5.0 out of 5 stars Great Time-saver
Published on Dec 20 2010 by Annie

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't last
This product values no more than 10 dollars, while I bought it at the price of 200 dollars. Scam. Don't buy it.
Published 17 days ago by R. Ye

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Time-saver, Dec 20 2010
This review is from: Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 5.5 cup Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker and Warmer In Premium White (Kitchen)
This rice cooker is made in Japan and works great. It has 2 timers which I have set for the morning & suppertime. My husband & I love steel cut oats which take a lot of time to cook. I place the oats, water, flax seeds, chia seeds, crushed banana...etc in the rice cooker in the evening and set the timer and the porridge setting. We get up in the morning and the porridge is being kept warm and is perfect. We also love brown rice which never cooked right in my previous rice cooker. Brown rice needs a lower temperature and longer cooking period. This Zojirushi has many rice settings including the brown rice. I rince and prepare my rice in the morning before work and set the timer for suppertime. When I come home from work, all I have to do is the meat & vegetables and my rice is ready and waiting. The rice is always perfect. I am really happy with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good rice cooker, good price at Amazon, Jan. 10 2011
Price is very good from Amazon. I used to buy these appliances from small Chinese retail stores, or Asian supermarkets like T&T. I was surprised to find the prices on Amazon, after discount, is much cheaper than the retail stores.

The rice cooker is very good. Cooks a variety of rice very well (we do Chinese/Thai jasmine rice, Japanese sushi rice, as well as brown rice). Like very much the thick metal inner cooking bowl. The cook time is a little longer than I expected - normal cooking will take around 55 minutes for 2 cups of regular and sushi rice. It has a quick cook option, which will take half the time, but the rice is not as soft. But it's a matter of getting used to. We found the rice cooked very well.

We bought this to replace our National, which had aged over the years. It's my first Zojirushi (I've owned National & Tiger). I usually look at these 3 brands at par with each other. I'm a loyal fan to Japanese rice cooker. An intersting note is that my Korean friends are all bragging about the Korean rice cookers now. They said the Korean ones are even better. Some Korean models are even more expensive than the Japanese ones these days. Times are changing :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, July 7 2011
Michel L'esperance "Pepper" (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
My wife and I became Vegetarians recently and in the spirit of doing it correctly, I wanted to get a trouble free, reliable machine that would do all the grain cooking in our diet. I have always been the "chef" of the family and rice has never been a problem in the microwave. However, preparing Brown Basmati, Wild rice etc. I just didn't want to be hanging around the kitchen for an hour or two just to end up with over-done product. After much research I came across this unit on Amazon. Not cheap, but I thought if we are going to embrace the diet, lets do it properly. This machine has proven to be everything it says it is and more. Like any other piece of technology, "Read The Manual" and this puppy rises to the occasion. The cooker is a great size for my kitchen and quiet of course. The pull-out AC cord is a bonus and the whole thing cleans up so easily. Bottom line, this thing is a pleasure! Worth the money since I use it almost everyday. If you're serious about cooking rice and other grains to perfection, I recommend you invest in this flashy little import. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Haven't used it much, but so far so good, Jan. 12 2012
Very easy to use, great results for brown rice. Haven't tried other types yet. Very clean to cook, not like the cheap ones with the glass lid and the hole in it. Easy to clean. And it plays a melody when it starts and finishes!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Little cooking device - Great eating experience, Feb. 8 2011
I simply love it . Bought it in order to cook brown rice and the result was lovely. I'm a rice-lover and this is just a perfect product for me. Strongly recommend to anyone.

Pro: Easy to use, simple to cook, tasteful cooked rice.
Con: A bit long due to ....fuzzy logic ? :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars no reasonable person, March 14 2013
We love this product. The rice comes out beautifully, as do the steel cut oats (that's all we've used it for so far). We love the timer, which itself works fine. It plays a tune for you when it's ready: so nice to wake up to that smell. The only drawback we can identify so far is the fact that it takes about 45 minutes to cook rice, which is longer than some of the basic, cheaper cookers. To be fair though, we feel that the rice comes out much nicer in the Zojirushi, so if you can generally wait 45 minutes to eat, you will have a more enjoyable meal.

We can't say we saw much of a difference between the "hard" and "soft" rice settings, but both were quite nice.

As for shipping, we were very happy. The cooker came in 2 days I think (might have been three, but we ordered on Sunday). Well packaged, came in perfect condition.

Very good Made in Japan quality. I have confidence there is no lead, cadmium, or BPA leeching into my food.

5.0 out of 5 stars They do make the best ricecookers!, Sept. 6 2012
wainair "wainair" (Erin, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This really is a quality machine that is well worth the money! It's well built, easy to use, and everything I've made in it has turned out perfectly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent rice cooker., Jan. 30 2012
This is the best rice cooker I have ever used. The price is very reasonable compared with the the price sold at the real store.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Brown rice cooker, Jan. 8 2012
This rice cooker makes the most tastiest and fluffiest brown rice compared to my Sanyo one. I'm giving it only 4 stars because of the length of time it takes to cook the brown rice. It take about 1.5+hrs for cooking time!!! Other than that....its an awesome rice cooker. Its was a great buy when it went on sale at AMAZON....I think the usual price is around $200+.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a rice & oatmeal cooking expert!, March 4 2011
I love my Zojirushi 5.5 cup rice cooker! It cooks wonderful rice and oatmeal too! I first bought a 3 cup model, but returned it, as the bowl seemed too small. The rice measuring cups are 6oz cups not 8oz cups, so this 5.5 cup model can cook up to 33oz of dry rice, or approximately 4 CAN/US cups of dry rice. The cooker is very easy to clean and program. I think that the rice/oatmeal actually turn out fluffier if they do sit/soak for a time while waiting on a timed cycle. I should have bought one years ago!