5.0 out of 5 stars Great......but that save bug happens too often!
I remember when I used to watch my cousin play phantasy star 1 and other great games (Spellcaster another great sega rpg) during the late 80's for the sega master system. I was just six but had vivid memories and was just astounded of him playing through the whole game. Fast foward to 2004, and just realizing that the phantasy star series came out for the GBA...
Published on July 1 2004 by Ryan

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for nostalgia, but compared to today's games ....
I couldn't echo the direct praise of many others even though I did grow up on these games. The simple fact is that unless you played these games on the Genesis you just aren't going to appreciate the GBA remakes.
The "problem" with this remake is that no improvements were made to any of the games. They are faithful and EXACT representations of their Genesis...
Published on July 13 2004 by Ryan Yamada

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Phantasy Star II!, Feb. 24 2003
Stephanie Falcon (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Phantasy Star Collection - Game Boy Advance (Video Game)
I love Phantasy Star II. It was my favorite game for the Genesis I had once upon a time. Now it's back on the GameBoy Advance and it's a carbon copy of what I remember. :)
It also has the original Phantasy Star I and Phantasy Star II which I never played. Well I just started playing it and so far so good. I just wish I had a hint book. The original game when I played it came with a nice hint book which I've lost year ago. The dungeons are going to be tough without the maps and hints but I guess that means I'll just be spending more time in them.
Let's a lot of adventure here folks if you like good classic RPG!

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS GAME!!, Nov. 28 2002
This review is from: Phantasy Star Collection - Game Boy Advance (Video Game)
We'll start out with the good. This game is THE reason I bought a Game Boy Advance. I had never played Phantasy Star 1, because it was only available for the Sega Master System. Phantasy Star 2 is (in my opinion) the best RPG for Sega Genesis, and Phantasy Star 3 was very good as well. If you like RPGs, pick up this collection of games. If you check online auction sites, you'll see that the originals of these games sell individually for the same price as this package of 3 games.
Now for the bad. This doesn't include Phantasy Star 4. That's it.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Review of the Gods, Oct. 25 2003
Jack Meholf (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Phantasy Star Collection - Game Boy Advance (Video Game)
Phantasy Star Collection was pretty darn good, I mean, holly moly, jumpin jolleys, three games for the price of one!!! Man o man, what a bang, what a buck, what a deal!!!! I would strongly recomend buying this game. My reasons for this decisive decion are as follows: 1.good graphics (for the time it was made in)
2.The learning curve is steap, but effective, meaning that once you get past the first hour, and level up a bit, no, alot, you will begin to enjoy the game.
3. The game is sweet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Phantasy Star - ah, the memories:), Nov. 26 2002
R. Peters (Jacksonville, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Phantasy Star Collection - Game Boy Advance (Video Game)
Phantasy Star Collection provides a 100% emulation experience of the Sega games of yesterday. The only noticeable difference is the cleanup of the Japanese to English dialogue. If there is one drawback, this collection does not include the 4th in the series. I guess due to lack of overall game storage or maybe the fact THQ would like to market PSIV as a stand alone and rack up more bucks in the process...hehehe. PSI by itself makes this a very worthy purchase. LONG LIVE PHANTASY STAR!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping from the start, May 11 2004
"morfinus" (Utrecht Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Phantasy Star Collection - Game Boy Advance (Video Game)
Only if you have played rpg before and are older than 30 years old, i can really recommend it. If you are younger you are probably better off with golden sun.
Once i plugged in ps1 i was hooked, bewitched, wow this is soo much better than eotb or zelda. Hard to get, in holland, it was 50 euro but i do not regret that i bought it.
I am very happy that i read all the amazon reviews beforehand and guys you are right!

5.0 out of 5 stars Phantastic!, Feb. 2 2003
"mrwilbury626" (Holmdel, New Jersey United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Phantasy Star Collection - Game Boy Advance (Video Game)
This is great. I'm kinda new to the Phantasy Star series, but I like what I see! I really love this set! Definately worth the 30 dollars. I'm hoping to check out PSIV soon, which wasn't included in this set. I hear it's hard to come by, but I'm sure I'll find a copy. Anyway, do pick this title up! You won't be dissapointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars The games that invented the RPG now on gameboy advance, Dec 7 2002
This review is from: Phantasy Star Collection - Game Boy Advance (Video Game)
I didn't even realize these games were being re-released but as soon as I saw it I knew I had to get a gameboy advance. it may not have the graphics of some of the new rpg's out there but the story and gameplay make this one of the best collections of RPG's ever.

1.0 out of 5 stars don't get it !, Nov. 26 2002
This review is from: Phantasy Star Collection - Game Boy Advance (Video Game)
I DEFINATELY wouldn't get this unless u r a SERIOUS RPG player. The graphics are terrible and the gameplay isnt good. It gets old extremely fast.I just got it the other day and Hated it. I'm turning it in to get a Better game, and if u have it, u should 2.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth it?, March 24 2003
This review is from: Phantasy Star Collection - Game Boy Advance (Video Game)
I recently played the old Phantasy Star games on Sega and wasn't very fond of them. I think only true fans of the series, and people who remember the good times they had with the old Phantasy Star games should pick this up. Nothing more said.

5.0 out of 5 stars PS Phan, Dec 3 2002
This review is from: Phantasy Star Collection - Game Boy Advance (Video Game)
A very well done composition, exactly like the originals... I just wish they'd put PS4 on instead of PS3, or both. Otherwise, it's a hell of a deal.

Phantasy Star Collection - Game Boy Advance
Phantasy Star Collection - Game Boy Advance by T.H.Q. (Game Boy Advance)
Used & New from: CDN$ 15.20