DVD also contains a game as well as a create your own greeting card section. Cute and really great for the really young ones to interact with thier parents.
A great DVD for the family to have around Christams time. Have fun. (12-2-03)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Old Fashioned Christmas Fun!, Dec 18 2002
Millicent J. Kelly "M. Kelly" (Jupiter, FL USA) - See all my reviews
I recently bought this video for my 3 year old and he watched it over and over and over (although I think I have the 2002 release). The Disney characters sing all the true classic christmas songs and the animation is wonderful. The words appear at the bottom of the screen, so even I was able to fine tune my holiday yule vocabulary! The ending is absolutely spectacular and includes integration of most of the Disney film characters. I really enjoyed watching this video as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Oct. 21 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Sing Along Mery Xmas (VHS Tape)
Growing up as a child, I saw this video every Christmas season. It was almost to the point where it wasn't Christmas until this was watched. It has a lot of great Christmas songs with many clips from old Disney favorites.
It's great for the whole family, and the children will love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars gets played over and over, Dec 2 2013
This review is from: Disney's Very Merry Christmas Sing Along Songs (DVD)
i love christmas songs, this is a great sing along dvd, my kids and i enjoy singing and dancing with this, have such great bonding moment. reason for 4 star: do not like the intro before each song, i prefer to have song after song instead of the voice over interruption, would be great if there is an option to opt out the v.o.

5.0 out of 5 stars had my 2 year old singing, Dec 18 2002
Jenna S "jfranowicz" (Maplewood, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disney's Very Merry Christmas Sing Along Songs (DVD)
This is a fantastic DVD. We played it continuously for a week until my daughter snapped it in two trying to get it out of the box. I'm going to buy another one.

Disney's Very Merry Christmas Sing Along Songs