biss boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Color: ChromeStyle Name: Stand MixerChange

TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 17, 2010
Sure, there are cheaper food mixers, but the Kitchenaid stand mixer is an investment piece that is worth every cent.

Far too many manufacturers feel they need to choose either engineering or design. The practical or the aesthetic. Kitchenaid choose both - a serious piece of engineering that can sit in your kitchen and look beautiful.

You do need to dedicate some space to this workhorse - you won't want to be moving it often, but with its looks and its million and one uses, you will be happy to give it pride of place.

It performs better than any other mixer I have had and will take on anything. It is also surprisingly quiet. And with many weird and wonderful attachments to expand its capabilities, your Kitchenaid will be your personal kitchen assistant.

An essential investment. Five stars.
0Comment68 of 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2010
I ordered this unit on boxingday Saturday, to my suprise we got it that tuesday. we have used it to make pizza dough, breads, pastas, whipping cream egg whites etc. its an excptional unit and looks great.
0Comment25 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2010
Quiet and powerful as well as pretty. Very heavy which is good for me but I can see older cooks having issues carrying this around the kitchen. I have several of the attachments, all of which work well.... my fave is the ice-cream maker tho!!
0Comment22 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 1, 2012
If you cook or bake a lot, it's probably the best kitchen tool you can have. It's like having a second pair of hands.
on January 31, 2011
So far so good, Bought this for my family. It is the Empire red. I also purchased the 5 Quart glass bowl which looks pretty sharp with it. Works well. Appears to slow a bit on the heavy dough but it is expected. First time I bought through Amazon and it is a great service to have it show up at the door. Good price and excellent delivery method.

D
on January 13, 2012
Love the mixer - debated whether to get the professional or Artisan. I am glad I got the smaller Artisan for daily use!
It's insane to feel such affection for a simple appliance, but I do. I mean, just look at the colour! Sense its heft! Stir something in it and watch it work away without you, doing its thing while you dig in the cupboards for the next ingredient. It's a team member, an ally, a strong pal who can wrestle bread dough to a pulp one moment and tease points out of meringue the next...
Honestly, despite the fact it takes up much of my counter, I leave it there, my strong blue buddy. Ooh, I am feeling the urge to bake right now...
on January 29, 2010
Have been wanting this mixer for ages and finally bit the bullet and bought it. Best Christmas present I've ever given myself. Have used it more than I expected. I don't do tons of baking so this model is perfect. Highly recommend!
on December 30, 2010
I just love, lOvE, LOVE my KitchenAid Artisan mixer! I'd wanted one forever (well, for the 15 years I've been married anyway), and finally bought a beautiful cobalt blue machine as a Christmas present to myself. The mixer is so easy to use, and it's great to put all the ingredients into the bowl, turn it on, and walk away to do something else. No more standing with a hand mixer forever to whip egg whites and mix cookie dough, and mixing bread dough is nice. I very highly recommend this product - don't wait 15 years to get one!
on February 26, 2015
I bought this for my daughter as a Christmas present. It lasted 3 years. She called Kitchen Aid customer service...and or course.....it's not under warranty! She phoned a service centre and it was going to cost $45 to have a look and then probably another $150 for parts and labour.

I had thought I was buying a high end mixer that would last my daughter a lifetime! But then I guess we the consumer are learning over the past few years that the brands that we thought were high quality (high price) are no longer made to last. It seems that Kitchen Aid has resorted to the same tactics that have beguiled the entire commercial world, cheap components, glitzy exterior! Kitchen Aid is ruled by greed and maximum profits.

Kitchen Aid is no longer a quality product in my estimation. I will not buy my other kids this brand for when they set up their homes. If I have to replace it every 3-5 years....I will gage my buying practices accordingly for my personal consumption and the gifts that I buy!!!! KITCHEN AID.... you make junk!

See 1 answered question