march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Kitchen Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Size: 5.5 Cup|Change

on June 20, 2014
Two other family members, my children owned and used this product while they lived at home. As each left home to start out on their own, they took their rice cookers with them, and so the next family member, a sibling of the first to leave, purchased one of these great machines too. Time past and the next child left home, leaving mom and dad with no rice
cooker...so mom received one on this Mothers Day. I guess you could say that we were very happy with the product...in total our family has purchased three.
Caution, remove the paper packing under the coated rice cooking bowl before use...
on March 14, 2013
We love this product. The rice comes out beautifully, as do the steel cut oats (that's all we've used it for so far). We love the timer, which itself works fine. It plays a tune for you when it's ready: so nice to wake up to that smell. The only drawback we can identify so far is the fact that it takes about 45 minutes to cook rice, which is longer than some of the basic, cheaper cookers. To be fair though, we feel that the rice comes out much nicer in the Zojirushi, so if you can generally wait 45 minutes to eat, you will have a more enjoyable meal.

We can't say we saw much of a difference between the "hard" and "soft" rice settings, but both were quite nice.

As for shipping, we were very happy. The cooker came in 2 days I think (might have been three, but we ordered on Sunday). Well packaged, came in perfect condition.

Very good Made in Japan quality. I have confidence there is no lead, cadmium, or BPA leeching into my food.
on December 8, 2014
It's a fine machine and all, I'm just not sure if it's worth the price. I haven't personally found it making rice better than my previous $70 Tiger or just a $30 machine from any retailer. Being Chinese we grew up with a rule of thumb of how much water to add and it's served us just fine. Will keep the machine but I'd recommend those who are considering this to evaluate your bang for the buck before buying.
on December 20, 2010
A great rice cooker. Not sure if lesser priced fuzzy rice cookers are of same quality, but I'm happy with it. Very versatile...

Made white rice, sushi rice, mixed rice with chicken/soya sauce, steel cut oats for breakfast and congee so far. And cleanup was a snap! Love it. Was making rice on a stove for last 14 years and thought nothing can beat it for quality and taste. Rice is a preference thing, but I can tell you that with the same rice, stove cooked rice and the rice from this cooker is not the same taste and texture. I was impressed with that fact alone. I love the timer function! Stove rice cooking doesn't have that feature!

The only negative to this rice cooker is rice takes nearly twice as long as compared to stove top, so, planning must be thought out a bit more!
on April 18, 2013
I like it because it has more features. Also the 'pot' inside is better than what I used to have, not aluminum.
The only thing I noticed is that with regular white rice I have to add an additional cup of water to make it soft. For example for 3 cups of rice I put 5 cups of water. Maybe it is the type of rice.
on January 12, 2012
Very easy to use, great results for brown rice. Haven't tried other types yet. Very clean to cook, not like the cheap ones with the glass lid and the hole in it. Easy to clean. And it plays a melody when it starts and finishes!!!
on January 12, 2011
We used to have a 1 button simple rice cooker by National, that thing still works fine but we just thought it would be nice to have an upgrade. After researching for awhile we decided to get this model from Zojirushi. I think the operating instructions are simple, there are presets for different kinds of rice. We made congee a couple of times, the first time was alright since we weren't sure of how much water to add. I think the water indicators inside the pot for the congee level needs to be increased. After we increased the water amount for the 2nd time, the congee was perfect!! I found the price on Amazon.ca to be the best and shipping during the holiday season only took 1 week. The rice cooker was packaged well and there were no signs of damage on the box. So far we are very happy with the purchase!
on April 27, 2014
I've cooked rice in a regular pot a lot and do well. This made better rice on my first try.
White, brown, and glutinous rice cooked in this unit and all came out perfectly.
on July 16, 2012
C'est très bien, par rapport d'autres cuiseurs électrique
surtout venant de Chine, le durée de vie est trop courte ( 1 ans max )
Le + le ris reste au chaud sans être mouillé ou trop dur !
Je suis d'origine Vietnamienne, et les cuiseurs de riz, j'ai dû acheté pas mal depuis mon arrivé en France en 1968.
Conseil aux amateurs de riz, à ce prix il y a pas à hésiter.
Mme HO - France -
on November 29, 2012
Our 20year old Salton rice cooker/steamer died so we were looking for something to replace it. We always wondered if the "fancy" rice cookers were worth it. This one definitely is! Perfect jasmine, basmati and brown rice! The best feature is waking up every morning to hot steal-cut oatmeal. We've even made polenta in it. No more molten cornmeal burns! This gets used every day in our home.