march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Size: 5.5 Cup|Change

Showing 1-10 of 29 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on January 10, 2011
Price is very good from Amazon. I used to buy these appliances from small Chinese retail stores, or Asian supermarkets like T&T. I was surprised to find the prices on Amazon, after discount, is much cheaper than the retail stores.

The rice cooker is very good. Cooks a variety of rice very well (we do Chinese/Thai jasmine rice, Japanese sushi rice, as well as brown rice). Like very much the thick metal inner cooking bowl. The cook time is a little longer than I expected - normal cooking will take around 55 minutes for 2 cups of regular and sushi rice. It has a quick cook option, which will take half the time, but the rice is not as soft. But it's a matter of getting used to. We found the rice cooked very well.

We bought this to replace our National, which had aged over the years. It's my first Zojirushi (I've owned National & Tiger). I usually look at these 3 brands at par with each other. I'm a loyal fan to Japanese rice cooker. An intersting note is that my Korean friends are all bragging about the Korean rice cookers now. They said the Korean ones are even better. Some Korean models are even more expensive than the Japanese ones these days. Times are changing :-)
on February 21, 2012
This is the most expensive rice cooker i have ever bought.But I think it worth the money.My son and I usually have dinner at 5:50Pm and my husbund back home at 7:30pm.The warmer function can help my husbund has the fresh rice even after 2 hours.And the timer is the most useful part for my breakfast.Now we can have the fresh porridge every morning without get up early to make it.
on March 2, 2015
A bit difficult to figure out at first but makes great rice, of desired consistency, consistently! Well designed and executed. Cleaning has been easy so far.
Why one star less, then?
Cord is a bit shorter than desired. Another foot longer and I would have to rearrange the kitchen counter a bit less!
A bigger beef is about the need to send the entire machine for changing the battery for the timer and memory. Even though it is a once in a 4-5 year hassle, shipping costs, replacement costs etc could and should have been avoided! Possibly easily!!
Replacement items are expensive, at least the inner pan which costs ~50-60 dollars (Canadian); the inner lid and spatula etc are not expensive (not sure about shipping charges for those).
The Canadian service and parts link is not clearly indicated in the manual. Writing to Zojirushi resulted in the following links:
http://www.zojirushi.com/app/service_centers (Canadian ones towards the bottom of the list of addresses)
on December 8, 2014
It's a fine machine and all, I'm just not sure if it's worth the price. I haven't personally found it making rice better than my previous $70 Tiger or just a $30 machine from any retailer. Being Chinese we grew up with a rule of thumb of how much water to add and it's served us just fine. Will keep the machine but I'd recommend those who are considering this to evaluate your bang for the buck before buying.
on December 20, 2010
A great rice cooker. Not sure if lesser priced fuzzy rice cookers are of same quality, but I'm happy with it. Very versatile...

Made white rice, sushi rice, mixed rice with chicken/soya sauce, steel cut oats for breakfast and congee so far. And cleanup was a snap! Love it. Was making rice on a stove for last 14 years and thought nothing can beat it for quality and taste. Rice is a preference thing, but I can tell you that with the same rice, stove cooked rice and the rice from this cooker is not the same taste and texture. I was impressed with that fact alone. I love the timer function! Stove rice cooking doesn't have that feature!

The only negative to this rice cooker is rice takes nearly twice as long as compared to stove top, so, planning must be thought out a bit more!
on April 18, 2013
I like it because it has more features. Also the 'pot' inside is better than what I used to have, not aluminum.
The only thing I noticed is that with regular white rice I have to add an additional cup of water to make it soft. For example for 3 cups of rice I put 5 cups of water. Maybe it is the type of rice.
on April 27, 2014
I've cooked rice in a regular pot a lot and do well. This made better rice on my first try.
White, brown, and glutinous rice cooked in this unit and all came out perfectly.
on January 8, 2012
This rice cooker makes the most tastiest and fluffiest brown rice compared to my Sanyo one. I'm giving it only 4 stars because of the length of time it takes to cook the brown rice. It take about 1.5+hrs for cooking time!!! Other than that....its an awesome rice cooker. Its was a great buy when it went on sale at AMAZON....I think the usual price is around $200+.
on February 22, 2016
Cooks both white and brown rice perfectly and keeps it warm and fluffy for several hours. This means that if we get home late from work, the rice is still good.

One gripe: Why the non-standard cup sizes? What if we lose a cup or it gets damaged? It would be better to use standard measurements (either imperial or metric) for measuring the rice and corresponding levels in the rice cooker. That way, we are not always looking for the special rice measuring cup. That is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5.
on December 30, 2015
I've only used this a few times but seems easy to use and rice comes out fantastic. My only slight complaint is that the product manual is a bit skimpy on details (how to select the keep warm/extended keep warm feature for instance). There are instructions on how to cook multiple different types of rice but seems geared more to Japanese products and a bit more information on how to cook rice products on N. American shelves would be useful (Wild rice, basmati rice etc).