biss Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Learn more Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Audio CDChange

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on June 2, 2003
Judging by the other reviews, I'm a younger Cohen fan at 31. I was introduced to his music through the movies "Pump up the Volume", "Natural Born Killers", and the recent "Secretary". Like many, the thing that draws me to Cohen more than his words, is his deep voice. Much to my suprise, that voice doesn't kick in until track 13 on disc one. Everything pre-"Hallelujah" sounds like a different person. Don't get me wrong. Still good stuff, but it sounds like he hadn't hit puberty yet on those first 12 songs. Anyway, great stuff before, and especially after that point. "I'm your man", "Everybody Knows", "Tower of Song", and most of disc two is incredible. My personal favorite is "Waiting for the miracle" from the album "The Future". It's hauntingly good. He also has an early "hits" disc, and a later (deep voice) collection too, if you wanted to go that route. Whichever you choose, listen to Leonard Cohen.
on September 12, 2010
Bought this for hubby's birthday and I knew nothing of this artist. Reviewed other comments and picked this DVD. He loves it and I also like it. Think irt portrays the essence of his music and song writing.
on May 4, 2013
Hard to say anything bad about this man. He is truly one of a kind. A writer and a performer. Saw a tv clip once of Prince Charles talking about Cohen and that is high praise from high up!
on January 18, 2013
A lot of oldies on here that I have not heard for a long time. Some that I know better covered by other artists and nice to hear his take on them.
on November 23, 2014
I like this album for the good song Susan, mostly. As well Leonard's voice seems much better then than now.
on August 16, 2014
I love Leonard Cohen anyway.
on September 2, 2015