march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Color: Chrome|Style Name: Stand Mixer|Change

on February 26, 2015
I bought this for my daughter as a Christmas present. It lasted 3 years. She called Kitchen Aid customer service...and or course.....it's not under warranty! She phoned a service centre and it was going to cost $45 to have a look and then probably another $150 for parts and labour.

I had thought I was buying a high end mixer that would last my daughter a lifetime! But then I guess we the consumer are learning over the past few years that the brands that we thought were high quality (high price) are no longer made to last. It seems that Kitchen Aid has resorted to the same tactics that have beguiled the entire commercial world, cheap components, glitzy exterior! Kitchen Aid is ruled by greed and maximum profits.

Kitchen Aid is no longer a quality product in my estimation. I will not buy my other kids this brand for when they set up their homes. If I have to replace it every 3-5 years....I will gage my buying practices accordingly for my personal consumption and the gifts that I buy!!!! KITCHEN AID.... you make junk!
on October 2, 2014
I have to reduce my rating to 4 stars because the paint chips off the flat beater and the chips get into the
batter. Would have expected more from KitchenAid, especially as this is my second mixer and the same
problem with the chipping still exists 15 years later!!!!
on December 11, 2013
This works really really well. It whips meringues in minutes, does dough great and cleans easy. I have the ice cream maker attachment and I love that too. My only complaint is they never sent us the rebate. My husband sent in the form multiple times. The first time they sent it back and said he was missing the UPC, he wasn't, we had sent the UPC. Sent it again and kept waiting. No response. Never got it. I wouldn't trust the rebate but the machine itself is amazing!
on May 16, 2013
I've had this for a couple of weeks now. I've always made bread by hand so the first thing I tried was whole wheat bread. The mixer performed admirably with my recipe (6 cups whole wheat flour) and it cut down the active prep time dramatically. Also used it to make mayonnaise... no more store bought for us! Purchased the food grinder and fruit and vegetable strainer as well. We had chicken burgers last night made using boneless/skinless chicken breasts. They turned out very well and I was able to control the fat and the sodium, adding some olive oil, herbs, spices and just a touch of salt. I plan on making fresh tomato sauce using the fruit/veg strainer (my hand crank will go to Goodwill). No regrets!
on May 15, 2013
Overall a good investment. It is easy to clean, very quiet, and sits elegantly on our open concept kitchen counter. I suggest readers not buy the food slicer attachment. You should purchase the glass bowl as well and the special beater/scraper to give you more options when mixing two parts to a recipe.
on April 1, 2012
If you cook or bake a lot, it's probably the best kitchen tool you can have. It's like having a second pair of hands.
on May 12, 2014
The holy grail of mixers. Anyone serious about cooking/baking in the kitchen dreams of owning one of these. It lives up to expectations. Cuts cooking times down, easy to use, easy to clean... works like a charm and has lots of great attachments. I got this for around 270$ while on sale. Only this white color was on sale, the other colors were the regular price of 400$--keep an eye out for that!
on December 8, 2013
I've had my eye on this stand mixer to accompany my KitchenAid food processor and finally decided to invest in it with the impending holiday season and baked goods that go along with it. I eat gluten-free and so I'm also constantly baking my own bread - having a stand mixer with a dough hook is fantastic.

My Experience:
In using the dough hook, I found that all ingredients were thoroughly mixed, and that my KitchenAid had no problems incorporating all the ingredients. The coating on the dough hook and flat mixer allows your dough to essentially fall off when you raise the mixer head.

I next adapted my infamous biscotti recipe to a gluten-free recipe and went ahead and prepped it in my KitchenAid. I used the flat blade to cream some butter, sugar, eggs, and spices, and then switched over to the dough hook to start incorporating the dry ingredients. The batter for these biscotti is heavy and thick, and I was concerned about how well the stand mixer would hold up. Evidently, it had no problems whatsoever. The biscotti turned out fantastic.

Notable Pros:
- Attachments are easily mounted and dismounted from the mixer yet held in place by an extremely secure, simple mechanism that is easy to clean.
- There is a diversity of attachments available for these mixers
- Extremely powerful motor delivers when it comes to heavy and thick batters or doughs.
- Sturdy build quality and no-fuss operation. Everything is simple and intuitive.
- Stainless steel bowl, and coated attachments are dishwasher safe in my experience (the whisk is not, and will oxidize - however this is easily reversed if you have stainless-steel cookware cleaner).

Notable Cons:
- The dust-shield is made out of plastic and thus when you pour dry ingredients in, a distinct static charge builds up that causes your dry ingredients to stick to the shield rather than fall in to the mixing bowl. It also promotes the dry ingredients sticking to the mixer head rather than incorporating.
- The wire whisk is not dishwasher safe requiring (just a tiny-bit) more cleanup effort.

TL;DR: An amazing product from KitchenAid with diverse attachments, lots of power, and no-fuss operation.
on May 21, 2014
This is my first mixer of this kind and I'm truly impressed. It's a huge and unexpected step up from my hand mixer. While the latter was plenty powerful for most of what I did, this makes baking far easier, cleaner and quieter. Plus it definitely has extra power. I also purchased the pasta roller and fettuccine cutter and couldn't be happier with the results. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a quality mixer. It was hard to argue trying it out when it came to under two hundred with the kitchenaid mail-in-rebate.
on April 28, 2013
just love this mixer, I wonder how i managed without it , it is a high quality machine beautifully made and i am very proud to own it, a joy to work with and i would recommend it to anyone who enjoys working and being creative in their kitchen