5.0 out of 5 stars A great investment
Sure, there are cheaper food mixers, but the Kitchenaid stand mixer is an investment piece that is worth every cent.

Far too many manufacturers feel they need to choose either engineering or design. The practical or the aesthetic. Kitchenaid choose both - a serious piece of engineering that can sit in your kitchen and look beautiful.

You do need to...
Published on Jan. 17 2010 by Tom Douglas

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very powerful
Published 9 months ago by Brenda Beebe

‹ Previous | 1 2 326 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Satisfied, March 11 2012
I wasn't knowledgeable about KitchenAid mixers before purchasing this product so I posed a few questions in a cooking community and it was suggested that if I wasn't going to be using the mixer in a business setting, that I choose the Artisan model rather than the Professional.

I wish I had purchased this mixer decades ago because it's astonishing how well it performs, how easy it is to use, and how much more versatile it is than the hand mixers I have used all my life. I am exceedingly happy to have the mixer doing its job which frees up my hands to prepare other things, thereby speeding up the cooking or baking process.

I love the retro look of this model too, and the apple green colour is fabulous - it's truly a work of art.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very powerful, Nov. 13 2013
This review is from: KitchenAid KSM150PSMC Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer, Metallic Chrome (Kitchen)
I have two Kitchenaid mixers - I seem to have messed up on this one, it's a lot less powerful than the other. I'd recommend that any purchaser check the power before purchasing. Not the fault of the mixer, which still works well (except for walking itself off the counter when kneading bread), just a warning that if you do a lot of heavy mixing I'd get one of the tougher versions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love love, March 13 2013
Dorothyanne Brown "Dabble" (Dartmouth, NS) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
It's insane to feel such affection for a simple appliance, but I do. I mean, just look at the colour! Sense its heft! Stir something in it and watch it work away without you, doing its thing while you dig in the cupboards for the next ingredient. It's a team member, an ally, a strong pal who can wrestle bread dough to a pulp one moment and tease points out of meringue the next...
Honestly, despite the fact it takes up much of my counter, I leave it there, my strong blue buddy. Ooh, I am feeling the urge to bake right now...

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Birthday to me!!!!, Jan. 22 2013
B. Given (Saint John, NB Canada) - See all my reviews
I have always inspired to own a KitchenAid Stand Mixer, and now my dream came true. I decided after reviwing pricing all over the internet as well as local stores in my area that carry this product to buy one from Amazon.ca especailly for the value. Very speedy delivery; I would recommend using the super saver shipping to anyone. Shopping on Amazon.ca was very easy to use and payment process was quick and simple

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% Happy!!, April 5 2011
I purchased this mixer almost two months ago, and it has already become one of the most well-used small appliances in our home (almost ahead of the toaster, even). I've baked more since I got the mixer than in the last 5 years combined, and it makes for a quick, easy process.

Just after I bought the mixer, I found a deal on attachments (the slicer/shredder, the fruit strainer, and the grinder) and have been having fun testing them out. First experiment: "ground the meat ourselves" Swedish meatballs that the whole family loved.

You can adapt any recipe for the mixer, but I bought myself "The Mixer Bible" - 300 recipes specifically designed to be made using a stand mixer - just to get an idea of how/what needs to be adapted and to have a collection of recipes that I know will work.

The only thing I've found awkward so far is the pouring shield...particularly when I'm trying to add dry ingredients to dough. The shield rests on the rim of the bowl but doesn't attach firmly, so it always slides and/or falls off, which results in me getting a "poof" of flour on everything in the area even when the mixer is going on the slowest setting. Maybe part of the problem is that I'm left-handed and the spout of the pouring shield is off to the right... Without the pouring shield, I still find it awkward to add the dry ingredients to the bowl without spilling them because there's not a lot of space to play with between beater and bowl, but having to clean up fallen flour is a small price to pay. And I'm hoping that with practice, I'll look just a suave as the pros on the cooking shows.

Plus the colour choices are terrific!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love love love my kitchen aid artisan mixer!, Nov. 26 2013
Have had it about 8 months, use it frequently, no trouble with it at all and it makes baking an absolute breeze! I used to wish I was one of those mums who bakes great stuff with her kids, and now I am!
I have not used any additional accessories , so I cannot comment on those, but for the mixer itself and the components it comes with, its wonderful!
tip: go ahead and just put all the ingredients in your mixer, you dont need separate bowls or different steps! Just add the ingredients in the same order listed in the recipe (cream the butter and sugar before adding the rest) and your cakes and cookies will turn out great.

5.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid stand mixer, April 28 2013
just love this mixer, I wonder how i managed without it , it is a high quality machine beautifully made and i am very proud to own it, a joy to work with and i would recommend it to anyone who enjoys working and being creative in their kitchen

5.0 out of 5 stars Ordered this as gift for friend, Dec 14 2010
As my friend said, they love it. Also I used this as well in other occasion. It is good. Performance is good.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kitchenaid buyers...BEWARE it will break down in 3 yrs., Feb. 8 2011
From the description, you get the sense that the investment into a Kitchenaid stand mixer is an investment for a lifetime, or at least the better part of a family's growing years. From my experience, this couldn't be further from the truth. I've had my Kitchenaid for just over 3 yrs and it recently started making a strange 'grinding' noise and would randomly shut off while using it. After my husband took it apart, he noticed some unusual wearing on the metal gears. Called Kitchenaid and they referred me to a local repair shop. Took it in and after looking inside they said there was a 'hairline crack in the transmission' which in their words was a "common Kitchenaid stand mixer problem". They said it was a very major repair and they were unwilling to even try to fix it. Virtual stand mixer death sentence. Called Kitchenaid again and they said that since it is past the 1 yr warranty there is NOTHING they are willing to do. Guess my beautiful silver stand mixer will be hitting the landfill and you can be sure my next purchase will NOT BE A KITCHENAID.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Aid buyers BEWARE the mixer easily heats up and wears., July 5 2013
We bought the 575 watt professional stand mixer one year ago. We have had nothing but trouble with it. We returned it once for repairs. It was over heating and unable to run at a constant speed. Now,7 months later, the gears have worn out and the unit will no longer work at all. We used the mixer once a week to make a couple loafs of bread. Since our trouble we have discovered that a number of other people are experiencing similar issues. The only good thing I can say about the Kitchen Aid is that parts are very available on line (I'm not surprised). I would not recommend this mixer!

‹ Previous | 1 2 326 | Next ›