5.0 out of 5 stars A great investment
Sure, there are cheaper food mixers, but the Kitchenaid stand mixer is an investment piece that is worth every cent.

Far too many manufacturers feel they need to choose either engineering or design. The practical or the aesthetic. Kitchenaid choose both - a serious piece of engineering that can sit in your kitchen and look beautiful.

You do need to...
Published on Jan. 17 2010 by Tom Douglas

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very powerful
I have two Kitchenaid mixers - I seem to have messed up on this one, it's a lot less powerful than the other. I'd recommend that any purchaser check the power before purchasing. Not the fault of the mixer, which still works well (except for walking itself off the counter when kneading bread), just a warning that if you do a lot of heavy mixing I'd get one of the tougher...
Published 17 months ago by Brenda Beebe

‹ Previous | 1 2 331 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Size Does Matter, Nov. 14 2010
Great product. My only reservation is the size of the bowl [5 quarts]. It sounds bigger than it is in practice. KitchenAid makes a 7-quart mixer for $500.+ which I will get if this one ever wears out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Birthday to me!!!!, Jan. 22 2013
B. Given (Saint John, NB Canada) - See all my reviews
I have always inspired to own a KitchenAid Stand Mixer, and now my dream came true. I decided after reviwing pricing all over the internet as well as local stores in my area that carry this product to buy one from Amazon.ca especailly for the value. Very speedy delivery; I would recommend using the super saver shipping to anyone. Shopping on Amazon.ca was very easy to use and payment process was quick and simple

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% Happy!!, April 5 2011
I purchased this mixer almost two months ago, and it has already become one of the most well-used small appliances in our home (almost ahead of the toaster, even). I've baked more since I got the mixer than in the last 5 years combined, and it makes for a quick, easy process.

Just after I bought the mixer, I found a deal on attachments (the slicer/shredder, the fruit strainer, and the grinder) and have been having fun testing them out. First experiment: "ground the meat ourselves" Swedish meatballs that the whole family loved.

You can adapt any recipe for the mixer, but I bought myself "The Mixer Bible" - 300 recipes specifically designed to be made using a stand mixer - just to get an idea of how/what needs to be adapted and to have a collection of recipes that I know will work.

The only thing I've found awkward so far is the pouring shield...particularly when I'm trying to add dry ingredients to dough. The shield rests on the rim of the bowl but doesn't attach firmly, so it always slides and/or falls off, which results in me getting a "poof" of flour on everything in the area even when the mixer is going on the slowest setting. Maybe part of the problem is that I'm left-handed and the spout of the pouring shield is off to the right... Without the pouring shield, I still find it awkward to add the dry ingredients to the bowl without spilling them because there's not a lot of space to play with between beater and bowl, but having to clean up fallen flour is a small price to pay. And I'm hoping that with practice, I'll look just a suave as the pros on the cooking shows.

Plus the colour choices are terrific!!

3.0 out of 5 stars very good, but not for big volume, Oct. 11 2013
This review is from: KitchenAid KSM150PSMC Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer, Metallic Chrome (Kitchen)
I love to bake...a normal baking blitz entails pie dough, cookie dough, bread dough...I bake in volume because I have 3 teenagers. I've waited years to purchase a KitchenAid Stand Mixer & purchased the Artisan.
First I made my pie dough - 5.5 cups of flour - should have been a breeze for this unit. However, the head was bobbing up and down & wiggling from side to side. Perhaps too ambitious? So I followed the KitchenAid recipe for bread - 6 cups flour. I thought the unit was going to die - it was pushing the limit and straining. Cookie dough next, only 4 cups of flour - still the Artisan was moaning with effort. The unit is very good for somebody baking single batches of baking...but for bigger, batches, I think I need to exchange the unit and upgrade to the KitchenAid 6000 Lift Stand Mixer.
I believe in the product.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good general duty mixer., May 15 2013
Overall a good investment. It is easy to clean, very quiet, and sits elegantly on our open concept kitchen counter. I suggest readers not buy the food slicer attachment. You should purchase the glass bowl as well and the special beater/scraper to give you more options when mixing two parts to a recipe.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love love love my kitchen aid artisan mixer!, Nov. 26 2013
Have had it about 8 months, use it frequently, no trouble with it at all and it makes baking an absolute breeze! I used to wish I was one of those mums who bakes great stuff with her kids, and now I am!
I have not used any additional accessories , so I cannot comment on those, but for the mixer itself and the components it comes with, its wonderful!
tip: go ahead and just put all the ingredients in your mixer, you dont need separate bowls or different steps! Just add the ingredients in the same order listed in the recipe (cream the butter and sugar before adding the rest) and your cakes and cookies will turn out great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Investment, April 30 2010
I have been wanting a KitchenAid Stand Mixer for a very long time. This machine is all it's hyped up to be. It's very durable and will last a lifetime and can be used for many things! You will not be disappointed if you invest in this mixer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why Did I Wait So Long?, March 4 2012
Kate Foxx "Kat" (Ottawa, On. Canada) - See all my reviews
I couldn't be more thrilled with my new Artisan stand mixer. It does a superb job of mixing and all that it is designed to do. It is quieter than I expected too. After much deliberation,I ordered the 'Bayleaf' colour and am delighted with it; it is a beautiful,rich, jewel-like tone. It looks very attractive tucked into its own corner on the kitchen counter, and is a nice contrast to all the other stainless appliances. It's important that it looks good, as the machine really is too solid and heavy to be taking it in and out of a cupboard. The Amazon price was better than I could find anywhere locally, the colour selection was more complete, and I was able to apply for the $50. rebate too.
I should add that I was amazed at how quickly it was delivered. I ordered it on a Wednesday evening, and although I didn't pay for Express shipping, it was on my doorstep Friday at noon. I live in Ottawa and understand the package came from the Toronto area - so if you live in this area, no need for extra shipping charges.
If you are young, or have a young family, and do a lot of baking, don't wait as long as I did to invest in one of these gems!

3.0 out of 5 stars wish that it lasted more then 10 months..., July 8 2014
I was very disappointed that this motor has already started to go :( and i have had it for less then a year - I never make large batches... 90% or my baking is soft cookies... so it should last much longer then that. The colours are awesome but a little more power and durability would be appreciated... i am thinking that next time I'll go for a stronger model but the reviews on that make it seem like a similar case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Satisfied, March 11 2012
I wasn't knowledgeable about KitchenAid mixers before purchasing this product so I posed a few questions in a cooking community and it was suggested that if I wasn't going to be using the mixer in a business setting, that I choose the Artisan model rather than the Professional.

I wish I had purchased this mixer decades ago because it's astonishing how well it performs, how easy it is to use, and how much more versatile it is than the hand mixers I have used all my life. I am exceedingly happy to have the mixer doing its job which frees up my hands to prepare other things, thereby speeding up the cooking or baking process.

I love the retro look of this model too, and the apple green colour is fabulous - it's truly a work of art.

‹ Previous | 1 2 331 | Next ›