countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 26, 2015
I saw this movie at a friends place. Little did I know that one of his visiting relatives was a Jehovah witness. I had thought the movie was ok. But then later found out that the movie was incorrect about some of the beliefs of the JW's. I guess the movie was written from a biased stand point of someone who never took the time to do the proper research the subject they were writing about. So has a person with Jewish heritage & relatives who survived the nazi concentration camps. I can't honestly recommend a movie that tries to use propaganda to make another group of people look bad or inferior.
on January 15, 2016
very boring
on April 22, 2004
OK...were to start. I didn't recommend this to my fiance and her sister to watch. The scene at the farmer's house before the ending was way too disturbing. It was unbelievable that the film-makers included several instances of child abuse and neglect near the end of the movie (the kid, Cleveland didn't seem to do anything wrong to deserve to be bashed like that by his father). The man played by Costner cared for his kidnapee, but had to be negligant at times to people to avoid being detained by the cops (i.e. stealing a Stationwagon from a family, allowing the kid to steal a costume from a store, being tyrannical enough to duct tape a family that gave them one day of "kind hospitality"). The movie had some decent moments to it, but it was too disturbing to watch. On the positive side...Clint Eastwood did a great role in the movie.
I don't believe that Jehova's Witnesses is a true religon. I believe that Christianity is the only true religion.