5.0 out of 5 stars A great investment
Sure, there are cheaper food mixers, but the Kitchenaid stand mixer is an investment piece that is worth every cent.

Far too many manufacturers feel they need to choose either engineering or design. The practical or the aesthetic. Kitchenaid choose both - a serious piece of engineering that can sit in your kitchen and look beautiful.

You do need to...
Published on Jan. 17 2010 by Thomas Douglas

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very powerful
I have two Kitchenaid mixers - I seem to have messed up on this one, it's a lot less powerful than the other. I'd recommend that any purchaser check the power before purchasing. Not the fault of the mixer, which still works well (except for walking itself off the counter when kneading bread), just a warning that if you do a lot of heavy mixing I'd get one of the tougher...
Published 13 months ago by Brenda Beebe

‹ Previous | 1 2 329 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% Happy!!, April 5 2011
I purchased this mixer almost two months ago, and it has already become one of the most well-used small appliances in our home (almost ahead of the toaster, even). I've baked more since I got the mixer than in the last 5 years combined, and it makes for a quick, easy process.

Just after I bought the mixer, I found a deal on attachments (the slicer/shredder, the fruit strainer, and the grinder) and have been having fun testing them out. First experiment: "ground the meat ourselves" Swedish meatballs that the whole family loved.

You can adapt any recipe for the mixer, but I bought myself "The Mixer Bible" - 300 recipes specifically designed to be made using a stand mixer - just to get an idea of how/what needs to be adapted and to have a collection of recipes that I know will work.

The only thing I've found awkward so far is the pouring shield...particularly when I'm trying to add dry ingredients to dough. The shield rests on the rim of the bowl but doesn't attach firmly, so it always slides and/or falls off, which results in me getting a "poof" of flour on everything in the area even when the mixer is going on the slowest setting. Maybe part of the problem is that I'm left-handed and the spout of the pouring shield is off to the right... Without the pouring shield, I still find it awkward to add the dry ingredients to the bowl without spilling them because there's not a lot of space to play with between beater and bowl, but having to clean up fallen flour is a small price to pay. And I'm hoping that with practice, I'll look just a suave as the pros on the cooking shows.

Plus the colour choices are terrific!!

3.0 out of 5 stars very good, but not for big volume, Oct. 11 2013
This review is from: KitchenAid KSM150PSMC Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer, Metallic Chrome (Kitchen)
I love to bake...a normal baking blitz entails pie dough, cookie dough, bread dough...I bake in volume because I have 3 teenagers. I've waited years to purchase a KitchenAid Stand Mixer & purchased the Artisan.
First I made my pie dough - 5.5 cups of flour - should have been a breeze for this unit. However, the head was bobbing up and down & wiggling from side to side. Perhaps too ambitious? So I followed the KitchenAid recipe for bread - 6 cups flour. I thought the unit was going to die - it was pushing the limit and straining. Cookie dough next, only 4 cups of flour - still the Artisan was moaning with effort. The unit is very good for somebody baking single batches of baking...but for bigger, batches, I think I need to exchange the unit and upgrade to the KitchenAid 6000 Lift Stand Mixer.
I believe in the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Investment, April 30 2010
I have been wanting a KitchenAid Stand Mixer for a very long time. This machine is all it's hyped up to be. It's very durable and will last a lifetime and can be used for many things! You will not be disappointed if you invest in this mixer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love love, March 13 2013
Dorothyanne Brown "Dabble" (Dartmouth, NS) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
It's insane to feel such affection for a simple appliance, but I do. I mean, just look at the colour! Sense its heft! Stir something in it and watch it work away without you, doing its thing while you dig in the cupboards for the next ingredient. It's a team member, an ally, a strong pal who can wrestle bread dough to a pulp one moment and tease points out of meringue the next...
Honestly, despite the fact it takes up much of my counter, I leave it there, my strong blue buddy. Ooh, I am feeling the urge to bake right now...

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Birthday to me!!!!, Jan. 22 2013
B. Given (Saint John, NB Canada) - See all my reviews
I have always inspired to own a KitchenAid Stand Mixer, and now my dream came true. I decided after reviwing pricing all over the internet as well as local stores in my area that carry this product to buy one from Amazon.ca especailly for the value. Very speedy delivery; I would recommend using the super saver shipping to anyone. Shopping on Amazon.ca was very easy to use and payment process was quick and simple

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Satisfied, March 11 2012
I wasn't knowledgeable about KitchenAid mixers before purchasing this product so I posed a few questions in a cooking community and it was suggested that if I wasn't going to be using the mixer in a business setting, that I choose the Artisan model rather than the Professional.

I wish I had purchased this mixer decades ago because it's astonishing how well it performs, how easy it is to use, and how much more versatile it is than the hand mixers I have used all my life. I am exceedingly happy to have the mixer doing its job which frees up my hands to prepare other things, thereby speeding up the cooking or baking process.

I love the retro look of this model too, and the apple green colour is fabulous - it's truly a work of art.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty In Pink !, Feb. 25 2011
Rita (Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, CA) - See all my reviews
What a great product;it is not only pretty to look at but powerful too.I can't believe that I struggled with an under powered hand mixer all these years;this one gets the job done quickly with no effort.The only problem I had was choosing a colour,but in the end,pink was a great choice and very close to the preferred colour of 2011!This product isnot one that you hide away in your cupboard;it's not only great to look at,but heavy duty as well!

4.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen workhorse, Oct. 15 2012
Amanda (Ile Perrot, QC) - See all my reviews
I use this stand mixer every day—and that says a lot since there are few kitchen gadgets that I use on a regular basis. It's very easy to make food from scratch with the KitchenAid. I did have the same problem as another reviewer, which is why I gave it four stars instead of five: my flat beater was hitting the bottom of the bowl, so I tried to very finely adjust it. But when I adjust to where the attachments are not scraping the bowl, the head doesn't lock in place. And when I get it to where the head will fully lock, the wire whisk scratches the sides. I contacted customer service, and they were pretty evasive. I got the agent to finally admit that some scratching of the bowl was normal. What?!? Sounds like a scheme to make me buy a new bowl soon. There are tons of attachments, none of them are cheap. But it IS powerful, and the tilt head is a must. This colour is beautiful, too!

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good general duty mixer., May 15 2013
Overall a good investment. It is easy to clean, very quiet, and sits elegantly on our open concept kitchen counter. I suggest readers not buy the food slicer attachment. You should purchase the glass bowl as well and the special beater/scraper to give you more options when mixing two parts to a recipe.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Aid buyers BEWARE the mixer easily heats up and wears., July 5 2013
We bought the 575 watt professional stand mixer one year ago. We have had nothing but trouble with it. We returned it once for repairs. It was over heating and unable to run at a constant speed. Now,7 months later, the gears have worn out and the unit will no longer work at all. We used the mixer once a week to make a couple loafs of bread. Since our trouble we have discovered that a number of other people are experiencing similar issues. The only good thing I can say about the Kitchen Aid is that parts are very available on line (I'm not surprised). I would not recommend this mixer!

‹ Previous | 1 2 329 | Next ›